VIT University Entrance Exam:
The Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT University) has announced the VIT university exam dates for the VIT Research entrance exam for the 2017 sessions. The examination is conducted for the admissions into M.Tech. in research, Master of Philosophy (M.Phill.) and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programme offered in various specializations.
Interested candidates can read the following instructions, guidelines, eligibility criteria and other relevant information regarding the examination.
- The last date to apply for the entrance exam is 16.05.2017.
- The entrance examination of VITREE will held on 04.06.2017 and 05.06.2017.
- The slot booking will be opened from 2nd week of May 2017.
- M.Tech by Research
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Master’s degree in Science or Master’s degree in Computer Applications (with Physics & Mathematics at Bachelor’s level) with a first class or a minimum 60% marks/CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University/Institute does not award any class. Applicants with M.Sc Computer Science or MCA willing to do Ph.D can register for M.Tech (by Research) and later have an option to upgrade to Ph.D. Please refer to the M.Tech (by Research) regulations in VIT website.
- Associate membership of the following professional bodies with a pass in both Parts A & B with 60% marks. (Such candidates are eligible for admission to M. Tech (by Research) Programme in their parent discipline. Their eligibility for other disciplines will be decided on a case-to-case basis).
The Institution of Engineers (India)
The Aeronautical Society of India
The Indian Institute of Metals
The Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers
The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- For PhD in Engg.
Master’s degree in Engineering/Technology in the relevant discipline with a first class or a minimum of 60% marks/CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University/Institute does not award any class
Equivalent qualifications like M.Sc. (Engineering) / M.S. [By Research.] / M.Tech [by Research]. For Integrated Ph.D in Engineering / Technology: Bachelor’s Students with outstanding academic record in the Bachelor’s degree in engineering technology disciplines of Bio-Technology / Electronics, with an aptitude towards advanced scientific and technological research are eligible to apply. A minimum of 80% marks or a CGPA of 8.0 is the primary pre-requisite. Candidates who are appearing for the final examination can also apply provided they meet all the requirements before admission.
- For Ph.D / M.Phil. in Sciences / Languages:
Master’s degree in the relevant discipline of Science with a first class (or a minimum of 60% marks/CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University/ Institute does not award any class). For Languages, Master’s degree with a minimum of 55% marks.
- For Ph.D in Management:
Master in Business Administration with a first class or a minimum of 60% marks/CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University/Institute does not award any class.
- For M.Phil in Management:
- Master’s degree in the relevant discipline of Management with a first class (or a minimum of 60% marks/CGPA 6.5 on a 10 point scale in cases where the University/ Institute does not award any class).
Click Here More Details;
|VIT University Time Table 2017||VIT University Results 2017|
- The candidates who satisfy the criteria prescribed shall appear for the VITREE which will be a computer based test (CBT).
- The question paper will have 100 MCQs;
Technical- 70 questions.
English Communication Skills- 15 questions.
Statistics and Probability- 15 questions.
- The shortlisted candidates will be called for the interview at Vellore and Chennai Campus on 25.06.2016.
How to apply:
Step 1: New User Registration: Enter all the relevant information carefully to avoid any mistake or cancellation of the form. An access code or password will be send to the registered mobile number and email address.
Step 2: Confirmation of password: Login to registered user with your email id and password to VIT.
Step 3: Filling application form online: Provide all the relevant information carefully in the respective fields and cross check them before submitting the application. An application number will be generated as soon as submission of the application.
Step 4: Mode of Payment: Pay an online amount of Rs.950/- through net banking, credit or debit card.
Step 5: Upload Photo and Signature: Scanned passport size color photograph of minimum 10 kb and max. 300 kb of dimensions 3.5 cm X 4.5 cm in .jpeg/.jpg format.
Scanned signature of the candidate of minimum 10 kb and max. 300 kb to be uploaded of dimensions 6 cm X 2 cm in .jpg/.jpeg format.
Note: Selfie photos are not allowed.
Application/ Processing Fee:
The candidate needs to pay an amount of Rs.950/- online at the time of submission of the application.
Issue of Application form- 13.03.2017
Last date to apply online– 16.05.2017
Dates of booking slots for research entrance exam- 23.05.2016 to 30.05.2017
Date of VITREE 2016- 04.06.2017 and 05.06.2017
Date of Interview- 25.06.2017
Late date of payment of fee- 11.07.2017
Advertisement and Application form link details:
Further correspondence / enquiry can be made to the Director (PG Admissions) over phone,
No. + 91-416- 220 2922, 220 4600, 220 4700) or in person between 8.30 am to 5.30 pm on all working days except Saturdays and Sundays.
Also one can contact to their official website: www.vit.ac.in