ONGC Scholarship 2016-2017: Eligibility, List of Documents, Dates
The Notification for ONGC Scholarship 2017 has been recently published on its official website. The Oil and Natural Gas Corporation invites candidates pursuing Engineering or MBBS or other courses and those selected will be provided with scholarship on monthly basis. The following ONGC Scholarship advertisement posted delivers detailed information on the Scholarship, eligibility criteria, how to apply, age limit, etc. The candidates who are in Below Poverty Line are benefitted with this ONGC Scholarship on monthly basis where the amount will be provided for full course of degree. The total number of scholarships to be awarded is 1000. The official website of ONGC Scholarship is www.ongcindia.com. The last date of submission of application is 10th October 2016.
Discipline-wise bifurcation of Scholarships:
|Discipline||Number of Scholarships|
|Masters in Geophysics / Geology||135|
Following is the Zone-wise distribution of Scholarships:
|Zones||States and Union Territory||Number of Scholarships|
|Zone – 1 ( North )||U.P., H.P., J&K., Punjab, Delhi, Haryana, Uttarakhand, Chandigarh||100|
|Zone – 2 (West)||Goa, M.P., Rajasthan, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu.||100|
|Zone – 1 (North-East)||Tripura, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Manipur, Assam, Sikkim||100|
|Zone – 1 (East )||Bihar, West Bengal Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Jharkhand||100|
|Zone – 1 (South)||Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Puducherry, Lakshadweep, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana||100|
As per the ONGC Scholarship notification, out of the total above given scholarships, 50% scholarships are reserved for girls.
ONGC Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- The ONGC Scholarships are awarded to students residing in India.
- The candidates must belong to OBC, Generate category in the economically backward section pursuing 1st year Graduation in MBBS or Engineering or 1st year Post Graduation in Geophysics or MBA or Geology.
- The candidates currently pursuing MBBS/Engineering/Masters in Geophysics/Geology/Business Administration are eligible.
- The applicants must have scored at least 60% or equivalent grade in 12th Class.
- The Gross income of the family combining from all sources must not be more than 37,500/- Per Month that is 4.50 Lakhs Per annum.
The age limit for ONGC Scholarship is maximum 30 years as on 01st September 2016.
The students applying for this scholarship will get 4,000/- Per Month as scholarship amount totalling for 48,000/- Per Annum.
The Selection for the ONGC Scholarship depends on the merit of the student qualifying examination for its previous courses. The applicants must be in Below Poverty Line (BPL). The candidates above BPL will be considered only after scholarships are disbursed in the BPL section.
How to Apply for ONGC Scholarships:
The aspirants gearing up to get the ONGC Scholarship are required to submit the online application form for which the instructions are given below –
- The official portal of ONGC Scholarship is www.ongcindia.com.
- The applicants must click on the link ONGC Scholarships on the website to gain information on the instructions, procedures, eligibility criteria, etc.
- The aspirants are required to fill the online application form where the organization prompts the applicants to enter all the details to best of the knowledge.
- The applicants will have to ensure that they don’t produce false information as that may lead to the application getting rejected.
Online mode ( if available )
- The applicants must upload scanned images of specimen of signature and passport sized photo on the online application form.
- The last step is to click on Submit button for submission of application form
Offline Mode –
- In offline mode, fill the application form just as similar to that of online however, the information should be feeded manually on the hard copy of application form.
- The aspirants can take the hard copy of the duly submitted application form and attach the required documents for which the list is provided below.
- The candidates must enclose all the documents along with application form and mention the subject as superscript on top of the envelope as “Name of Post Applied For …..” and then send it through post at given address.
Postal Address –
Post Box No-2091,
Tamil Nadu (India)
- Mark sheet and certificates of qualifying exams
- PAN Card
- BPL Certificate
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate
- CGPA to Percentage conversion certificate issued by College/University/Institute.
- ECS mandate form certified by Bank with photocopy of bank pass book and a cancelled cheque.
|Commencing of application form submission||01st September 2016|
|Last date for submission of application form||10th October 2016|
|Final date for submission of form by post||31st October 2016|
The official website of ONGC Scholarship is www.ongcindia.com
The official Advertisement for ONGC Scholarship is available at http://www.ongcindia.com/wps/wcm/connect/050798df-5f13-4bad-b230-bbc0cc5d2d1a/advtscst2015.pdf?MOD=AJPERES&CACHEID=050798df-5f13-4bad-b230-bbc0cc5d2d1a