- 1 TNEA 2017 – Anna University Admissions for BE or B.Tech:
- 2 Overview:
TNEA 2017 – Anna University Admissions for BE or B.Tech:
Organisations Name: Anna University
Course offered: BE or B.Tech
Anna University invites applications from the interested candidates who want to pursue BE or B.Tech degrees. The eligible and interested candidates can apply by submitting the online application form. The candidates will have to appear for an exam which is in line of Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission (TNEA) Exam. The candidates who qualify will be eligible for admission & B. Tech. Degree Courses in University Departments and Constituent Colleges of Anna University. Candidates will be allocated seats in:
- B. E. & B. Tech. Degree Courses in University Departments and Constituent Colleges of Anna University
- Seats in B. E. Degree Courses in Mechanical Engineering and Civil Engineering (Tamil Medium) in University Departments and Constituent Colleges of Anna University
- B. E. & B. Tech. Degree Courses in Government, Government Aided and Seats surrendered by Self-Financing Engineering Colleges
- Government Engineering Colleges
- Aided courses in Government Aided Engineering Colleges
- Central Electro Chemical Research Institute (CECRI), Karaikudi
- Self-Supporting courses in Government Aided Engineering Colleges
- Self Financing Engineering Colleges
- Central Institute of Plastic Engineering and Technology (CIPET)
Please note the candidate needs to submit only one online application for all the courses/colleges/Institutions mentioned above.
Sandwich courses are available in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering and Production Engineering at PSG College of Technology under self-financing scheme The duration of the course is 5 Years. It comprises of practical training in the mornings and class work in the evenings
Required Qualification and Eligibility:
- The interested candidate must have passed intermediate (10+2) exam with a minimum 50% for general candidates; 45% for backward classes and backward class Muslim; and 40% for SC/SCA/ST candidates . He should have passed the exam with Physics, chemistry and Maths as compulsory subjects.. Candidates please note the marks of class XI and XII will be taken into consideration for short listing candidates at the time of seat allotment.
- Interested candidates who have passed their class VIII, XI, X, XI and XII in Tamil Nadu are eligible to apply. Candidates who have passed VIII, XI, X, XI and XII from outside the state of Tamil Nadu can also apply, but they will have to submit a copy of their nativity certificate, it should be in electronic form digitally signed e-certificate.
- Candidates whose parents are Central government employees and have been the Tamil Nadu for the past five years continuously can also apply. They will have to submit a certificate of employment from the employer of their parents.
- Sri Lankan Tamil Refugees who studied in Tamil Nadu will be considered under open competition scheme. These candidates will have to submit identification certificate, or those who have not registered in the refugee camp will have submit copy of their passport, visa and a letter registered with police station.
- Candidates please note that candidates interested in applying for Marine engineering should have passed intermediate (10+3) with Physics, Chemistry and maths along with English as compulsory subjects. They need to possess minimum of 60% marks in PCM and 50% in English in both class X and XII.. The maximum age limit of the candidate should not be more than 25 years; minimum height should be 157 cm; minimum weight 48 Kgs; and should have normal color vision. The candidate will have to produce a medical certificate obtained from the Medical Officer authorized by the Director General of Shipping stating that the candidate is medically fit to join the course.
- Selection of candidate will be made under seven categories namely OC (69%), BC (31%), BCM (26.50 % ) , MBC (3.50 % ) & DNC (20.00 %) , SC (15.00 %), SCA (3.00 % ) and ST (1.00 % ) reservation based on the rules of reservation of Government of Tamil Nadu
- Only Tamil Nadu native candidates will be considered for communal reservations. The candidates opting for communal reservation will have produce electronic form e-certificates. Candidates who fail to submit their community based certificates will be treated under the open competition category.
- Candidates opting for special reservations under sport quota; Sons / Daughters of Ex-Servicemen; Sons / Daughters of Freedom Fighters; Orthopedically Differently Abled Persons; Hearing impaired persons and Visually impaired persons; will have to fill a special reservation form along with the application form and they will also require to enclose a DD of Rs 100/- along with the application and certificate. Only Tamil Nadu natives are eligible for special reservations. A separate board will examine and verify the candidates in reference to their respective certificates.
- Selection for general candidates: selection will be based on the marks obtained in the PCM, which will be reduced to 200 (Maths=100 and P+C=100). Normalization of marks will be done as per Tamil Nadu Acts No.3 of 2007. A common merit list of the candidates will be developed on this basis.
- In case more than one candidate has the same marks in the common merit list, the inter se merit will be calculated on the basis of the percentage of marks obtained in Maths; the percentage of marks obtained in Physics; Percentage obtained in the fourth optional subject; the elder candidate will be given preference.
- The overall rank list for all the communities will be developed on the basis of the above criteria; which will be uploaded on the Anna University website, http://www.annauniv.edu/tnea2016. It will also be available in different national newspapers. Candidates will also be individually be informed about their rank through post.
- Candidates seeking admission on the basis of special reservation categories will be selected on the basis of ranking; seat availability of different community and the fact whether they satisfy the prescribed requirements.
- Candidates of the vocational steam will have to satisfy the conditions prescribed the university. The academic marks will be reduced to 200 (related subject=100 and vocational subject including theory and practical=100). Seats will be allotted according the communal reservation availability and ranking.
- The selected candidates will be called for counseling in order of their merit and community reservation. The candidates will have to opt for the branch or college that are available at the time of counseling.
- The candidates will have to make an initial deposit of Rs 1000/- (SC/St/SCA candidates) or Rs 5000/- (other candidates), by cash or through DD. They will also have to produce all the original certificates at the time of counseling. Candidates have to reach the counseling venue two hours before the time allotted to them. Candidates please note that no change in the date, time and venue will be made. If due to unforeseen conditions the candidate cannot appear for the counseling session; his parents can attend I and decision of the parents will be taken as final.
- If a candidate after being allotted a seat withdraws his candidature only 80% of the fee deposited by him at the time of counseling will be refunded. The receipt of payment should be surrendered before 31.12.16. The refund will be done only through TNEA 2017 refund processing system available online in TNEA website
- Candidates please note that choice once made is final and cannot be changed.
How to Apply:
- Candidates, who fulfill the eligibility criteria, can apply by submitting TNEA Online Application Form. Candidates will get admission in B.E or B.Tech courses based on the qualifying marks they obtain in the Tamil Nadu Engineering Admission test
- Interested candidates have to apply online by filling up the online application for. They can access it by logging into the official website of Anna University https://www.annauniv.edu/tnea2016.
- When they visit the website, on the home page they will find the TNEA 2017 link on the right side of the web page. They have to click this link. Another link Online Application will be visible. They have the proceed button and the online application form will appear.
- The candidate then has to fill all the required information on the form. The candidates are advised to double check all the entries they make on the form for errors and mistakes. Once satisfied they can click the submit button.
- The candidates are advised to take out print outs of the online application, one for keeping it with oneself for further use and reference; and the other hard copy should be put in an envelope with the photocopies of the certificates and testimonials and posted to To the Secretary, TNEA, Anna University, Chennai – 600 025 within ten days of from the publication of HSC results
- The candidates can pay the registration fee online or through DD. The DD should be drawn in favor of “The Secretary (TNEA), Anna University” payable at Chennai. Payment through any other mode will not be accepted.
- The candidates will have to submit photocopies of their class X and Xii mark sheets; community certificate, nativity certificate; and other testimonials along with the hardcopy of the application form.
- Online application forms received after the last date of submission will be considered as rejected. The TNEA authorities will in no way responsible for postal delay of the application form.
- The selected candidates will have to join the college within the allotted time notified in the provisional allotment letter they are given. Failing to do so will disqualify their candidature
- Details about the courses and facilities, information about the colleges are available in the prospectus. Other details related to fees, hostel facility, scholarship and so on can be obtained from the principal or dean of the institute.
- If the documents provided by the candidate are found to be false or bogus their candidature will be cancelled.
- The selected candidate and their parents will have to sign a joint declaration to the college at the time of admission.
- Candidates applying under the sports quota are advised to submit their application in person.
- Candidates will have to pay a tuition fees of Rs 1000/- (SC/SCA/ST) and Rs 5000/- (other categories) at the time of the counselling session. The remaining tuition fee will have to be deposited in the banks or colleges before the date specified in the provisional allotment letter. If he/she fails to do so then her candidature will automatically be cancelled.
- The selection of the course and college is the sole responsibility of the candidate. The information of the approval and intake within the various courses and colleges will be uploaded on the website of the university, http://www.annauniv.edu/tnea2016 and also in the counselling centres of Anna University.
- Candidates please note that the college, branch or course allotted once will not be changed under any circumstances.
- The last date for joining the college will not be extended under any circumstances.
- Candidate will have to quote their registration number, if they desire to send in any type of correspondence.
- Candidates please note that the Secretary, TNEA has all the reserved rights to consider or reject any application. His decision cannot be questioned and he can do it without giving a reason for it.
Application Fee/ Processing fee:
General category candidates will have to pay an application or registration fee of Rs 500 and the candidates belonging to the SC/SCA/St category will have to pay Rs 250/-. An addition fee of Rs 100/- has to be paid by the candidates opting for each special reservation.. This registration fee can be deposited online or through demand draft. The demand draft should be drawn in favor of The Secretary, TNEA, Anna University, Chennai”, payable at Chennai, it can be obtained from any nationalized bank.
Candidates please note that they need to fill in the details related to the registration fee before they click submit on the online application form.
- The last date to fill online application is within seven days from the date of declaration of HSC results
- Last date for submission of application form is within ten days from the date of declaration of HSC results.
- June 2017 (tentative): Date of examination.
- End of June (tentative): Date of results.
- July 2017 (tentative): Date of counselling for selection of courses and colleges for engineering admission.
Advertisement and Application Form Link Details:
Note: To get more information about TNEA 2017 Application Form, candidates can visit the official website http://www.annauniv.edu/tnea2017