PTU Recruitment 2016: Professors, Assistant & Associate Professors – 49 Posts – Engineering Masters With PhDs – Apply Online Today !
The I K Gujral Punjab Technical University invites online applications from PhD Masters for various engineering faculty positions. Eligible candidates can register and apply using their scanned photograph, signature, and fee payment deposit slip. As per the PTU Recruitment 2016 notification, Candidates have to apply online and also send hard copies of applications to the registrar with all the credential proving documents. Selection is done after short listing for eligibility followed by interviews. Aspirants have to refrain from canvassing and the selection committee appoints faculty at its own discretion based on PTU requirements. Subsequent correspondence is not entertained and disputes regarding the recruitment process are subject to the jurisdiction of Kapurthala. The registrar has issued the advertisement for the above mentioned challenging openings on 18th October, 2016 under the following advertisement number – Advt./1002
The vacancy details as per the PTU Recruitment 2016 advertisement are as follows –
|Sl. No.||Post Title||Total Posts||Salary||Department – Wise Posts||Qualifications|
|1||Professor||2||Rs 37400 –
Rs 67000 + 10,000/-
|Civil – 1 ; CSE – 1||Master’s Degree as per
|2||Associate Professor||7||Rs 37400 –
Rs 67000 + 9,000/-
|Arch. – 2 ; Civil – 3
CSE – 1; Electrical – 1
|3||Assistant Professor||40||Rs 15600 –
Rs 39100 + 6,000/-
|Arch. – 5 ; Civil – 8
CSE – 10 ; Electrical – 4
Mechanical – 5
Mathematical Science – 3
Comp. Applications & Physical Science – 2 each
|Grand Total of Posts||49|
The above mentioned qualifications for the faculty positions at PTU are essential. The University norms are applied for filling up the vacancies. The following requirement can be relaxed for deserving candidates – Punjabi at Matric level.
As per the PTU Recruitment 2016 Advertisement, eligible candidates receive reservations as per the Punjab Government norms. Additional details regarding notified terms can be collected from the PTU authorities using the mobile phone or email services.
The selection procedure for the above mentioned positions is given below –
- Applications are verified in terms of qualification, experience, suitability, and University requirements to prepare the short list.
- Incomplete, falsified submissions as well as applications without fee are rejected.
- The requisite number of candidates from the short list are called for interview.
- Original documents are verified at the time of interview.
- PTU selection committee has the final say in the recruitment process.
- Candidates should refrain from corresponding with PTU on selection issues.
The pay scale and AGP for all the available vacancy are listed here as per rules –
- Professor(s) receive Pay Scale of Rs 37400 to Rs 67000 with AGP of 10,000/-
- Associate Professor(s) receive Pay Scale of Rs 37400 to Rs 67000 with AGP of 9,000/-
- Assistant Professor(s) receive Pay Scale of Rs 15600 to 39100 with AGP of 6,000/-
The application fee and/or intimation charges as per the instructions provided in the PTU Recruitment 2016 Advertisement are tabulated here –
|SC/ST/ Candidates||Rs 250/-|
|General Candidates||Rs 500/-|
|Payment Mode||Designated Bank deposit using downloadable fee slip|
How to Apply PTU Recruitment:
Aspirants can go through the following sequence of steps for online application –
- Visit the official website of the University using the provided links.
- Read all the available official instructions pertaining to job positions and application process.
- Register for an account with requisite details and a private password.
- Login after registration using the user id and password.
- Pay the application fee using the fee deposit slip provided online in your account.
- Provide fee payment details and upload the scan of fee deposit slip with bank stamp.
- ‘Click to Apply’ link can be used to completely fill and submit the application form with all the details including the job position being sought.
- Upload the scans of pass port size photo and signature in jpg format.
- Preview the application, verify all the input data for completion, and then make the final submission.
- Use Print button to print the application form for future reference.
- The hard copy applications with self-attested photocopies of relevant credentials have to be submitted on or before 18th Nov, 2016 at the following address –
IKG Punjab Technical University,
Kapurthala – PIN 144603
The interested candidates can make a note of the following important dates mentioned in the PTU Recruitment 2016 –
|Issue Date Of Official Advertisement||18th October, 2016|
|Last Date For Online Application||10th November, 2016 by 5 PM|
|Last Date For Hard Copy Submission||18th November, 2016|
The link to official website of PTU is at: http://www.ptu.ac.in/
The links to official notification and online application are at: http://www.ptu.ac.in/Jobsatptu.aspx