Offline Counselling Procedure:
Offline Counselling Procedure: Counselling is the process of providing professional assistance to students and job recruits. The authorised personnel counsel the students regarding their choice of subjects and university/college. Job recruits are counselled in order to help them choose a job designation or a location for posting. The group of recruiters or a trained professional provides necessary guidance in full confidence taking the privacy of the candidate into consideration.
Counselling is usually done after verification of relevant original documents. The mode of counselling may be online or offline depending on the requirements of Universities/Service Boards/Private Organizations. Online procedures usually require the interested candidates to register first and retain the login details for a subsequent date on which counselling will be held. Offline procedure is the more prevalent option and the following general guidelines and instructions can be comprehensively studied for developing a better understanding and to secure a seat or employment.
- The results of the written exams are used to prepare the merit lists, and rank cards are issued to qualified candidates.
- The schedule for the counselling is drawn by the concerned authorities.
- The date and venue are fixed at the convenience of University/Selection Board.
- These details are made public through official notifications and advertisements.
- The details may also be placed on official websites or employment/academic websites.
- The call letters for certificate verification and counselling are issued by post, or they are placed online.
Preparation To Be Done By Candidate:
- Once the schedule is released, The candidate has to prepare himself or herself for counselling.
- The relevant documents for submission and verification have to be kept ready.
- All the necessary certificates from recognised bodies should be placed in an order in the file.
- Certificates should be original and prove – personal identity, date of birth, residential address, academic qualifications starting with school, work experience, caste and other reservations, etc.,
- The candidate has to dress formally and may carry the file in a carry bag.
- Rank card/call letter should also be brought to the venue for admission.
Order Of Calling:
- Only eligible candidates with necessary authentication are allowed.
- The candidate may or may not be allowed to bring an associate.
- If the candidate absents himself or herself from appearance, this may lead to forfeiture.
- If rules permit, an authorized individual may take the place of the candidate. He or she may have to bring a fixed format authenticating identity.
- The candidates and/or associate will be called in the ranking order of merit.
- If candidates are involved in a tie-break , prioritization is done on the basis of academic merit, reservation category, seniority, etc., as per the rules.
Certificate Verification Process:
- The rank card has to be displayed if it is part of procedure before taking the allotted seat.
- Depending on the nature of counselling, the candidates may be subjected to document verification and counselling simultaneously.
- The candidate should not display excessive enthusiasm or eagerness.
- He or she has to show patience and wait for the counselling team to issue orders before submitting the necessary documents for verification.
- The documents should be handed over in a courteous manner while making eye contact and with a smile on the face.
- The candidate has to respond to any queries asked at that time in an appropriate and audible manner.
- The candidate should refrain from speaking out of turn or making unnecessary comments.
- A professional and formal attitude, behaviour, and body language has to be displayed for the duration of the session.
Counselling Session To Exercise Options:
- The invited candidate will be asked to exercise the option.
- For college admissions, this includes choosing a particular trade/branch/subject at a particular college.
- The student is given the option based on the total remaining seats after deducting for reservations.
- The students may be shown a chart or list of options available to them at that time.
- For recruitments, the candidate has to specify the location of posting or agree to the suggested one.
- The candidates option may be endorsed or the counsellors may have a small discussion to gauge the candidates profile.
- The candidate may be asked to speak extempore or he/she may be asked specific and pointed questions regarding career choice, reason for selecting an option, and other personal or professional questions.
- The candidate has to answer all the questions with confidence and in clear terms.
- Any clarifications should be sought by the candidate, if the rules permit.
- He has to seek clarification by requesting to speak and then asking the relevant question in a directed manner without any hesitation.
- If negotiations are permitted, the candidate has to show preparedness and conviction to convince the counsellors of the correctness of his choice in terms of academic discipline/location/designation/etc.,
- Employees are informed about the terms of contract, official protocols, follow up procedure, and other formal matters before confirming their willingness to get recruited.
- Employees may also receive an on-the-spot appointment order or they may be sent an email or letter at a later date with further updates.
Seat Locking/ Extra-Rounds:
- The seat/position is locked immediately or an option for modifying the choice is provided.
- The Additional rounds of counselling to fill vacant seats may be held later on specified dates at the same venue or at a different one at the discretion of the authorities.
- Additional rounds are also held to make adjustments, swapping, reallocating seats reserved for women to men, reserved positions to unreserved candidates, etc., depending on the permissible rules and requirements.
- The final locked list is published online at the official website or made public through the release of press statements.
- The universities and offices may also place these lists on their notice boards.
- The candidates have to regularly keep in touch with relevant authorities for any future updates or modifications.
- Students who are allotted the choice of college, seat, and academic discipline have to fulfil fee payment commitments on time.
- Employees who are selected for posting are usually asked to sign a contract agreement with or without the payment of security deposit/ bond/etc.,
- The final step for the candidates involves reporting at college or formally joining the workplace to complete all the formalities before attending classes or starting work respectively.