NTSE Application Form 2018:
The National Talent Search Examination(NTSE) is organized every year by the National Council Of Educational Research and Training with a motive of awarding scholarships to 10th class students. One must fill the NTSE application form to get themselves registered to the NTSE Examination 2018. This exam is a two-tier examination where Stage I is conducted by various states or Union Territories whereas Stage II is conducted by NCERT at the national level. This year the Stage I would be held on 04.11.2017 and 05.11.2017 in various States and Union Territories whereas Stage II of NTSE would be conducted on 13.05.2018 for all states and union territories. So interested students are requested to fill NTSE Application to apply for the NTSE scholarship. Candidates can apply for the Stage I of NTSE for their respective states. Students are advised to go through all the details from the official website before applying for the examination.
The examination is based on a candidate’s mental ability test, scholastic aptitude test and language test. Candidates those who qualify the National Talent Search Examination are offered scholarship till they finish their post-graduation or Ph.D.
Aspirants must meet the following eligibility to apply for the National Talent Search Examination.
- Candidates should be Indian citizens.
- To attend the Stage I exam, one should have 60% marks in their 10th Standard from a recognized school.
- Candidate shouldn’t be employed or working and should have appeared their 10th exam for the first time.
- Students who are registered for ODL(Open distance learning) is also eligible to avail this scholarship provided that the student should be below 18 years age( as on 1st July of the same year)
- Candidates who will do their higher studies in Science, Languages, Humanity, Commerce, Fine Arts and Vocational studies would be be eligible for this scholarship till Ph.D level.
- Candidates pursuing professional courses like Medical, Engineering, Management and Law would be awarded the scholarship till their postgraduate level.
The reservation criteria for the NTSE 2018 would be as follows-
- SC category-15%
- ST category- 7%
- Physically challenged- 4%
The recruitment would be done in two stages.
- For Stage I, selection would be done in the state level by the states/UTs through a written examination.
- Those students who are qualified in Stage I would be eligible to write the Stage II exam conducted by the NCERT.
Exam Pattern of NTSE 2018:
The two stages for the NTSE 2018 would comprise of the following papers.
|PAPER||TYPE OF TEST||MARKS||TOTAL QUESTIONS||DURATION|
|Paper I||Mental Ability Test(MAT)||50||50||45|
|Paper II||Language Test(LT)||50||50||45|
|Paper III||Scholastic Aptitude Test(SAT)||100||100||90|
For NTSE Stage II-
For Stage II, there will be negative marks for each incorrect answer. For each incorrect answer, 1/3 marks of the total marks would be deducted. However, marks would not be deducted for un-attempted or not attempted questions.
NTSE Syllabus 2018-
- There is no syllabus prescribed particularly for the NTSE exam. Students are required to study the 9th and 10th class syllabus to appear for the NTSE Stage I exam.
- For Stage II, students should go through the 10th class syllabus as prescribed by NCERT. Questions would be strictly based on it.
Sainik Schools, Military Schools and Kendriya Vidyalayas of all the 36 states and Union Territories conduct the National Talent Search Examination.
How to fill the NTSE form 2018?
- One should go through the PDF of the application form from the official website www.ncert.nic.in
- Candidates should obtain the application form from the liaison officer of the respective state/UT.
- Candidates should fill the application form carefully with all the required documents.
- After filling the form, the payment should be made correctly.
- Finally, candidates may submit the filled application form through offline at the official address of the Liaison Officer of the State. One can send the form through speed post/registered postor personally submit it at the office.
|Stages||Exam states||NTSE 2017 Important Dates|
|Stage I exam(state)||Last date to submit application form||To be notified later|
|Examination in Mizoram, Meghalaya, Nagaland and Andaman & Nicobar Islands||4.11.2017 (Saturday)|
|Examination in Other states and UTs||05.11.2017 (Sunday)|
|stage 2 exam(National)||Examination in All states and Union Territories||13.05.2018 (Sunday)|
For more details, one must visit the official site www.ncert.nic.in
NTSE Examination 2018 –
Phone No- 011-26560464 (2:30 PM – 4:30 PM)
E-mail – [email protected]
For state level enquiry, contact the respective State Liaison Officer
Phone No- 011-26562704 (2:30 PM – 4:30 PM)
E-mail- [email protected]
Check Now – Latest Scholarships in India