Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme 2017 – PMSSS 2017-18 Eligibility Norms, Scholarship Amount, Upload Documents
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme 2017: The Kendriya Sainik Board Secretariat (KSBS) offers the Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme (PMSS) for eligible students. Students can rely on scholarship to pursue professional degree courses in engineering, medicine, pharmacy, management, education, computer applications, etc., Go through the below provided eligibility criteria and apply for PM’s Scholarship Scheme before the last date of 15th Nov, 2017.
The primary objective of PMSS is to encourage wards / widows of Ex-servicemen and Ex-Indian Coast Guard personnel to pursue higher education. Our website team has collected complete details of the Scholarship scheme and published them on this page. Go through all the details including scholarship amount, application method, important dates, and documents required for online upload.
PMSS Scholarship Amount:
The PMSS scholarship is offered to the students till they complete the specific course within the stipulated time such as 1, 2, .., 5 years. The eligible candidates receive the following scholarship amounts on selection and subsequently on successful completion of annual College/ Board/ Institute or University Examinations without any omissions –
- Male students receive Rs. 2000/- on a month basis.
- Female students receive a monthly scholarship of Rs. 2250/-
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Eligibility:
The following eligibility criteria are strictly implemented while selecting suitable candidates for the PMSS 2017-
- 1st year students who have taken admission in a professional college in 2017.
- Students who finished 1st year and are in 2nd, 3rd, etc,. years are not eligible.
- Dependent wards/widows of ESM and deceased Ex Coast Guard personnel (irrespective of the rank) are also eligible, provided they died in service.
- Dependent wards of ESM or Ex Coast Guard personnel/widows (only below officer rank) are also eligible for scholarship.
Eligible Courses for PM Scholarship Scheme:
Candidates who are enrolled in the first year of Professional Degree Courses like BE, B Tech, BDS, MBBS, B Ed, BBA, BCA, MCA, B Pharm., etc. are eligible for scholarship. The colleges and institutes should be recognised by medical council, AICTE, UGC, etc., Students pursuing integrated ME / M Tech or M Pharm. courses, receive scholarship only for initial three / four years of the degree.
Account Details for Scholarship:
The following bank account details are mandatory for PMSS scholarship –
- State Bank of India or Punjab National Bank account(with “Electronic Clearance System” or Core Banking) that is linked to student’s Aadhaar Card number.
- Minor accounts have to be converted into major accounts, and minors require joint account with a parent.
- 1st page of the original passbook has to be scanned and uploaded (with clearly showing student’s name and account number).
The application forms are scrutinized for correctness and uploaded documents. The suitable candidates are picked on the basis of category of Ex Servicemen / Ex Coast Guard. The marks obtained in MEQ are also taken into consideration while selecting the deserving candidates. The merit list of selected candidates is uploaded on the official portal for verification.
Check now – Scholarships in India
How To Apply PMSS Scholarship:
- First, You have to open the official portal of KSBS at the following link – ksb.gov.in
- After that, Click the ‘PMSS’ link from the top menu bar on the home page.
- Select the tab ‘General Information’ from the drop down list.
- Go through all the details of PMSS Scholarship Scheme 2017 Notification.
- Confirm your eligibility criteria and register using Ex-Servicemen data(ESM).
- After this, You will receive a login ID and password in your email inbox.
- Login into your account and select ‘New Application’ under the ‘PMSS’ menu.
- Next, You have to click the ‘Apply Online’ option to open the application form.
- Fill in the details of the form and upload the scan of your latest passport size photo up to 1 MB in size.
- Upload the scans of necessary list of original documents for verification.
- Check the filled in details of the application form, and click ‘Submit’ button.
- Finally, Download and take a print out of the form for future reference.
Direct link for PMSSS 2017 – Apply Now
Information And Document Scans:
Registration and application forms have to be submitted online using the following information and up loadable document scans –
- Mobile Number , Email Id , Aadhaar Card Number
- Photograph of ESM / Widow / Orphan (Scan – JPEG/JPG/GIF/PNG up to 1MB)
- ESM I/Card Number
- Date Of Birth, Date Of Enrolment & Date Of Discharge.
- Date Of Death Of ESM (If applicable)
- PPO Number
- Bank Account Number (SBI/PNB)
- Details of Bank Account i.e. Bank Account Number, Branch Name, IFSC Code etc.
- Annexure-1 (ESM/ Ex-Coast Guard Certificate signed by ZSB/Coast Guard HQ)
- Annexure – 2 (Bona fide certificate with signature of Vice Chancellor / Vice Principal/ Principal/ Associate Dean/ Dean/ Dy Registrar/ Registrar/Dy Director/Director)
- Annexure – 3 (With Bank Branch Manager signature)
The following important dates are specified in the official PMSSS notification:
|Release Date Of PMSS Advertisement||2nd Week August, 2017|
|Start Date For Online Applications||15 August, 2017|
|Last Date For Online Applications||15 November, 2017|
The official site of Kendriya Sainik Board Secretariat is at the following link – http://ksb.gov.in/index.htm
The PMSS application form and official guidelines are at the following link – http://ksb.gov.in/registration.htm