PPSC Syllabus 2017 – Download New Prelims/Main Exam Syllabus, Exam Pattern Online PDF
Organization Name: Punjab Public Service Commission
Qualification Into: Punjab State Government Jobs
Category: Exam Pattern And Syllabus
Official Websites: www.ppsc.gov.in
Preliminary/Main PPSC Examinations For Government Employment:
The Punjab Public Service Commission conducts competitive examinations for recruiting suitable candidates to vacant positions in various government departments. The written exams are conducted in two phases including the preliminary exam and the mains. The aspirants who qualify in these exams have to attend a personal interview for getting selected to the desired job position. PPSC applies official rules and regulations to recruit suitable aspirants strictly on the basis of merit and specified reservation categories. The preliminary exam is for screening purposes while the main exam will have optional technical subject or discipline to gauge the candidate’s academic qualifications and experience.
Examination Pattern Of PPSC Preliminary And Main Exams:
The preliminary exam will have two papers for 200 marks each. Paper 1 tests general knowledge with importance given to Punjab specific facts. The second paper queries the candidates in quantitative aptitude, numerical reasoning, English comprehension, and Data Interpretation. The qualifiers in the preliminary exam have to appear for the main exam which will have 9 papers in total. The first 5 papers cover general studies and language skills including English and Punjabi. Papers VI to IX cover the 2 optional subjects chosen by the candidate during the application process. The following tabulation specifies the marks allotment for each paper of the two examinations –
|Sl. No.||Exam Name||Paper Number – Subjects||Total Marks|
|1||Preliminary||Paper 1 -General Studies||200|
|Paper 2 – Civil Services Aptitude Test (CSAT)||200|
|2||Main||Paper I – English||100|
|Paper II – Essay||100|
|Paper III – Panjabi||100|
|Paper IV & V – General Studies||100|
|Papers VI to IX – Optional||100|
How To Download Official Notification And Syllabus:
The official notification and the new syllabus for the competitive examinations can be downloaded using the following guidelines –
- The official website can be accessed at the following link in a browser – http://ppsc.gov.in/index.aspx
- Scroll down to the “Announcement” section and click the appropriate link for the advertisement based on the desired job designation.
- The syllabus link under the “Other Information” section of the specific advertisement can be clicked to view the new syllabus specific to that job designation.
- The syllabus can be downloaded and printed for future reference.
PPSC Syllabus Of Prelim/Main Written Examinations:
The PPSC preliminary and main exams are both qualifying in nature, and all the candidates have to appear for these exams as part of the selection procedure. The new syllabus for both the preliminary and main examinations of PPSC are listed below in accordance with the latest official instructions –
Syllabus For PPSC Preliminary Examination – Paper I and Paper II :
Paper I – General Studies (Mandatory) –
- Indian News Agencies and Dailies.
- World Geography – Continents and Sub Continents.
- National and International Days.
- The Indian Constitution.
- Inventions and Discoveries.
- Books and Authors.
- Principal Languages and Religious Communities of India.
- International Organizations.
- Plants and Animal World.
- Punjab – Specific: Geography, History, Economy, People, Culture, and Society.
Paper II – Civil Services Aptitude Test :
- English And Punjabi Comprehension – Reading, synonyms, grammar, antonyms, and sentence formation
- Skills – Interpersonal, communication, social, etc.,
- Aptitude – Logical reasoning skills, mental and analytical ability
- Basic Numerical Aptitude – numbers, magnitudes, percentages, numerical relation appreciation
- Data Interpretation – Graphic presentations, charts, data analysis, tables, and spreadsheets
Syllabus For PPSC Main Examination – Papers I to IX:
Paper I – English:
- Letter and Precis Writing
- Sentence Correction
- Synonyms & Antonyms
- Translation of sentences from Punjabi to English
- Active & Passive Voice
- Direct & Indirect Speech
- Usage of Conjunctions
- Sentence Completion Or Fill In The Blank Spaces
Paper II – Essay:
Essay syllabus includes static GK, current domestic issues, international affairs, philosophy, art, Global Warming, Politics, Globalization, Digital Divide, Modern India, Developmental Challenges, Geo-political problems, etc.,
Paper III – Panjabi:
- Usage of Words
- Sentence translation from English to Punjabi
- Sentence Correction
Papers IV – General Studies I:
- Culture Of India
- Modern Indian History
- Indian Geography
- Social Issues
- Indian Polity
- Constitution Of India
- National And International Current Events
- Punjab People and Economy
- Social, Economic And Cultural Understanding Of Punjab
Papers V – General Studies II:
- India’s relations with the world
- Indian Economy
- Indian Economy in the global context
- IT & Space Developments
- Science and Technology
- International Affairs and Institutions
- Statistical Analysis, Diagrams and Graphs
Papers VI to IX – Optional Subjects:
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science
- Anthropological Studies
- Botanical Science
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce & Accountancy.
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Science
- Political Science & International Relations
- Public Administration
- Zoology and
- Literature of one of the languages – Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu, Sanskrit, English.