SSC Eastern Region Recruitment 2017 – Scientific Assistant, Junior Engineer and other Junior and Senior Level posts Apply Online
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) from Eastern Region has notified for above mentioned vacancy.The hard copies of applications and testimonials have to be sent later to the concerned regional office before 5th September. The online application procedure requires registration part where scans of photo and signature have to be uploaded. The fee can be paid during the application part. The candidates are instructed to submit their current and correct email/mobile data for future communication. The SSC Eastern Region recruitment 2017 notice was released by the SSC’s Department Of Personnel and Training under the following two numbers – ADVERTISEMENT NO.ER-01/2016 and File No. 11/1/2016-Rectt
SSC Eastern Region Vacancy Details:
The vacancy information for all the available positions are tabulated below –
|Sl. No.||Post Title||Total Posts||Salary (6th CPC)||Age Limits||Essential Qualifications|
|1||Assistant Archivist (General)||1||Rs. 9300/- to Rs 34800/- + Grade Pay of Rs. 4200||18 to 30 yrs.||History Master’s Degree;
Archival Studies Diploma + Research experience of 2 yrs. in Modern History
|2||Data Processing Assistant||1||Rs. 5200/- to 20200/- + Grade Pay of Rs 2400/-||18 to 27 yrs.||Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics or Economics or Statistics or Commerce or Science;
Computer Applications Diploma/Certificate
|3||Duplicating Machine Operator||1||5200/- to Rs. 20200/-+ Grade Pay Rs. 1900/- (PB-1)||18 to 28 yrs.||Matriculation or an equivalent exam;
Certificate in Duplicating Machine operation
|4||Scientific Assistant (Mechanical)||4||Rs. 9300/- to Rs. 34800/-+ Grade Pay Rs. 4200 /- (PB-2)||18 to 30 yrs.||Mechanical Engg. Degree OR (Diploma + 2 yr. experience)|
|5||Senior Instructor (Weaving)||2||Rs. 9300/- – Rs. 34800/- + Grade Pay Rs. 4200 /- (PB-2)||18 to 30 yrs.||Textile Tech./Engg. + 2 yrs. practical instructor experience OR
3 yr. relevant Diploma + 4 yrs. experience
|6||Laboratory Assistant||1||Rs. 5200/- – Rs. 20200/- + Grade Pay Rs. 1900/- (PB-1)||18 to 25 yrs.||12th pass or Inter or senior secondary with science/agriculture + 3 yrs. lab experience|
|7||Laboratory Assistant||18||Rs. 5200/- – Rs. 20200/- + Grade Pay Rs. 2000/- (PB-1)||18 to 27 yrs.||Biology 10+ 2 or equivalent; zoological lab experience|
|8||Field Attendant (with Multi-Tasking)||19||Rs. 5200/- – Rs. 20200/- + Grade Pay Rs. 1800/-||18 to 27 yrs.||Pass in Matriculation or equivalent with Science subjects|
|9||Office Attendant (Multi-Tasking Staff)||40||Rs. 5200/- – Rs. 20200/- + Grade Pay Rs. 1800/||18 to 27 yrs.||Nil.|
|10||Occupational Therapist||1||Rs. 9300/- – Rs. 34800/- + Grade Pay Rs. 4200/- (||18 to 30 yrs.||Occupational Therapy Degree with 2 yrs. experience|
|11||Speech Therapist||1||Rs. 9300/- – Rs. 34800/- + Grade Pay Rs. 4200/- (PB-2)||18 to 30 yrs.||Audiology and Speech Language Pathology Degree + 1 yr. experience OR
12th+ Speech Therapy Diploma + 2 yr. experience
|12||Junior Engineer (Quality Assurance)||40||Rs. 9300/- – Rs. 34800/- + Grade Pay Rs. 4200/- (||18 to 30 yrs.||( BSc. Physics or Mech. Engg. Diploma ) + 1 yr. relevant experience|
|13||Junior Engineer (Quality Assurance)||14||Rs. 9300/- – Rs. 34800/- + Grade Pay Rs. 4200/||18 to 30 yrs.||( BSc. Physics or Mech. Engg./Machine Tools Diploma ) + 1 yr. relevant experience|
|14||Junior Engineer (Quality Assurance)||31||Rs. 9300/- – Rs. 34800/- + Grade Pay Rs. 4200/||18 to 30 yrs.||BSc – CS/Electronics/
Diploma in Instrument./ Mechanical/Electrical/
Electronics & Telecomm./ IT +
1 yr. relevant experience
|15||Junior Engineer (Quality Assurance)||20||Rs. 9300/- – Rs. 34800/- + Grade Pay Rs. 4200/||18 to 30 yrs.||(B.Sc. OR Metallurgy Diploma )+
1 yr. practical and relevant experience
|16||Junior Geographical Assistant||2||Rs. 5200/- – Rs. 20200/- + Grade Pay Rs. 2800/- (PB-1)||18 to 25 yrs.||Geography or Mathematics or Statistics – Honors Degree|
|17||Research Assistant||5||Rs. 9300/- – Rs. 34800/-, Grade Pay Rs. 4200/- (||18 to 30 yrs.||Geography/Geology Master’s degree; Relevant Experience is desired|
|18||Junior Chemist||5||Rs. 5200/- – Rs. 20200/-, Grade Pay Rs. 2800/-||18 to 30 yrs.||Master’s – Chemistry or Oil Technology or Dairy Chemistry OR
BSc(Hons)Chemistry + 2yrs. experience
|19||Deputy Ranger||2||Rs. 5200/- – Rs. 20200/-, Grade Pay Rs. 2400/||18 to 27 yrs.||Pass in 12th + 2 yrs. forest survey experience|
|20||Library Clerk||1||Rs. 5200/- – Rs. 20200/-, Grade Pay Rs. 1900/||18 to 25 yrs.||Bachelor’s – Library Science / Library & Information Science +
1 yr. experience
|21||Meteorological Assistant||1||Rs. 9300/- – Rs. 34800/-, Grade Pay Rs. 4200 /- (P||18 to 30 yrs.||MSc Physics OR Engg. in Mech/Electrical/
|22||Scientific Assistants -Mechanical/Civil/ Electrical/Chemical/
|62||Rs. 9300/- – Rs. 34800/-, Grade Pay Rs. 4600 /-||18 to 30 yrs.||Science Masters or
Relevant Engineering Bachelors; Experience is desired
|23||Heraldic Assistant||1||Rs. 9300/- – Rs. 34800/-, Grade Pay Rs. 4200 /- (||18 to 30 yrs.||Masters in History and/or Sanskrit + 3 yrs. research experience|
|24||Senior Research Assistant||4||Rs. 9300/- – Rs. 34800/-, Grade Pay Rs. 4200 /-||18 to 30 yrs.||Chemistry Masters Degree|
The selection process has been listed below in accordance with the officially notified terms –
- A short list of deserving applicants is prepared for written examination.
- The 1:25 ratio is applied based on the total eligible candidates.
- Computerised Based Objective Type or Multiple Choice Examination (OMR) is conducted.
- The exam syllabus includes General intelligence, Numerical Reasoning, Quantitative aptitude, English Comprehension, etc., and marks are allotted.
- Skills tests including data entry, typing, and computer operation are also held for relevant candidates.
- The final merit list is declared based on Exam performance and skill tests.
- Original certificates should be brought when demanded in order to avoid disqualification.
- SSC is the final authority on the selection procedure and recruitment process.
The examination fee for different categories of candidates has been tabulated below –
|Unreserved Category||Rs. 100/-|
|OBC Candidates||Rs. 100/-|
|SC/ST/Women/PWD/Ex servicemen Candidates||Nil|
|Online Payment Mode||SBI Net-Banking or Credit Cards or Debit Cards|
|Offline Payment Mode||SBI Challan|
How to Apply SSC Eastern Region Recruitment 2017:
The interested candidates can go through the following procedure before applying online –
- Only eligible candidates are instructed to apply using online services.
- Only one application has to be submitted for each position
- If multiple applications are sent, only the last one is accepted.
- Candidates can send applications for each category separately including separate fees for each category.
- The application procedure involves 3 steps – registration, online application form, and fee payment.
- Candidates have to register by submitting details and uploading the scans for photo and signature.
- Registered users receive ID and password.
- The ID and password can be used to login and apply.
- Candidates have to pay the fee while applying using online mode, or take a print out of challan form and pay the fee offline.
- Candidates are instructed to read the official terms, verify all the data entered correctly, and then submit the application form.
- Candidates have to take the printout of application form, sign it, and affix a photo.
- Enclose all necessary photocopies of certificates for age, caste, education, experience, etc.,
- Submit the envelope at following address within 10 days of specified last date –
The Regional Director (ER)
Staff Selection Commission
Nizam Palace, 1st MSO Building, 8th Floor
234/4, A.J.C. Bose Road,Kolkata-700020
The last date to apply for the above posts will update soon.
The link to the official website of the SSC Eastern Region located in Kolkata is at –
|SSC Eastern Region Recruitment 2017||More Details|
|Recruitment Notification||Check Here|
|Recruitment Notification(Hindi Version)||Check Here|
|Apply Online||Apply Now|
|How to Apply||Check Here|
|Frequently Asked Questions||Check Here|