|Click Here for Project Assistant Posts|
|Click Here for Project Assistant and JRF Posts|
|Click Here for Project Asst Posts|
The National Institute of Oceanography Goa has released and NIO Goa recruitment 2017 advertisement. Show the notification the organization has invited candidates to apply for the post of project assistant for the project data studies on Cobalt Crust Exploration and Geological processes in the Indian Ocean. The total number of positions available is 02 Nos. The candidates will have to undergo personal interview round in order to get shortlisted. Below are the given qualifications which must be met in order to apply for the current openings. The advertisement given below contains important information referring which the participants can apply for their desired Project. The Walk in Interview will be held on 08th and 09th December 2016 at 10.00 A.M. The applicants can visit www.nio.org for more detailed information.
The NIO Goa Recruitment 2017 has been published on the official website thereby inviting aspirants to apply for the vacant positions that are as followed –
|Designation||Project Title||Number of Vacancies|
|Project Assistant III||Geological processes in the Indian Ocean – Understanding the input fluxes, sinks and Paleoceanography||01 Nos|
|Project Assistant III||Studies on Cobalt Crusts Exploration||01 Nos|
The aspirants who are interested to apply for the position of Project Assistant III are required to have degree in Geology or MSc in Geography with at least 2 years of work experience in the respective field. The candidates must have acquired the degree from a well recognized University scoring good academic records in order to be eligible.
Maximum age limit up to which the candidates can apply is 35 years as on date of receipt of application form. As per the National Institute of Oceanography Goa, the organization will relax the upper age limit for reserved category searches OBC/SC and ST.
The applicants under women category will receive files as relaxation period.
With reference to the NIO Goa recruitment 2017, the candidates are selected for the post of Project Assistant III will be provided with the remuneration of 28,000/- per month which includes all the allowances and benefits applicable for the rank.
The candidates who are interested in applying for the post of Project Assistant III are required to apply for the post before the due date after which the selection process will commence. The panel set up by the organisation will call aspirants to appear for the personal Walk-In interview round where the shortlisting will be done. The parameters which may vary the final results are eligibility, age, experience, qualifications, etc.
How to Apply NIO Goa Jobs:
The contestants who are looking forward to attend the Walk-In Interview must follow the instructions given below in order to apply for the vacant posts –
- Enter the URL of National Institute of Oceanography which has the URL www.nio.org
- Now, the applicants will have to search for the tab “Vacancies” on the homepage and click on it.
- The next step is to click on “Temporary” button from the drop down list.
- Then the official NIO Goa Recruitment 2017 will be displayed on the computer screen.
- The applicants can refer it to gain complete information on the openings and then download the application format available.
- Attach documents and testimonials supporting their claims regarding the educational qualifications, experience, age and address proof, etc.
- Carry the Application Form and Self-attested copies of all the documents along with original documents at the Interview venue given below.
Walk-in Address –
NIO Dona Paula, Goa – 403 004.
- The applicants must carry only the correct documents as canvassing in any form if detected will cause disqualification and the organization might take legal action.
Following are the Interview dates for the current openings as proposed in the NIO Goa Recruitment 2017 –
|Project Assistant III ( Cobalt Crusts )||08th December 2016 at 10.00 A.M.|
|Project Assistant III ( Geological Processes )||09th December 2016 at 10.00 A.M.|
Official notification can be referred at http://www.nio.org/index/option/com_vacgoa/task/show/title/Goa/tid/6/sid/28/thid/64
A walk-in interview for a number of vacancies for the temporary posts of Project Assistants (I,II,and III) and Junior Research Fellows (LS) has been notified by NIO Goa Recruitment 2016.
The National Institute of Oceanography or NIO has its headquarters in Goa at Dona Paula. Its regional centres are at Kochi, Mumbai and Visakhapatnam. It is one of the 37 constituent laboratories of the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research or CSIR, New Delhi.
NIO does major research areas in the four traditional branches of oceanography that includes -biological, chemical, geological/geophysical, and physical domains. In addition, ocean engineering, marine instrumentation and marine archaeology are also researched.
According to the NIO Goa Recruitment 2016, the organization invites applicants to walk-in for an interview for the temporary positions of Project Assistants and Junior Research Fellows in various disciplines mentioned above. The postings are at all the major centres mentioned above. The total number of vacancies available is 14 Nos.
Different jobs have different responsibilities. Since all posts are in field of research and involve project work, candidates can expect to work in the field either on the shore or in the sea by travelling in research vessels.
Selected candidates will perform sample collection, analysis, data processing, and lab work depending on the project needs. Technically qualified candidates with a penchant for research and high levels of energy are invited to attend walk-in interview.
The notification for various posts at NIO are mentioned in a tabular form on the website. The notification clearly mentions the vacancy numbers for each specific post with links to project title details and additional job requirements for each post.
Qualified candidates can walk-in for interview with bio-data, certificates and mark lists copies with attestation starting with SSC, age, experience credentials and testimonials along with photo id proof. The notification informs that marks relaxation is not there for JRF posts while SC/ST get marks relaxation of 5% of minimum for PA posts only.
The Vacancy available at the NIO Goa Recruitment 2016 is for the positions of Junior Research Fellows (JRF- LS) and Project Assistants(PA- I,II,III) for which the details are given below –
|Serial No.||Qualifications||Name of Post||Posts vacant||Pay per month||Time and Date of Interview|
|1||M.Sc in Biotechnology||PA-II||1||16000/-||14/Jul/2016 at 10:00:00 AM|
|2||M.Sc in Applied Geology or Geology / equivalent degree||PA-II||2||16000/-||15/Jul/2016 at 10:00:00 AM|
|3||M.Sc in Marine Biology. Candidates who got CSIR-UGC NET (LS) Exam clearance might be considered for the JRF(LS) post||PA-II/JRF(LS)||1||16000/-||18/Jul/2016 at 10:00:00 AM|
|4||BSc in Computer Science or 3 yr. Computers diploma or BCA||PA-I||1||10000/-||19/Jul/2016 at 10:00:00 AM|
|5||M.Sc in Chemical Oceanography/Chemistry/Marine Scienes with Chemical Oceanography specialization||PA-II||1||16000/-||21/Jul/2016 at 10:00:00 AM|
|6||BSc with Biochemistry or Chemistry||PA-I||1||10000/-||21/Jul/2016 at 10:00:00 AM|
|7||M. Tech Engineering degree in Biotechnology||PA-III||1||18000/-||22/Jul/2016 at 10:00:00 AM|
|8||M.Sc Biotechnology or Microbiology or Biochemistry or Marine Microbiology||PA-II||1||16000/-||26/Jul/2016 at 10:00:00 AM|
|9||M.Sc in Marine Sciences with Marine Chemistry specialization /Analytical / Hydrochemistry / Organic/ Inorganic /Physical Chemistry with 2 yrs. of minimum experience in analysis of seawater.||PA-III||1||18000/-||28/Jul/2016 at 10:00:00 AM|
|10||M. Sc in Marine Sciences/Meteorology/ Ocean or Oceanography and Atmospheric Sciences or Atmospheric Sciences||PA-II||1||16000/-||29/Jul/2016 at 10:00:00 AM|
|11||MSc Chemistry or Analytical Chemistry or Hydrochemistry or Chemical Oceanography or Marine Sciences plus Marine Chemistry. Candidates who got CSIR-UGC NET (LS) Exam clearance might be considered for the JRF(LS) post||PA-II/JRF(LS)||1||16000/-||4/Aug/2016 at 10:00:00 AM|
|12||M.Sc in Physical Oceanography along with 2 yrs. relevant field experience||PA-III||1||18000/-||5/Aug/2016 at 10:00:00 AM|
|13||M.Sc in Marine Sciences with Marine Chemistry specialization or Hydrochemistry or Analytical or Physical or inorganic or organic Chemistry||PA-II||1||16000/-||5/Aug/2016 at 11:00:00 AM|
As per the advertisement issued by the NIO Goa Recruitment 2016, the required qualification for the respective posts are mentioned in the table above. Graduates and Master degree holders from respective fields related to Marine Science and Oceanography will be considered for appropriate jobs.
Check here – Jobs in Goa
As per the advertisement issued by the NIO Goa Recruitment 2016, the age limit for the above mentioned posts is mentioned below:
- Project Assistant- I will have an age limit of 25 yrs.
- Project Assistant – II will have an age limit of 28 yrs.
- Project Assistant – III will have limit in age of 32 yrs.
- The JRF will have age limit of 28 yrs. and this is based on VNJCT/ CSIR guidelines.
- The applicants belonging to SC and ST category as well as OBC will get age relaxation according to rules of GOI. This is for PA posts.
The age limit calculation will be done reckoning the interview date.
According to the notification released by the NIO Goa Recruitment 2016, the Selection Process for the above mentioned posts will be based on qualifications and the candidates will have to attend a walk-in interview which will be held in NIO offices at Dona Paula in Goa.
The selection committee which will administer the selection process may decide to conduct a test in written form. This will be before the interview and will be done only if there are necessary grounds. If the written test is conducted it will rely on desirable and essential qualifications for the post.
As per the advertisement issued by the NIO Goa Recruitment 2016, the stipend for the posts is based on the designations assigned.
- For posts designated as Project Assistant-I, the amount of Rs 10,000/- is paid every month as stipend.
- Project Assistant-II posts will get a monthly stipend of Rs 16,000/-
- Project Assistant-III positions get a pay slip of Rs 18,000/- every month.
- The Junior Research Fellows are treated on par with Project Assistant-II, and they too get a monthly stipend of Rs 16,000/-
The stipend amount may be undergo revision and depends on grant allocations from the funding agency.
How To Apply:
Candidates with eligibility are invited to walk-in for interview with all necessary documents, testimonials, and identity proof. They are requested to be there on time and in formal attire.
The scheduled date and time for interview for eligible candidates for different posts are listed in the table above. Apart from Serial No. 13 in the above table(11 AM time), all other interviews have 10 AM time.
Advertisement and Application Form Link Details:
The home page of NIO is at: http://www.nio.org/index/title/HOME
The vacancy details with links to project details for each post are at:
A link to permanent positions is also available on the above page.
- CSIR guidelines are followed for all appointments and qualification requirements.
- No allowances either TA or DA are entertained for interview candidates.
National Institute of Oceanography (NIO) has its headquarters mainly located at Dona Paula Area of goa, and also, various other locations such as at kochi, in Mumbai and in Vishakhapatnam. NIO is counted amongst the fewer 37 constituent laboratories under Council of scientific and Industrial research(CSIR).The institute involves studies in Oceanography and subjects and topics like, Data collection, Effect on environment nowadays, Assessing data collected by such studies. The institute also does consultation programs for rendering and imparting good quality environment and educating masses and authorities in power about the degrading health of Environment and its effect on oceans.
NIO has the largest population of scientists studying oceanography and also with an advanced center for further redressals. A School of oceanography is also under NIO which is actually due to Academy of scientific and Innovative Research. Hundreds of Junior and Senior Research fellows, etc. are employed every year for doctoral studies conducted by the institute.
The National Institute of Oceanography has planned to offer job opportunities for categories which include Junior Research fellows, Project Assistants, etc. The official website for the organization has been currently continuously updating and notifying all related information about the job posts. One can visit the website, check out details, dates, notifications, match the eligibility criteria’s and then move on to applying. Web-portal will provide the individual with application.
Advertisements by the Organization states that 10 seats or job positions in the National Institute of Oceanography are available.
Applicants can fill out the forms and submit till the deadline decided by the department which is:
16/6/2016, 16/6/2016 ,27/06/2016
There are total 10 seats to be filled, information about them are given below:
|Sr.no||Name of The Post||Number of seats|
|1.||Project Assistant-II (GAP2425/1569-16)||3 seats|
|2.||Project Assistant-II(GAP2425/1573-16)||2 seats|
|3.||JRF(LS) PA-II(PSC0106/1580-16)||1 seat|
|4.||Project Assistant-III(GAP2830/1571-16)||1 seat|
|5.||Project Assistant-II (GAP2424/1572-16)||1seat|
|6.||JRF(LS) PA-II||1 seat|
|7.||p-Associate –I (SSP3031/1581-16)||1 seat|
The National Institute of Oceanography has stated a list of eligibility which they look for in the individual who is applying and select the one who meets the maximum.
|Sr.no||Name of The Post||Required Eligibility|
|1.||Project Assistant-II||Applicants with M.Sc. in Marine Sciences also Specialization in Marine Chemistry OR Analytical OR Organic OR Hydrochemistry OR Inorganic OR Physical Chemistry can apply.|
|2.||Project Assistant-II||Applicants with M.Sc. in Marine Sciences also Specialization In Marine Biology OR Botany OR Zoology OR Environmental sciences can apply.|
|3.||JRF(LS) PA-II||Applicants with M.Sc. in any related subject of environmental Science will be liable to get hired OR
One who has cleared CSIR-UGC-NET Successfully will be preferred for this post.
|4.||Project Assistant-III||One who has completed Oceanography Masters OR Specialization in Marine science with least of 2 years’ experience will be liable to apply.|
|5.||Project Assistant-II||Applicants with M.Sc. in Marine Sciences also Specialization in Marine Biology OR Microbiology OR Biotechnology OR Zoology can apply.|
|6.||JRF(LS) PA-II||Qualifications such as Masters in chemistry OR Hydrochemistry OR Marine Sciences with marine Chemistry OR Analytical Chemistry.
One who has cleared CSIR-UGC-NET Successfully will be preferred for this post.
|7.||p-Associate –I||One with Ph.D.in Botany can apply.|
Documents matching to the qualification must be submitted while going through recruitment process.
- Age-limit range has been decided by the National Institute of Oceanography ,which is given below:
|Project assistant-III||Age must be not less than 32 years|
|Project Assistant-II||Age must be not less than 28 years|
|For other posts||Age limit will be as per rules by NIO|
- However, age-relaxations might be granted to categories such as SC/ST/PWD/HI etc. but, for that, one must submit the respective documents.
After undergoing all selection process held by NIO, once the individual is shortlisted they will be paid a handsome amount of, following given amount according to the categories:
|Sr.no||Name of The Post||Pay-Scale|
|1.||Project Assistant-II||16000 INR|
|2.||Project Assistant-II||16000 INR|
|3.||JRF(LS) PA-II||16000 INR|
|4.||Project Assistant-III||18000 INR|
|5.||Project Assistant-II||16000 INR|
|6.||JRF(LS) PA-II||16000 INR|
|7.||p-Associate –I||25000 INR|
How to Apply:
- Applications forms from the official website which is www.nio.org must be downloaded, filled and submitted. One must follow following steps:
Visit homepage>>vacancy tab>>Select vacancy>>fill details
- If Online, The applicant must take copies of the form, fill and maintain a hard-copy of the same
- All Application forms must be submitted through online, and must be carried with them while walk-in interviews.
- The filled copy of the form must be replicated or Xeroxed and kept with the applicant for further inquiry.
- Applicants must attach all the required documents as per need.
- All the required documents must be submitted, cross-checked, verified.
- Attested or not, the documents must be submitted likewise.
- Original Documents and certificates must be submitted for verification which may include Ph.D. degrees, mark sheets, UGC NET Exam results, etc.
- Passport sized photographs must be attached with the same pose and required background. Minimum of 3 photographs are needed to be attached and carried with them along with a fresh resume.
- Caste Certificate, Birth Certificate, and Registration certificate form the list of some of the important testimonials one must submit and verify.
- Notifications details and updates must be looked after by the applicant to avoid any important detail or date to skip.
- Forms must be submitted well before the deadline; submissions before the deadline will only be accepted otherwise, will be considered invalid
- Incomplete forms or unsigned forms will be considered as invalid and will not be accepted.
- Selection Process is simple, by Walk-In-Interview.
- All the Applications submitted will be verified and accordingly, candidates selected will be short-listed.
- The list will be either displayed on the website itself, or either the applicant will be sent notification through email.
- When the applicant has completed their Interview or written test, they will be called for the next round through email. Henceforth, valid email must be submitted.
- Also, the call-letter might not be sent through mail and hence, the applicant must maintain the print out and carry with them while reaching the premises for further round.
- The shortlisted applicants according to the merit, or according to reservation will be displayed.
- In interview, the applicant will be judged on their presence of their mind and answering skills.
- The selected applicant will be notified and they will be carried with a short-fare bus with only the description of which they are being carried for only the interview process.
Venue for Walk-in interview:
One must visit the venue on date and day, given besides the link details of the post on the following venue for walk-interview,
NIO Dona Paula,
All documents must be submitted and forms must be sent in before the deadlines according to posts notification being updated on the website.
Following are list of dates for walk-in interviews,
|Sr.no||Name of The Post||Walk-In-Interview dates|
Advertisement and Application form Link Details:
One can visit the official website for any redressal needed: www.nio.org
This is the link which has the advertisement of the post: http://www.nio.org/index/option/com_vacgoa/task/show/title/Goa/tid/6/sid/28/thid/64