Pragati Scholarship 2017: AICTE Pragathi Saksham Scholarship For Girls
Pragati is an AICTE scheme that assists girls from low income families achieve their dream of acquiring technical education. Eligible candidates can apply online before the last date. Candidates for Pragati Scholarship 2017 are selected on the basis of merit in the qualifying exam for pursuing technical education. Selected candidates receive a scholarship money for paying their annual tuition fee. Hostel Expenses are also covered under contingency plan for eligible applicants. The AICTE Pragati Saksham scholarship amount is directly transferred to the bank account of the student. The applicants are instructed to visit the online resources regularly to check for further updates and announcement of scholarship list.
Organization Name : All India Council For Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
Scholarship Name: Pragati Scholarship For Girl Students
Total Scholarships: 4000 per year
Reservations: SC – 15%, ST – 7.5%, OBC – 27%
Scholarship Amount: Rs 30,000/- per year or Annual tuition fees + Hostel Fees
Eligibility Criteria For Pragati Scholarship 2017:
The following eligibility criteria apply for girl students seeking to receive the Pragati Scholarship 2017 –
- The student has to be a girl and only one girl in a family is eligible for this scholarship.
- The annual income of the girl’s family has to be less than Rs.6 Lakhs.
- Students who are admitted and studying for Diploma or Undergraduate Degree Level Courses or Programmes in AICTE approved institutions are only eligible.
- The scholarship is aimed at students who are admitted in the first year of their Diploma or Degree for the academic year 2016-17.
- The student should have a General Saving Account in the bank. “NO FRILL Account” is not acceptable for the AICTE authorities.
How To Apply For Pragati Scholarship 2017:
Interested students who aspire for technical education and a bright future can apply using the following sequence of steps –
- Candidates who are eligible should apply using only the online mode.
- Other modes of application are not available or acceptable.
- Candidates have to apply before the last date to be considered for selection.
- The latest browser from Chrome, Firefox, or IE can be used for online registration.
- Open the official website using the following link -http://www.aicte-india.org/pragathiSaksham.php
- Go through the official notification, instructions and frequently asked questions.
- Click the following link for the annexure formats for income, study, and parent’s declaration – “Instructions for filling Online Application & Important Formats”
- All the necessary prescribed formats have to be downloaded and the filled in forms and documents have to be scanned.
- Candidates have to get the regional language documents translated into English and get them authenticated by Director or Principal of their institute.
- Click the following link to open the registration or login page -“Online Application for Pragati/Saksham Scholarship 2015-16”
- Login using the registered user id and password and click the ‘Sign In’ button.
- Provide all the information correctly and completely for the details including the following – personal, family, income, institute, education, bank account.
- The required scanned documents should be in the prescribed formats as per the respective annexure.
- Verify the application for correctness and completion.
- Submit it and logout if no further changes are required.
- Candidates are allowed to make modification only once by logging back in and clicking the ‘Reopen Application’ button.
- The applicants have to revisit the online resources and official website for further information and future updates.
Required Documents for Pragati Scholarship:
- SSC or 10th Standard marks sheet.
- HSC or 12th Standard marks sheet.
- Annual Family Income Certificate issued by the Competent Authority of the State Government and in the prescribed State Government format.
- Admission letter to first year Degree or Diploma courses issued by the Centralized Admission Authority for the academic year 2016-17.
- Tuition fee payment receipt for the academic year 2016-17 with the clearly indicated words “Tuition Fee”.
- Scanned Copy of the first page of Bank Pass Book. Only Saving Bank Account in the candidate’s name is acceptable. The following have to be clearly indicated – Name of Account holder i.e. candidate with Photograph, Name and Address of the Bank, IFSC Code of the Bank, and Saving Bank Account Number of the candidate.
- Certificate Issued by the Director or Principal or HOD.
- Physically Disabled Candidates have to submit certificate as per the State Government Format only if they are having more than 40% disability.
- Declaration by Parents.
- Aadhaar Card (Only If Available).
- Candidate’s Photograph.
- Candidate’s Signature.
Important Dates For Pragati Scholarship 2017:
The following important dates have been tabulated as per the Pragati Scholarship 2017 notification –
|Date Of Official Notification||October, 2016|
|Starting Date For Online Application||October, 2016|
|Last Date For Online Application||December First Week, 2016|
|Provisional Lists And Objections||December Second Week, 2016|
|Final List Announcement Date||After December 20, 2016|
|Scholarship Release Date||January 20, 2017|