Patna High Court Recruitment 2017 Notification – Apply Online Only ! – Entry Level District Judge, Permanent Temporary Positions
The Patna High Court has officially released a Patna High Court recruitment 2017 notification inviting online applications from practicing advocates. The above mentioned District Judge vacancy is at entry level and there are 98 positions to be filled on either temporary or permanent basis as per the Court’s requirements. The qualified candidates have to ensure eligibility in terms of work experience and age requirements, and only then submit online applications and pay the fees well before the due date. The details pertaining to official terms, job designation, vacancy particulars, salary and fee structure, application and selection processes, important and notable dates, and official website links are provided below. The Registrar General has issued the advertisement by the order of the court on 22nd August of 2017 under the following number : Advertisement No. BSJS/1/2017.
The details for vacancy at Patna High Court are tabulated below –
- Entry-level District Judge vacancy – 98 posts
The following additional academic and work qualifications are specified as necessary for appointments after qualifying in written exams –
- The Candidates should be able to submit photocopies of certificates and documents that are duly attested by relevant authorities at the Law Associations, Bar Council, District & Sessions Judge, Tax Tribunal, etc., as appropriate.
- Legal practice of 7 years from the date of receipt of application.
- Appearance in a minimum of 24 cases in the last 3 yrs. excluding 2017-17.
- Declaration of net income from profession in last 3 financial years.
The eligibility criteria in terms of age limits are mentioned here –
- The candidates should be 35 years or older.
- Candidates who are 50 years or older as of 1st January, 2017 are disqualified.
- The cut-off date for applicant’s eligibility consideration is 16th September, 2017
The selection procedure steps are listed below as per official guidelines and principles –
- A screening test shall be held by the High Court and marks are allotted to select eligible candidates for written test.
- The subjects tested include Law, GK, English, and Computer Knowledge.
- The screening test paper is for 300 marks = 100 questions X 3 marks.
- These marks are discarded after short listing candidates.
- The short listed candidates will be called for written test which will have minimum qualifying marks at the High Court’s discretion.
- The number of written test papers are decided by High Court.
- The following subjects will be covered in the question papers -Constitution, Civil and Criminal Codes and Acts.
- Minimum 45% marks are needed in each paper for interview call.
- Viva voice is held for qualifying candidates.
- Theory and Viva Voice have 80% and 20% weight age respectively.
- Candidates who secure aggregate of 50% marks will qualify for appointment.
- Appointment is made by relevant authorities after checking certificates that prove required qualifications including age, education, work experience, income tax returns, etc.,
- Appointment includes 1 year of probation.
The salary particulars for the above mentioned vacancy are given below –
- The Pay Scale has been mentioned as Rs. 51550-1230-58930-1380-63070
- The candidates are informed that this is as per the terms and conditions mentioned in the High Court Of Judicature At Patna 2017 notification.
Application Fee :
The High Court Of Judicature At Patna 2017 notification provides following fee payment details –
- The mandatory fee amount is Rs 1000/-
- The payment has to be done online only by following the appropriate link while applying.
- The fee once paid cannot be returned.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply according to the steps listed here –
- The official website has to be opened in the browser using this link – http://patnahighcourt.bih.nic.in/
- Scroll down a little and click on Recruitment link.
- On the newly opened page click the ‘View’ link with following subject title-
‘Online Application For The Post Of District Judge(Entry Level), Direct from Bar – 2017’
- On the newly opened page you can check official advertisement before clicking the following link – ‘Apply For The Post Of District Judge (Entry Level), Direct From Bar – 2017’
- Candidates have to enter personal, contact, bar council, and educational qualification details.
- The details should be correct and the candidates can verify them before submitting the application form.
- A registration number is generated for logging in later.
- The fee has to be paid and the bank reference number must be retained.
- Only after 24 hours of fee payment the following scans have to be uploaded by logging in again using registration number and date of birth details –
Photograph, Signature in Black Ink, and the following declaration also in Black Ink –
“I, do hereby declare that all the particulars given herein above are true and correct in all respects and if any part of it is found incorrect, this application shall be liable to be rejected summarily.”
- Keep printout of filled-in application form after downloading it for future reference.
The following notable dates are specified by High Court Of Judicature At Patna 2017 notification-
|Date Of Official Notification Publication||22nd August, 2017|
|Opening Date For Online Registration||22nd August, 2017|
|Closing Date For Online Registration||16th September, 2017 by 11.59 PM|
|Last Date For Uploading Scans||23rd September, 2017 by 11.59 PM|
|Cut-off Date For Eligibility Consideration||16th September, 2017|
The link for official website of Patna High Court is at – http://patnahighcourt.bih.nic.in/
The link for the official notification can be downloaded at : Download Notification
- Applications submitted without payment of fees are rejected.
- Candidates who submit falsified information or documents are liable for prosecution.
- Admit Cards are not sent by post, but must be downloaded from official website.
- Chief Justice has the right to modify selection and recruitment procedure.
- The High Court has the right to offer relaxation in specified terms and conditions.