Railway Exam Eligibility Criteria
Dear aspirants, this page will show you the Indian Railway Exam Eligibility Criteria which is required to know about the Indian railway. The people who are preparing for the exams in the next year the Indian Railway Exam Eligibility criteria have been issued. For job seekers looking job in the Indian Railway, the department offers many jobs in many cadres. RRB is a government Organization whose name is abbreviated as Railway Recruitment Control Board. Being recognized in the year 1998, it was begun in New Delhi. It looks after the recruitment of new and fresh candidates for Indian railways. Many boards form a part of the Indian railways which are located in vivid parts of the country. Indian Railways from the world’s’ largest and major Network of Railways in the world.
Check here – Latest Railway Jobs
Category of Examinations:
The Railway exam is differentiated into two cadres,
Non-technical and Technical cadres – C
The rest of the information about the age limits and the educational qualification is given below.
- For Non-Technical cadres, one who has completed SSC OR HSC can apply.
- One with ITI with a very good academic record is qualified.
- English OR Hindi typing skills should be possessed on the Computer or Typewriter.
- For Technical cadre, one who has Diploma OR Engineering degree OR is a Graduate will be allowed to fill the form.
- One who is approved by AICTE will be preferred.
For Post. No. 1, one should fall between 18-30 years of age.
For Post. No. 2, 18-32 years is the limit set.
Check here – Railway Exam Syllabus
Relaxations are exceptions made by the department if the individual belongs to any specific cadre,
|1.||Non-technical cadre||SC||ST||OBC||UR||OBC PWD||SC/ST PWD||Ex-servicemen|
|5 years||5 years||3 years||10 years||13 years||15 years||3 years|
|2.||Technical cadre||5 years||5 years||3 years||10 years||13 years||15 years||6 years|
Mode of Selections:
For conducting examinations for the posts included in the Non-technical and technical cadre one has to go through series of sub-tests,
Prelims will be conducted which be either screening of the applications and marking down the best candidates and calling them for the next rounds. Then comes the main exams whose syllabus and the pattern is available online and can be downloaded. Then, after a short period of time once when the result of the above test is out, medical exam will be conducted whereby varied tests pertaining to health will be done. These follow interviews and the arrangement of merit list online.
How to Check the Eligibility criteria:
- Above were some of the criteria given, the whole description I explained on the website of Indian Railways.
- One can visit the Indian railway site and download their copy of the criteria to match with the applications.
- Age limits in the whole detailed manner will be available online on the Indian railway website www.indianrail.gov.in
- All needed descriptions are made live and posted on the page.
- Rest detail about next steps will be notified on same page.