WBSSC Recruitment 2017 Apply Online Today! Clerk And Group D Posts – Matron, Peon, Helper, Lab Attendant
The West Bengal School Service Commission (WBSSC) has issued an official information brochure and WBSSC Recruitment notification for Clerk & Group D vacancies. The positions are in all five regions of the State for Candidates from General, OBC, SC, ST, Ex-Servicemen, and PH categories. Only online applications are invited for these positions and the candidates can choose the local region of posting while applying. Additional information related to official notification terms, job requirements, total vacancies in each region, application and selection rules, exam fees, website links, and important dates is given below.
The official notification informs eligible candidates to apply online for above vacancy. The WBSSC is the designated authority to conduct the Regional Level Selection Test for non teaching positions. The relevant service acts and rules are used to recruit based on academic performance and merit in the aforementioned test. The test will be in English and Bengali. There are 4923 vacancies in total with 1707 Clerical and 3216 Group D Staff positions. The WBSSC Secretary has released the information brochure and notification on 8th of August, 2017 in Kolkata with the following two numbers: Memo No. 666 /6855/CSSC/ESTT/2017, Advertisement No. 01/NT/2017
The clerical positions require candidates with schooling to use computers and display typing skills. Other positions require the appropriate skills. All appointees will work under the guidance of superiors, and discipline and punctuality have to be displayed for these positions. Candidates have to display knowledge in English, Bengali, and another language which is used as medium of instruction in the school of posting.
The vacancy for above mentioned positions is tabulated below as per the instructions provided in the WBSSC Recruitment 2017 advertisement-
|Post Title||Total Posts|| Region-Wise
Eastern Western Southern Northern South-East
|Clerk||1707||441||461||284||274||247||School final passed or Madhyamik or old High School pass or equivalent|
|Group D Staff||3216||738||1034||375||755||314||7th passed or equivalent from recognized school/board/council|
Grand Total of Posts – 4923
- Candidate should know English, Bengali, along with language used as medium of instruction at appointed schools including Nepali, Hindi, Oriya, Telugu, Urdu, etc.,
The following age limits are listed for the above mentioned positions-
- All candidates from both general and reserved category must have completed 18 yrs. of age.
- All candidates must be 40 yrs. or below.
- Upper age limit is relaxed for Candidates from ST, SC, OBC, PH, Ex-Servicemen categories.
- SC/ST/Ex-Servicemen candidates get 5 yrs. upper age relaxation, with OBCs getting 3 yrs. and PHs getting 8 yrs.
- Date of reckoning for age is 1st January, 2017.
The following selection rules are applied as per the information provided by WPSSC Recruitment 2017 advertisement:
- Qualified candidates who submit correct applications will be considered.
- The Regional Level Selection Test with a written examination (MCQ Type) followed by personality test will be held. Dates will be informed later.
- Merit in the Written Exam and academic qualifications are used as basis to invite candidates.
- The total candidates for personality test is not more than 2 times the total published vacancies
- Marks in Personality Test is followed by evaluation of Computer Proficiency and Typing skills for the Clerk positions.
- For all positions, disqualifications rules are applied as per information brochure and selection is purely on the basis of merit.
The salaries for all the above mentioned positions will be commensurate with designation offered. All the admissible Government Rules will be followed as per the WBSSC Recruitment 2017 notification.
Application Fee :
The following examination fee has to be paid –
- General and OBC candidates must pay Rs. 140/- + Rs. 5/- as bank charges for Clerk position.
- SC/ST/PH candidates have to pay only Rs. 70/- + Rs. 5/- as bank charges for Clerk position.
- General and OBC candidates must pay Rs. 120/- + Rs. 5/- as bank charges for Group D Staff position.
- SC/ST/PH candidates have to pay only Rs. 60/- + Rs. 5/- as bank charges for Group D Staff position.
How to Apply:
The following online application procedure can be followed:
- Only eligible candidates must apply using online mode.
- The latest Chrome/Firefox/Internet Explorer browser has to be used.
- Candidates can peruse the Information Brochure before applying.
- The browser should not be refreshed and the back button should not be pressed to navigate out of the page for Application Submission.
- The candidate has to open the following page – http://www.westbengalssc.com/sscorg/wbssc/rlstAppNT/
- Click on “Go For Online Application” button.
- Provide all the details for primary information, personal information, and upload the photo
- Click the payment tab and pay fee using – Credit Card/ Internet Banking /Debit Card/ Sahaj Tathya Mitra Kendra.
- e-Challan can be collected to pay offline at any West Bengal branch of Allahabad Bank within 24 hours.
- Take a hard copy/printout of Application Form for reference.
The WBSSC Recruitment 2017 notifies online applicants of the following dates –
|Date of notification issue||8th August, 2017|
|Starting date for online application submission||10th August, 2017 at 5 PM|
|Closing date for online application submission||31 August, 2017 at 5 PM|
|Last date for Fee Deposit||5th September, 2017|
The link for WBSSC official website and the links for downloading official notification are at:
The online application can be submitted at the link: Apply Here
- Incomplete and wrong applications are cancelled.
- Candidates do not have to submit a hard copy of application.
- Candidates can use APPLICATION ID NUMBER for communications.