Railway Vikalp Yojana 2017
The India Railway officials has recently announced good news for the passengers as the Railway Vikalp Yojana has been started under which the passengers who possess a waiting ticket during their travel will get a confirmed seat in the next train which is running in the same direction. The motto of Railway Vikalp Yojana is to support the passengers assist who are facing numerous troubles with the waitlisted status of Indian Railways. Along with it there are numerous services/facilities which are introduced to help the passengers. Currently this Yojana is executed in Express/Mail & Superfast Trains which are running across the Indian States. As an initiative now the Railway Vikalp Yojana has started with Delhi-Lucknow and Delhi-Jammu Areas as Pilot Project. This project gets started from April 1st 2017.
With the support of the Railway Vikalp Yojana the waitlisted passengers are suggested to travel with a confirmed seat in the train which is running in the similar direction provided if there is unavailability of the reserved seat in the train where the passenger is finding for their destiny. The yojana is supposed to be used by the passengers who book online tickets which are for Express and Mail trains. In this page clear idea about the Railway Vikalp Yojana details were listed on the careersplus website.
Details About Railway Vikalp Yojana:
Name of Scheme: Vikalp Scheme
Announcement: Union Budget 2016-17
Implemented By: Finance Minister of India
Supervised By: Indian Government & IRCTC
Scheme AIM: Providing Alternative Train Tickets for Waitlisted Passengers
Name of Trains: Mail Express & Superfast
Present Projects: Delhi-Lucknow and Delhi-Jammu
Recipient: Waitlisted Passengers of Indian Railways
Implementation of Railway Vikalp Yojana:
- Waitlisted Passengers proper database will be maintained through the Railway Vikalp Yojana
- Vikalp Scheme will list you to get confirmed seat in the same route in case a confirmed booking is available for the passenger who is eligible for the confirmed seat with his/her ticket.
- Then the original train database will erase the name of the passenger as he/she got reserved in the other train of same direction and route.
- Passengers who got confirmed booking on alternative trains will get a separate list.
- An updated chart of confirmed and waitlisted passengers will be generated.
- One should be cautious that in the case of a huge rush, the waitlist option of the passenger will not be cleared.
- PNR status should be checked regularly who had opted for the Vikalp Scheme so that they can get recent and regular updates.
- Its double bonanza as passengers can get reserved seats during their travel and Railway department can fill the vacant seats and get decent earnings.
- Passenger willing to book a ticket under the Railway Vikalp Yojana is supposed to get reservation within 12 hrs of the train starting from the origin.