TNPSC Results 2016-2017: TNPSC Departmental Exam Result
TNPSC Results 2016-2017: Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) regularly conducts the written examinations to recruit for various departmental vacancies. The TNPSC also conducts Viva Voice as part of the recruitment process. The results for various examinations conducted during the months of May and August of 2016 have been declared recently. The TNPSC Results of subordinate accounts service exam as well as the full test for second language (written exam and viva voice) have been announced on the official website. Interested candidates can check the results using the online resources at the earliest possible date. The registered numbers of successful candidates have been published in a region-wise manner. Additional details including name of candidate, designation being sought as well as the addresses of the candidates are also mentioned in the results. The registered number of unsuccessful candidates as well as that of the absentees are also provided for reference. TNPSC retains all rights regarding the results and requests from failed candidates to explain the reasons for failure are not entertained.
Name of the Company/Institute: Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission
Name of the Exam: TNPSC Departmental Examinations
Status: Released On 26th September 2016
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission:
The Madras Service Commission was started during the British rule to recruit Civil Servants. It transformed into the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission after the formation of TN state. The TNPSC upholds the Indian Constitution and the various regulations, rules, and acts while recruiting for Civil Services. The TNPSC is consulted while framing the rules and in making departmental appointments. In addition, the TNPSC conducts the written exams and plays a significant role in regularisation of temporary posts as well as in handling disciplinary cases. The eligible candidates who apply for various positions are also tested in viva voce by the Oral Test Department where applicable. TNPSC also strives for reforms in recruitment procedure and provides a Grievance Redressal Cell.
Check Here – TNPSC Recruitment 2016
How to Check the TNPSC Result:
The interested candidates who applied and appeared for the written and oral tests can check their results using the following sequence of steps –
- The official website can be opened in the latest browser using the following link – http://www.tnpsc.gov.in/index.html
- Click the tab on the right frame with the following text – ‘Dept. May’2016 Results’
- This opens the results page in a new tab/window on the browser.
- Candidates have the option of entering their registration number in a text field.
- Click the Submit button after entering the correct registration number to check the result.
- Take a print out of the results for future reference.
- Candidates should refrain from navigating out of the results page while checking the results or downloading the documents.
Cut Off Marks:
- The Cut Off marks are determined and applied at the discretion of the TNPSC.
- Candidates are separated into successful and failed categories based on the cut off marks.
- Candidates from various reservation categories who score the same number of marks as the cut off marks are eligible for the next round of selection.
- Depending upon the departmental designation and the nature of examination, TNPSC applies a ration to select suitable number of candidates for the next round of selection.
- TNPSC ensures that candidates receive all the information pertaining to cut off marks on its website.
- Candidates can check the online resources and official website for further updates regarding the cut off marks for various departmental examinations.
- The ‘Cut-off Marks’ link under the ‘Results’ tab has to be clicked to display the page containing a tabular form with links to the cut off marks.
- The appropriate link in the table can be clicked to check the cut off marks which are applicable to the candidates.
- Candidates whose registration number appears in the failed list should refrain from corresponding with TNPSC.
- Candidates are short listed for the next round of selection or given appointments after the conclusion of selection process based on the merit.
- If any preliminary examinations are conducted, the final order of merit does not take the marks obtained in this exam into consideration depending on the vacancy and officially notified terms.
- The marks obtained in the main written exams and/or oral tests are used to rank the candidates in the order of merit.
- Candidates from various reserved categories are also given the opportunity to be selected in the General category based on merit.
- Selection of candidates from SC, ST, OBC, etc., categories based on merit in the General category does not affect the reservations in any way.
- Relaxation rules are applied for different categories in the order of merit prior to making the final appointments.
- Documents of candidates who successfully make it to the merit list are verified thoroughly to ensure all the necessary eligibility criteria are met.