UCEED 2018 Notification Apply Online now
IIT Bombay has recently posted the notification concerning the UCEED 2018 according to which the candidates who want to take admissions in the B.Design Programmes. The candidates are required to apply for the entrance test that will take place on January 20th, 2018 in two phases. The IIT Bombay is the parent body that publishes the eligibility criteria for UCEED (Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design) 2018 and conducts the test as well. The aspirants wanting to apply for UCEED 2018 are required to apply for the test before 11th November 2017. We have compiled important instructions concerning with the UCEED 2018 such as eligibility criteria, Important Dates, events, Instructions, etc. The official website of IIT Bombay is www.iib.ac.in.
Find More – Engineering Entrance Exams Calendar 2018
UCEED Eligibility Criteria:
- The Age limit prescribed by the UCEED (Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design) 2018 notification is that he/she must be born after 01st October 1997 for General category.
- The applicants under SC, ST, and PwD category must have born on or after 01st October 1992.
- The candidates can apply for maximum 02 times in consecutive attempts.
- The educational qualification required is HSC or 12th passed or appeared.
Out of the total 105 seats available for the course of Bachelor in Design, the seats are further reserved in categories such as –
|Institute||Gen||OBC – NCL||OBC – NCL PwD||SC||SC – PwD||ST||Total|
How to Fill UCEED 2018 Application Form:
The candidates gearing up to attend the UCEED 2018 must apply by submitting application form on its official website for which the steps to follow as given below –
- The official portal of IIT Bombay is www.iitb.ac.in.
- On the website, the participants will have to register by entering credentials to retrieve provisional registration number.
- Using the retrieved registration number, log in to the account and continue with the application procedure.
- The participants will have to enter all the details as asked.
- Canvassing in any form or producing false or wrong information if detected will result in application getting rejected.
- The candidates will be asked to upload the scanned or digital image of the photo, signature, and required documents .
- After providing all the details and uploading the required documents, proceed to the payment gateway to pay the application form to complete the submission process.
The Undergraduate Common Entrance Examination for Design (UCEED) 2018 has imposed application or registration fee on the candidates in order to complete the application submission process. Following are the details on the category-wise bifurcation of application fee –
- The candidates under General category (Male) will have to pay 2,000/- as Application Fee.
- The General (Female) category as well reserved categories that are PwD, SC, ST will have to pay 1,000/- as application fee using Internet Banking or by using Credit/Debit Card.
UCEED 2018 Exam Pattern:
The UCEED 2018 test will be of 3 hours duration in which 100 questions will be asked weighing 03 marks each. The candidates will have to solve the MCQs which will be in the English Language. The Questions will be from 3 sections namely A, B, and C. The aspirants will get 04 marks for each correct answer and no negative marking for section A and B. However, the section C will award 03 marks for correct answer and -1 for each wrong answer.
UCEED 2018 Syllabus:
The UCEED 2018 Test paper will have six sections for which the details are given below –
|1.||Design Thinking and Problem-Solving|
|3.||Analytical and Logical Reasoning|
|4.||Environmental and Social Awareness|
|5.||Observation and Design Sensitivity|
|6.||Visualization and Spatial Ability|
UCEED 2018 Admit Card:
The Admit Card contains information on the identity of the applicants, the examination centers, and related details and hence, the admit card is an important document. The applicants need to download the Admit Card that will be released in the month of December 2016 and take the printout of the same in order to produce it during the examination.
Download Now – UCEED Admit Card 2018
UCEED 2018 Results:
The IIT Institute will release the results for UCEED 2018 on 20th February 2018 on its official website www.iitb.ac.in. The candidates who had appeared for the entrance test for B.Des can check their results and only the qualified candidates will be called for further Admission Process.
UCEED 2018 Admission Process:
Once the aspirants qualify the UCEED 2018, following are the admission process to be undertaken –
- The First round of admissions at IIT Bombay is scheduled to be held in the 1st Week of July 2018 tentatively where the candidates with higher ranks will be called to secure their admissions.
- In case the total vacant seats are not completely filled, Second Admission Round will be organized tentatively in the 2nd Week of July 2018.
- The candidates who want to secure admissions during Admission Round will have to produce all the necessary documents and pay the fees.
|Commencement of online application form||09-10-2017|
|Last date for submission of application form without late fee||10-11-2017|
|Submission of application form with late fee||11-11-2017 to 17-11-2017|
|Issue of Admit Card||25-12-2017|
|Last date for rectification of discrepancies in the admit card||05-01-2018|
|Date of Examination||20-01-2018|
|Publication of Draft Answer Key||27-01-2018|
|Last date for sending Comments about Draft Answer Key||30-01-2018|
|Declaration of Result||18-02-2018|
|Downloading of Score Card||18-02-2018|
|Application for B.Des programme||08-06-2018 – 23-06-2018|
|Seat Allotment Round 1||02-07-2018|
|Seat Allotment Round 2||09-07-2018|
|Seat Allotment Round 3||14-07-2018|
The official portal of UCEED 2018 – http://www.uceed.iitb.ac.in/index.html
Important Dates – http://www.uceed.iitb.ac.in/dates.html