POWERGRID Recruitment Through GATE 2017 – Executive Trainees – Engineering Graduates Can Apply – POWERGRID Jobs 2017 – www.powergridindia.com
Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd.(POWERGRID) invites online registration from Engineering graduates and final year students. GATE 2017 qualification is mandatory and the application number and registration number are required to apply online. As per the POWERGRID Recruitment Through GATE 2017 Notification, Candidates with first class i.e. 65% marks or equivalent grade are invited to apply between January and February of 2017. Final year students have to submit their results at the time of interview, provided they are short listed. Short listing and empanelment is done based on GATE marks, reservation and relaxation rules, Group Discussion , and personal interviews. Selected candidates are on training for a period of 1 year followed by absorption with the designation of Engineer. Candidates are instructed to register first and retain their login id and password for future correspondence.
The vacancy details for the Executive Trainee positions are listed in the following table –
|Sl.No||Engineering Discipline||Valid Full Term Degree||Age Limit||Pay Scale||Eligibility|
|1||Civil||Civil||28 yrs. as of December 31
Relaxation rules apply
|Rs. 24900 to
Training – 8.15 lacs
Post-training – 14.44 lacs
|65% aggregate marks in Degree;
Pass marks for SC, ST, PWD candidates;
GATE 2017 marks in corresponding paper.
|2||Electrical||Electrical (Power) or
Electrical & Electronics or Power Systems or Electrical Power Engineering
|3||Electronics and Communications
|Electronics or ECE or Electronics & Telecommunications|
|4||Computer Science||CS , Computer Engineering, Information Technology|
The above mentioned educational qualifications are minimum for eligibility . Additional details are provided here:
- Equivalent degree from professional societies like AMIE is also acceptable provided all the sections are cleared by March.
- Degree has to be from a Government recognized University or Institution.
- Departmental candidates have no upper age limit and require only 50% marks in educational qualification.
Check Here – PSU Recruitment Through GATE 2017
The upper age limits are provided in the above table as per POWERGRID Recruitment Through GATE 2017 advertisement. Relaxation rules in upper age limit for different categories are as follows –
- OBC non-creamy layer candidates get 3 years.
- Candidates with SC/ST reservation receive 5 years.
- People with disabilities -PWD – get 10 years.
- Candidates with J&K domicile status get relaxation as per Government directives.
According to the POWERGRID Recruitment Through GATE 2017 notification, the following selection process is adopted –
- Candidates are shortlisted based on normalized marks (out of 100) of GATE 2017 in corresponding Engineering trade paper.
- 85% of total weightage is given to GATE marks.
- Group Discussion is held and it has 3% weight age without qualifying marks.
- Personal interview is qualifying in nature with 12% weight age.
- Unreserved and reserved candidates require 40% and 30% marks respectively in Personal Interview to qualify.
- Empanelment is done based on the qualifying order of merit and requirements of POWERGRID.
The salary details for Executive Trainee is mentioned in the above table. Additional information is provided below –
- The annual CTC varies depending on location of posting.
- Other allowances and benefits are as per cafeteria approach and organizational policy.
There is no application processing fee as per the POWERGRID Recruitment Through GATE 2017 Notification.
How to Apply:
Candidates with interest to join as Executive Trainees can follow these steps before applying –
- Qualified candidates are invited to apply using the online mode.
- The GATE registration number and application number are required for submitting the online application.
- The registration portal remains open from January to February next year.
- Candidates can open the following link for official website in a browser – www.powergridindia.com
- Click the following links -Home -> Careers -> Job Opportunities -> (appropriate vacancy ) -> Click here to Login
- The official terms can be studied thoroughly before applying.
- Candidate can submit online application after logging in.
- Login requires registered id and password.
- New users can register at POWERGRID afresh before applying online.
- Enter all the required details correctly, double check and then submit the application.
- Take a print out of the application form for later use.
According to the POWERGRID Recruitment Through GATE 2017 Notification, The following tabulated dates are noteworthy –
|Date For Online Submission Of Application||January, 2017|
|Closing Of Online Submission Of Application||February, 2017|
The link to the official website of POWERGRID is at : http://www.powergridindia.com/
The links to the detailed advertisement and the application process are at: http://www.powergridindia.com/_layouts/PowerGrid/User/ContentPage.aspx?PId=166&LangID=english