How To Prepare For SBI Specialist Officer – Tips, Tricks, And Strategies For Success In Written Exam And Interview
State Bank of India(SBI) has announced for vacancy in Specialist Officer positions. Recruitment is being done for both regular positions as well as on contract basis. The eligible candidates who applied for these positions have to appear for the written examination. The syllabus for the exam has been placed online and candidates have to earn merit marks in the exam to secure a position. The preparation for the exam has to be done in earnest in one’s own individual capacity or with the assistance of coaches or trainers. Candidates have to show willingness and develop clarity on the exam syllabus, pattern, evaluation process, and preparation strategy. Candidates who are attending the SBI Specialist Officer exam has one question in their minds How to Prepare for SBI Specialist Officer exam? here we have compiled few steps to crack sbi Exam. The following guidelines are provided to assist the aspirants in securing merit marks so as to get recruited and have a rewarding career.
SBI Specialist Officer Exam Syllabus:
The syllabus for the SBI Specialist Officer exam includes the following topics –
- Quantitative Aptitude:
- Number Series, Business Mathematics, Time And Work, Probability, Permutations & Combinations, Mensuration, Data Interpretation & Graphs
- Number system, unitary method, simplification, decimal fractions, etc.,
- Logical And Non-Verbal Reasoning:
- Syllogism, Analogy, Blood Relation, Input-Output, Data Sufficiency, Coding-Decoding, Logical Venn Diagrams, Puzzle Test, Direction Sense, Alphanumeric Sequences , Eligibility Test, Linear and Circular Arrangements,
- Non-Verbal Reasoning questions are asked from – Series, Analogy, Odd figures, and Miscellaneous concepts.
- English Comprehension:
- Grammar – Active Voice, Indirect Speech, Tenses, etc.,
- Vocabulary – word formation, homonyms, synonyms, antonyms, sentence completion, etc.,
- Comprehension – conclusions, passage completion, detection of themes, etc.,
- Applications – Phrases, Idioms, figures of speech, etc.,
- Professional Knowledge (common syllabus for IT and Finance positions):
- IT – Basics, DBMS, Networking, Data Structures, Software Engineering, Programming, , Integrated circuits, digital electronics, Hacking, etc.,
- General – Finance and Banking terms, RBI and SEBI operations, Mutual Funds, Policy, Planning, Accounting, Government schemes, etc.,
SBI Specialist Officer Exam Pattern:
- The maximum number of questions which can be asked from each of the four topics is around 50.
- The question paper will have the familiar and popular multiple choice objective type pattern.
- Each question is followed by four choices with only one correct answer.
- Each correct answer is allotted 1 mark.
- Wrong answers are deducted 1/4 or 0.25 marks as part of negative marking.
How To Prepare For SBI Specialist Officer:
The preparation tips and tricks for each paper of the examination are outlined below for the benefit of the aspirants. The general suggestions are also listed to assist the aspirants in their overall preparation for both the written exam as well as the interview.
SBI Specialist Officer English Preparation –
- Revise the basic and advanced grammar rules and get familiarised with any unknown grammatical concepts in English.
- Vocabulary can be improved with flash cards, memorization, dictionary and thesaurus tools, word puzzles, exercises and practise sessions.
- Read and solve comprehension passages with the help of previous exam papers and question banks.
- General reading of magazines, books, newspapers, and internet content also helps if done regularly.
- Try and avoid spelling mistakes by making use of the latest etymological techniques for vocabulary building.
- Concentrate on homophones and homonyms to avoid errors in spelling and understanding.
SBI Specialist Officer Reasoning Preparation –
- Preparation for logic section requires solving a large number of sample questions without the help of answer keys.
- Puzzles have to be solved and internet resources can be accessed for keeping the brain sharp and alert.
- Logical reasoning paper has to be solved in a careful manner with good deal of observation and concentration.
SBI Specialist Officer Quantitative Aptitude Preparation –
- Improve clarity of thinking to avoid confusion while answering aptitude questions.
- Tricky questions are usually asked in this section and so care has to be taken to answer correctly.
- Proper understanding of questions followed by speedy calculations are the required skills.
- Solve difficult questions from question banks for more practice and improve confidence levels.
SBI Specialist Officer Professional Knowledge Preparation –
The syllabus for the professional knowledge paper depends on the academic discipline of the candidate. Agriculture, Information Technology and Computer Science, Management, Finance and Accounts, etc., are some of the subjects covered in the question paper. The subject proficiency is expected from eligible candidates and so the questioning level would reflect the academic standards at graduate and post graduate levels in the chosen subjects. All the aspirants have to revise the fundamental and difficult concepts in their specialization without any complacency. The exam has to be completed within a specified period of time and the candidates have to display mental agility and good recollection. During the preparatory stage re-reading familiar concepts and answering previous exam papers has to be done with intent. Maximum marks have to be scored in this paper as there is no room for any excuses. The familiarity with subject and the confidence level have to be reflected by correctly answering all the questions in this paper.
General Guidelines And Instructions –
- General awareness and intelligence are required to succeed in any written exam or interview.
- The mind has to be kept sharp and agile during preparation with the help of reading, writing, and problem-solving exercises.
- Recreational activities can also be taken up to assist in preparation. Puzzles, online quizzes, newspaper crosswords, etc., can be solved to improve preparedness.
- Intensive and planned study should be done only during the initial stages of preparation.
- The last few days before the examination should be allotted only to revision, solving difficult concepts, memorization of facts, etc.,
- Sufficient time should be allotted to rest, sleep, and relaxation to avoid health problems.
SBI Specialist Officer Interview Preparation Tips –
- The interviewees will be asked general, personal and technical questions in the interview.
- Communication skills with confident speech are essential to impress the interviewers.
- The technical questions have to be answered correctly without hesitation or doubt.
- Personal details and general opinions should be expressed in a believable manner.
- The aspirant has to dress formally, display courtesy, and follow protocols while appearing for the interview.