UGC NET 2018
Central Board of Secondary Education has published the notification for National Eligibility Test on behalf of UGC. UGC NET 2018 notification is for the vacancies that are there for the posts of Assistant Professor & Junior Research Fellowship. The online application could have been submitted till 11-09-2017. The admit card will be dispatched by 3rd week of Oct 2017. The examination is scheduled to be held on 05-11-2017. Aspirants must be aware of the notification, eligibility criteria, exam dates and the process to apply. They can easily do so if they continue reading.
Aspirants after qualifying at the UGC NET 2018 papers can have enrollment for junior research fellowship & assistant professor positions. The examination will be held in 84 subjects and will be held at 90 centers spread all over India.
UGC NET Eligibility Criteria:
Aspirants must fulfill the eligibility criteria before they apply for the UGC NET 2018. The eligibility criteria are as below:
- Candidates must have Master’s or equivalent degree from reputed educational institutions.
- Aspirants must have subjects like Humanities and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. on their study matter.
- The percentage of marks requirement is 55% for general candidates and 50% for SC/ST/OBC-NCL/PwD categories.
- Aspirants who are appearing for Master’s degree are also eligible to appear for this exam.
- There is a relaxation of 5% in marks for candidates having Ph.D degree whose Master’s degree was completed by 19th September 1991.
For Junior Research Fellowship The Eligibility Criteria Are:
- Maximum age of aspirants who wish to apply for UGC NET 2018 is 28 years as on 1st January 2018.
- Candidates of the OBC-NCL, SC, ST and PwD categories will receive 5 years relaxation in the upper age limit.
- Candidates having research experience will also receive relaxation.
- Aspirants having LL.M. degree are entitled to 3 years relaxation in age.
- For the post of Assistant Professor, there is no prearranged upper age limit to fill UGC NET application form 2018.
There is a prescribed application fee that aspirants need to pay for appearing in this exam. The fees are not refundable or transferable and should be paid through debit or credit card or through e-challan. If candidates are paying through e-challan then they must pay cash to Syndicate/Canara/ICICI/HDFC bank.
UGC NET Exam Pattern:
- The entrance test consists of three papers.
- The exam is organized through offline mode.
- Aspirants are obligatory to mark their answers on the Optical Mark Reader (OMR) Sheet.
- There are 185 questions asked in NET which is divided into 3 papers.
- Eligibility Test consists of objective type questions.
- Each correct answer will carry 2 marks.
- There is no provision of negative marking.
|Session||Paper||Marks||Number of Question||Duration|
|First||I||100||50 questions all are compulsory||1¼ Hours (09:30 A.M. to 10:45 A.M.) IST|
|Second||II||100||50 questions all are compulsory||1¼ Hours (11:15 A.M. to 12:30 P.M.) IST|
|Third||III||150||75 questions all are compulsory||2½ Hours (02:00 P.M. to 04:30 P.M.) IST|
How To Fill The UGC NET Application Form:
- Candidates need to be on the official website of National Eligibility Test (NET)/ Central Board of Secondary Education that is cbsenet.nic.in
- They then need to go to Current Event section on the left side of the page
- They need to press on Information Bulletin NET Nov 2017 link.
- Careful understanding of the detailed UGC NET notification is required.
- Candidates who are eligible may download UGC NET application form.
- They then need to choose appropriate applying link.
- All information in UGC NET 2018 form need to be provided
- Upload all required documents and certificates with it along with a scanned image of photograph and signature. Aadhaar Card is a must document to be uploaded.
- Aspirants have to make payment of application fee.
- When the form is completely filled the form must be submitted.
- A print out needs to be kept for future needs.
The candidates require of have the admit card in order to appear for the exam. The card will be available shortly and aspirants need to check their name, roll number, exam venue on call letter.
The result of the exam will also be delivered online and aspirants can know about the outcome of the exam.
The answer key to the exam is released by Central Board of Secondary Education after the exam is successfully conducted. Candidates can check their answers if they compare with the keys released.
Candidates need to prepare well for the exam. They can do so by solving papers of previous years.
|Online Application Form Submission||11-08- 2017|
|Last date for Applying Online||11-09-2017|
|Last date of submission of Fee through online generated Bank Challan, at any branch of (SYNDICATE/CANARA/ICICI/HDFC BANK)||12-09- 2017|
|Correction in Particulars of application form on the website||19-09-2017 to 25-09-2017|
|Uploading of UGC NET 2018 Admit Card||3rd week of Oct 2017|
|Date of Examination||05-11-2017|
Official website is cbsenet.nic.in
|CBSE UGC NET Exam January||CBSE UGC NET Answer Keys|
|CBSE UGC NET Admit Card||CBSE UGC NET Result|