Odisha PSC Asst Director Previous Papers – Examination Pattern, Model Papers – PDF Solved Question Papers
The Odisha PSC Asst Director Previous Papers are provided online and can be downloaded free of cost. The aspirants who are preparing for the written test can start their preparation after downloading all the necessary documents such as syllabus, model papers, old question papers, solved previous papers, exam pattern, etc., Those who do not have access to printers can bookmark the relevant pages in their browser for later referral. As per the Odisha PSC advisory, All aspirants have to come prepared for the written exam only on the specified dates.
Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) has notified for Assistant Directors for Planning and Convergence Department. The aspirants have been advised by the Commission to submit online applications before 2nd December and pay the requisite fee before 5th December. Those who applied early can start preparation for the written examination as per the prescribed syllabus. The online resources can be accessed to refer and download study material such as old model papers, solved previous year papers, exam scheme, and detailed list of subjects for study.
Odisha PSC Asst Director Model Papers:
Organization: Odisha Public Service Commission
Name of Posts: Assistant Director
Job Category: State Government Job
Exam Centres: Cuttack, Balasore, Bhubaneswar, Berhampur, Sambalpur
Official Website: http://www.opsconline.gov.in/
Odisha PSC Asst Director Examination Pattern:
- The written exam is for 500 marks while the personality test/interview is for 50 marks.
- Multiple choice objective type questions have to be correctly answered in the test.
- The test is divided into two parts with 3 compulsory papers and 1 optional paper.
- English, GK, Aptitude and Reasoning are tested in the 3 compulsory papers.
- The optional paper is to evaluate the professional knowledge of aspirants.
- The following tabulated data can be perused for complete details –
|Sl.No.||Paper Name||Subjects||Total Marks||Duration|
|1||Compulsory||General English||100||2 hours|
|General Knowledge / General Studies||150||3 hours|
|2||Optional (Only 1)||Economics/Applied or Agricultural Economics /Commerce / Math/ Sociology/ Anthropology/Statistics/
Regional Planning/Geography/ Econometrics/Demography
Syllabus For Odisha PSC Asst Director Position:
The official syllabus for the written test part of the competitive examination can be downloaded at the official website. The official notification provides an annexure with comprehensive details pertaining to the complete syllabus, exam scheme, covered subjects, marks allotment, and standard of questioning. The syllabus can be downloaded and printed for reference during the preparation. The aspirants can gather their study material in accordance with the syllabus. The model papers and previous year question banks can also be downloaded and printed. The syllabus can be cross-referenced to focus on specific topics within the question papers while practising for the test.
Odisha PSC Asst Director Old Question Papers:
The OPSC has informed the applicants that the exam paper will be of degree and post-graduate standard. Degree level questions are posed in the 3 compulsory papers while the professional knowledge paper with chosen optional subject will have PG standard questioning pattern. The following instructions and guidelines are useful during the preparation for written examination and interview –
Written Examination Guidelines:
- Candidates who are confident of their proficiency in Economics and optional subject can do a quick revision of these subjects.
- Some old model papers can be downloaded and solved for self-assessment.
- Topics in which the aspirant failed to find correct answers can be noted down for more comprehensive revision.
- Sufficient time has to be allotted to this revision exercise with regular mock tests using online or offline resources.
- English paper provides good opportunity to score maximum marks.
- Etymological approach can help in improving vocabulary.
- Grammar improvement can be achieved with the help of reading exercises and solving previous year papers.
- Old model papers have to be solved without the aid of dictionary, thesaurus, or technological tools.
- An incremental approach has to be followed for English improvement.
- High School to college level study material and exercises have to be finished during the first stage.
- Subsequently GRE/TOEFL etc., standard study material can be solved for greater proficiency and improved vocabulary.
- General Knowledge subjects have to be studied during the last week or few days before the exam.
- GK exercises require memorization of facts, figures, dates, and trivia.
- Short-term memory can be useful for storing and recollecting GK information.
- Memory supplements can be taken by those who feel insecure, but only after seeking advice from medical experts.
- Memory tools such as flash cards, mnemonics, puzzles, riddles, crosswords, recreational and technological devices can be used extensively to make preparation more enjoyable.
Personality Test / Interview Guidelines:
Study material and previous papers can also be useful for interview stage. The material can be referred to improve professional knowledge and English communication. Social and interpersonal skills however require practise and they can be improved with assistance from friends and mentors.