WBBPE Recruitment 2017-2018 – Apply Online 3000 Primary Teacher Vacancy
West Bengal Board of Primary Education (WBBPE) has advertised for appointment of primary teachers. Eligible candidates have to apply using only the online mode as per the instructions of the WBBPE Recruitment 2017-2018 notification. The qualified candidates with necessary academic background and Teacher Eligibility Test (TET) qualification are selected by the Interview Board. The selection is done on the basis of aptitude test, viva voce, interview, extracurricular skills, TET qualification, and training performance. The appointees have to teach various languages in different districts of West Bengal. Reservation and relaxation rules are applied as per Government guidelines. The official advertisement was issued by the Secretary of WBBPE on 26th September, 2016 under the following memo number – Memo no. 2202/BPE/2016
The following table mentions the vacancy information for all the positions –
|Sl. No.||Job Position||Total Vacancy||Eligibility Criteria||Age Limits||Salary (Rupees)|
|1||Primary Teachers||3000+||50% in Higher Secondary Education or equivalent + 2 yr. NCTE Diploma in elementary education OR
Graduation + Diploma in Elementary Education + TET Qualification.
|18 to 40 yrs.
Relaxation rules as applicable
5400/- to 25200/- +
Grade Pay + Admissible Allowances
NCTE – National Council of Teacher Education
TET – Teacher Eligibility Test
The above mentioned educational qualifications are minimum and essential. Additional requirements are mentioned below –
- All candidates should have Secondary or Madhyamik certificate with English and Mathematics as subjects.
- Candidates should have passed Higher Secondary or equivalent with the subject they wish to teach as first or second language.
- Candidates have to be Indian Nationals.
As per the WBBPE Recruitment 2017-2018 notification, age criteria are provided below –
- The minimum and maximum age limits are mentioned as 18 and 40 years respectively.
- Government guidelines are applied to offer relaxation in upper age limits to candidates from SC or ST or OBC categories.
Selection for the above mentioned positions includes the following sequence of steps –
- Candidates who submit application forms before due date are considered for selection.
- Application forms submitted before due date are scrutinised prima facie for eligibility.
- Eligibility is determined on the basis of academic qualifications, TET, age, etc., as per the terms of reference mentioned in the official notification.
- Candidates are informed about dates, time and venue for verification of certificates.
- Candidates have to arrive with necessary documents during the verification stage.
- The original copies of all the testimonials are checked for ensuring qualification of the candidates during the verification stage.
- Candidates who do not meet the necessary qualification criteria or those who fail to produce the necessary testimonials and supporting documents are rejected.
- Qualified candidates will be invited for the next stage of selection.
- They have to participate in an Aptitude Test and Viva Voce/Interview on the specified date and time at the chosen venue.
- The Interview Board will thoroughly assess the performance of all the participating candidates.
- Selection of suitable candidates is done on the basis of following marks allotment scheme –
- 5 marks are allotted for Madhyamik/ Secondary Pass, TET, Extra-curricular activities, Viva Voce/Interview, Aptitude Test/Teaching Experience for a total of 25 marks.
- Higher Secondary Pass receive 10 marks and training is allotted 15 marks.
- The marks are allotted for various competencies based on the official terms to add up to a grand total of 50 marks.
- Candidates with higher experience receive more marks during evaluation.
- Selection is done on the basis of merit at the complete discretion of the Interview Board.
As per the WBBPE Recruitment 2017-2018 notification, the following emoluments are mentioned-
- Selected candidates receive salary in the pay scale of Rs. 5400/- to Rs. 25200/-
- The pay scale also includes the commensurate Grade pay.
- Selected candidates are also paid admissible allowances as per Government rules.
As per the WBBPE Recruitment 2017-2018 notification, The application processing fee using the appropriate payment mode is as follows –
|General And OBC Candidates||Rs 100/-|
|SC, ST, and PWD Candidates||Rs 50/-|
How to Apply:
The application procedure for the primary teacher positions is listed below –
- The official website can be opened in the latest browser with this link – http://www.wbbpe.org/
- The application form has to be filled completely and correctly by providing all the information including personal, communication, academic, and experience details.
- Candidates have to come prepared for the online application process by bringing the necessary testimonials and supporting documents.
- Candidates are instructed to take a printout or hard copy of the filled up application form for future reference.
- Candidates have to regularly check the online resources for updates on dates, times, venues, and admit cards for various selection stages including testimonial verification, aptitude test, viva voce, interview, etc.,
The following dates are significant as per the WBBPE Recruitment 2017-2018 notification –
|Commencement Date Of Online Applications||10/10/2017|
|Closing Date Of Online Applications||29/10/2017|
The link to the official website of WBBEP is at : www.wbbpe.org
The link to the official advertisement in PDF format : Download Here