How to Build Self Confidence Tips:
Confidence is the belief that success can be achieved through planning and dedication. Self confidence refers to one’s own abilities to progress in life and achieve a well-defined aim or objective. Here are few self confidence tips: Education and learning help in building an individual’s self-confidence. Schooling and acquisition of technical skills also play their part in giving boost to an individual’s self-worth and character. Self-confidence makes sense and can be understood meaningfully only in the context of formal activities. We do not need too much self-confidence while performing casual activities like lazing around, sleeping, watching TV, or talking to a friend.
In a professional context, The aspirants seeking a fruitful career have to appear for various types of evaluations, assessments, and appraisals. These include written exams, skills and technical tests, personal interviews, seminar speeches, group discussions, and viva voice. The fundamental requirement for success in these enriching activities is self-confidence. The objective or target is very clear – the candidate has to succeed with merit and impress more learned people with his or her abilities. The following guidelines can be examined to build self-confidence for achieving success in the chosen field or profession –
Education And Skills Are The Key:
Basic academic education and technical or vocational skills are a minimum requirement in today’s competitive world.
School and College Education make the aspirant ambitious and inculcate pride.
Technical skills with ITI certification, vocational courses, music, painting, weaving, carpentry, pottery, candle-making, recycling artistry, etc, not only help in providing livelihood but also help in improving dignity and standards of living.
Refinement of technical and artistic skills, Higher education and research activities, Writing, and Lecturing help in the development of inner strength, maturity, and social standing.
The desire to move from unskilled to semi-skilled professions and the striving to pursue scholarly studies have to be nurtured and channelized properly.
Positive Emotions Are The Anti-Dote:
- The aspirants have to acknowledge that life is a mixture of positive and negative experiences.
- The desire to seek a positive state of mind has to be cultivated.
- Positive mental states have to be sustained by taking care of health, happiness, psychological and spiritual growth.
- With the passage of time, pleasure has to be substituted with happiness.
- Negative traits like anger, jealousy, greed, sloth, and hatred have to be countered with joy, love, contentment, sharing, and efficient activity.
- Meditation can be taken up in case mood swings persist for long periods of time.
Motivation & Intrinsic Worth:
Competitive spirit and determination are suitable only in professional setups. The aspirant has to pursue hobbies, volunteer work, and other activities that do not have rewards or incentives.
A person who values himself or herself has to do self-assessment, nurture self-growth and evaluate accomplishments in both quantitative and qualitative terms.
External achievements are not possible unless there is joy and a genuine sense of accomplishment.
The following questions can be answered to gauge one’s own inner dimension –
- How happy are you while reading a novel?
- Can you sing, paint, write, or perform some other activity as a hobby?
- Do you listen to music for – enjoyment, peace of mind, memorization, or pleasure?
- How often do you volunteer or help someone with their studies for free?
Desire and motivation to strengthen oneself is an end in itself – this should be realized.
Confidence can also be built by following a more logical and systematic approach.
The school of logical positivism insists that mathematics and logic are one and the same thing.
Study of mathematics is helpful in taking a more logical approach towards building one’s abilities and achieving success.
A basic foundation in arithmetic, measurements, business mathematics, data representation in the form of Venn diagrams, graphs, pie charts, etc., are useful in various situations, and the ability to solve problems using these basic concepts can give a boost to one’s ego and personality.
The ability to plan, strategies, schedule, and organize should be developed over a period of time.
Effort has to be made to apply the above mentioned concepts even in real life situations.
Self-Evaluation can be done by answering questions like these –
- Can you read and use a logarithmic table?
- Have you ever prepared a list of scientific or mathematical formulae in your free time?
- Do you solve Sudoku puzzles in the daily newspapers?
- How good are you at using devices like scientific calculators, compass, computers, personal organizers, GPS, etc?
- Can you apply mensuration formulae to take measurements of furniture in your house?
- Did you download any free personal organization and scheduler software? If so, what are the names of the software and its publisher?
Ambience Is Important:
- Psychological studies have established that environment and physical surroundings play their part in the development of personality.
- Health and hygiene have to be given importance.
- The atmosphere and ambience in your room has to suit your tastes.
- Aromatic substances should be kept nearby.
- Clutter should be avoided, and spring cleaning should be taken up to ensure cleanliness.
- Instruments, appliances, furniture, and other implements have to be kept organized in their proper places.
- Ergonomic furniture and other scientifically sound modern appliances have to be used efficiently.
- The latest technologies and resources can also be put to good use to build self-confidence.
- Networking has to be done with the right kind of people.
- Too much time should not be allotted to TV, internet browsing, social networking and mobile usage.
- Drugs, hallucinogenic substances, performance enhancing steroids, and other substances should be avoided as they lead to fatigue, delirium, and a false sense of security.
- The modern world is global, information-rich, and connected across various communications media.
- The challenges posed in the above mentioned scenarios have to be understood and self-regulation has to be enforced.
- The changes and growth in environment have to be factored in and necessary adapting has to be done.
- Inspiration has to be drawn from more modern achievers like aircraft pilots, rocket scientists, mathematicians, engineers, doctors, and sportsmen.
- Modern and current literature can be read from various sources like newspapers, magazines, yearbooks, novels, text books, non-fiction books, and online publications.