XAT Notification 2018 – XAT 2018 Application Form – Management Courses – Exam Pattern, Important Dates
XAT Notification 2018: Xavier School of Management (XLRI) conducts the XAT 2018 written exam for admission into management courses at XLRI, affiliated institutes and more than 100 B-schools. Aspirants may go through XAT 2018 Registration process prior filling of Xavier Aptitude Test application form. Last date for XAT Registration is 30-11-2017 after which no application form will be accepted. Candidates have to fill up the application form and make payment of the specified amount of fee through online or offline modes. Candidates who pay through DD have to download, print, and submit the online application confirmation page using ordinary post/speed post/courier. The written exam will be held on 7th January, 2018 and the admit cards are issued from 20th December, 2017 to all the successful applicants. NRI and foreign candidates have to apply through their GMAT score only. Candidates from Kathmandu and Dubai do not need the GMAT score as XAT 2018 is held in these cities along with all major cities of India. As per the XAT 2018 notification, Candidates receive admission into management schools at the discretion of authorities based on the merit score in the written exam.
As per the XAT 2018 notification, The following details related to the management courses are tabulated –
|Sl. No||Courses||Eligibility Criteria||Institutes /Schools|
|1||Business Management (BM)||Bachelor’s Degree Of 3 Yrs. Or Equivalent;
NRI/Foreign Students – GMAT Score
|Valid XAT Score Is Accepted At XLRI, XAT Associated Institutes And 100+ B-Schools|
|2||Human Resource Management (HRM)|
|3||General Management Programme (GMP)|
In addition to the above mentioned eligibility criteria, the following details are provided as per the XAT 2018 notification –
- Candidates require a minimum 3 yrs. bachelor’s degree or equivalent in any discipline from recognised institutes/colleges/universities.
- Candidates who finished their final examination by the 10th June of 2018 are also eligible to apply for XAT 2018.
- Candidates who are interested in GMP programme of XLRI require a total experience of 5 years till 31st March 2018.
- NRI and foreign candidates have to apply through their GMAT score excluding candidates from Dubai and Kathmandu who can opt for XAT 2018.
Check here – Jobs by Qualification
The following selection procedure for Management Courses can be studied by the interested applicants –
- Candidates who apply before the last date are only considered for selection.
- Candidates should ensure they opt for XLRI courses by specifying the same in the application form during submission.
- Candidates from Dubai and Kathmandu who appear for XAT 2018 without GMAT are also considered as eligible.
- Selection is done by the respective Managements based purely on the merit scores in the XAT 2018 written exam.
Written Exam Pattern And Marks:
- In Part A, The candidate’s’ Verbal and Logical Abilities, Quantitative Ability, Decision Making and Data Interpretation skills are tested.
- There are 78 questions for a duration of 170 minutes with following negative marking scheme –
- Students have a choice of not attempting 13 questions in order to avoid negative marking.
- For each wrong answer score is deducted by 0.25 marks and by 0.05 marks for more than 13 un-attempted questions.
- In Part B, 25 questions testing General Knowledge along with an essay have to be answered within 35 Minutes. There is no negative marking in this section.
How to Scan Photograph and Signature for XAT?
The XAT 2018 notification provides the following details for the application fee –
|Fee Amount Only For XAT 2018||Rs 1600/-|
|Additional Fee Amount For each XLRI Programme||Rs 300/- each|
|Online Payment Mode||VISA/Debit Card/Master Credit Or IDBI Net banking|
|Cash Payment Mode||IDBI Deposit Using XAT Pay-In-Slip|
|DD Payment Mode||Favouring “XLRI Jamshedpur A/c XAT” And Payable At Jamshedpur.|
XAT Registration And Application Filling Process:
The candidates can take note of the following sequence of steps for application –
- Candidate can visit the official website using the following link – xatonline.net.in
- Click on Register and create a new account by providing the personal email id
- Candidate will receive a unique XAT ID along with a registration link.
- Click the registration link and create a safe and personal password.
- The XAT ID and password are required for subsequent logins.
- Candidates who are interested in XLRI have to select the programme of their choice from the following – Business Management (BM)/Human Resource Management (HRM)/General Management Programme (GMP).
- Online payment has to be made next through net banking or credit/debit cards.
- Applicants who pay using cash deposit or DD have to update the payment details in the registration page.
- Candidates can print the XAT confirmation page and use XAT ID for all future correspondence.
- Candidates who paid using modes other than the DD are not required to submit the confirmation page by postal service.
- Send Confirmation page and the Demand Draft to the following address within fifteen days from the issuance of DD –
The Chairperson Admission, XLRI, Circuit House Area (East), Jamshedpur- 831001.
The following significant dates have been tabulated as per the XAT notification 2018-
|Last Date For Application Without Late Fee||30th November 2017|
|Last Date For Application With Late Fee||15th December 2017|
|Download Date For Admit Cards||20th December 2017|
|Date And Time Of Exam||7th January 2018 , 10 AM To 1:30 PM|
|XAT Result||31st January 2018|
Download here : XAT Admit Card
The link to the official website of XAT is at : http://xatonline.net.in/index.html
The links to the official instructions and online registration process are at: