Post-Matric Scholarships Scheme For Minorities 2017-18
Getting a good study opportunity is no less than a boon. There are instances when students fail to get the right kind of education due to several reasons. Keeping this in mind, the Government of India has released a Post-Matric Scholarships Scheme for Minorities 2017-18 and invites applications from students of class 11th and 12th. With this scheme the government focuses on providing opportunities of higher education to students from minority communities which includes Christians, Muslims, Buddhists, Sikhs, Jains and Parsis/ Zoroastrians to enhance their chances. You can learn all the important details about the scholarship scheme from this website. Go through the information given below that includes the eligibility criteria required, method of application, particulars of scholarship, FAQs, important dates and other important details. Make sure you go through all the points carefully and understand the scholarship scheme thoroughly to avail the benefits.
Post-Matric Scholarships Scheme Eligibility Criteria:
- The student applying for the Post matric scholarship must belong to a minority community (Sikhs, Muslims, Christians, Jains, Buddhists and Parsi/Zoroastrians)
- Students of class 11th, 12th, graduate, post graduate, technical or vocational courses, Ph.D or M.Phil can avail benefits from this post matric scholarship scheme.
- The family income of the student in a year should not be more than INR 2 lac from all the sources.
- Students must have secured at least 50% marks or equivalent in the previous exam
- The scholarship can be availed for maximum two children of the same family
Check Now – Best Scholarships in India
How to Apply Post Matric Scholarship Scheme:
In order to apply for the application online, you can follow the steps mentioned below. These steps are extremely simple and can help you in finding the form from the official website. Read everything carefully before diverting to the official web portal.
- The very first thing that students need to do is to log on to their official website.
- After the homepage appears on your computer screen, you need to register for accessing the website. So click on “New User? Register” link.
- Go at the bottom of the page and click on the tab that says “Continue”
- Go through the form and fill all the details carefully to register with the web portal.
- An application ID and password will be generated and an OTP will be sent on to the registered mobile number that you will provide while filling up the application form.
- Enter the OTP number and confirm.
- You will find that the application form is displayed on your screen. Start filling the details requested for.
- Recheck all the information and avoid making errors before clicking on “Final Submit” to submit the application form.
Apply Now – Pre-Matric Scholarships Scheme
- After qualifying for the scholarship, the fees will get transferred directly to the student’s’ bank account
- This scholarship is for completion of the course; however, it is applicable for 10 months in a year only.
- The scholarship is provided only for the standard time taken to complete Degree/ Certificate/M. Phil Degree/Doctorate Degree
- Nearly, 30% of the scholarship is reserved for girl candidates; however, it can be subject to change
Particulars of Post-matric Scholarships Scheme:
|Serial No.||Particulars||Hosteler||Day Scholar|
|1||Tuition fee and Admission, courses: Technical and vocational courses (equivalent to class 11-12)||INR 10000 (maximum)||INR 10000 (maximum)|
|2||Maintenance allowance||INR 380-1200 pm||INR 230-550 pm|
|3||Tuition fee and Admission fee: Class 11-12||INR 7000 pa (maximum)||INR 7000 pa (maximum)|
|4||Admission and tuition fee: post-graduation and graduation level||INR 3000 pa (maximum)||INR 3000 pa (maximum)|
Documents Required for Post matric Scholarship :
The following documents are to be uploaded:
- Institution Verification Form. (Mandatory).
- Student Photo. (Mandatory).
- Self-declaration of Income Certificate by the student. (Mandatory).
- Self-Attested Certificate of ‘Previous Academic Mark sheet’ as filled in Form. (Mandatory).
- Domicile/Residential Certificate. (Mandatory).
- Self-declaration of the community by the student. (Mandatory).
- Proof of Bank Account in the name of the student. (Mandatory).
- Fee Receipt of current course year. (Mandatory).
- Aadhaar Card (optional).
Candidates who are looking forward to get financial aid for completion of their higher education can now avail benefits from post matric scholarship scheme. This is a golden opportunity to pursue your dream career and achieve your goals in life. So visit the official website mentioned below and go through all the notifications and details available about the scholarship. However, make sure you keep the documents ready well in advance to avoid hassles later. Get online and fill the application form right away. As there are hundreds of contenders available to grab this opportunity. Check the last date mentioned below and ensure that your form gets submitted on or before the due date. You can also check the website and learn about other opportunities that may help in future. This scholarship scheme is intended to help the students from minority quotas who fail to acquire a position for education.
Official Link – https://scholarships.gov.in/