NEET Notification 2018: Exam Dates, Application Form
NEET 2018 or National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education ( CBSE ). It is a national level entrance test that is conducted to shortlist eligible candidates for BDS and MBBS courses across India. Earlier, AIPMT that is All India Pre-Medical Test was conducted for the selection of Medical students, however, after Supreme Court intervened it a dispute, NEET is declared as the sole entrance test for Medical courses in India. The NEET is conducted in two phases for which the candidates are required to register and submit application forms individually. The website www.aipmt.nic.in handles all the applications and the selected candidates are awarded seats at various medical colleges based on their ranks and scores where the counselling helps them choose their desired college. We have compiled the updates and information pertaining to NEET and the upcoming NEET 2018 for which students can prepare accordingly.
Eligibility Criteria for NEET 2018:
- The aspirants must be an Indian Nation
- He must have qualified HSC or equivalent with Biology/Biotech, Chemistry, Mathematics, and Physics as major subjects.
- The aspirants must score at least 50% in PCB group.
- The maximum age for reserved applicants is 30 years whereas for general category the age limit if 17 to 25 years.
- The aspirants can only apply for the exams in consecutive years for which refer the official portal for more information.
NEET 2018 Application Form:
The candidates who want to apply for the NEET 2018 must submit the duly filled application form online on the official website of NEET that is www.aipmt.nic.in.
The NEET 2018 Form in order to apply online will be made available starting from the 1st week of 1st Week of December 2018. The candidates must be eligible as per all the criteria mentioned in the notification. The applicants must furnish true details in the application form as canvassing in any form if detected will result in the form getting rejected. The candidates must furnish all the necessary documents along with the confirmation cum acknowledge of application form at the address given below –
Check Now – NEET Application Form
The Assistant Secretary ( NEET ),
Central Board of Secondary Education,
Shiksha Kendra 2, Community Centre,
Preet Vihar, Delhi – 110092.
How to fill the NEET Application Forum :Click Here
NEET 2018 Application Fee:
The CBSE and Medical Council of India which jointly conducts the NEET exams require the applicants to pay application fee amounting 1,000/- for General and OBC category whereas the candidates with SC/ST/PH category will have to pay a sum of 550/- as application form.
The amount is further added 1,000/- as late fee if any. The candidates must pay the application fee through online mode using credit card or debit card or they can make the transaction in offline mode by depositing the fee using bank challan.
Check Some Imp Links
|NEET Admit Card||NEET Syllabus|
|NEET Previous Papers||NEET Result|
NEET 2018 Examination Pattern and Syllabus:
- The NEET 2018 exams follow pre-defined pattern which is given below.
- The Test will be of 3 hours duration with 180 MCQ type questions where each question will have 04 options to choose.
- Each question weights 04 marks and each wrong answer attracts penalty of negative 1 marks.
- The question paper will be available in Hindi and English Language.
- The total marks are 720 marks.
- The Syllabus for NEET 2018 will be based on the 11th and 12th subjects that are Physics, Chemistry and Biology. The aspirants must refer the NCERT books as well as other popular books in order to attempt maximum questions and increase the chance to succeed.
The candidates must refer previous years question papers too in order to sharpen their grasping power.
Following is the subject-wise distribution:
Reservation of Seats in NEET 2018:
The total number of seats will be declared after the NEET exams.
The following is the bifurcation of Seats across India –
- ST Category – 7.5%
- SC Category – 15%
- PH Category – 3%
- OBC – 27% ( Non-creamy Layer )
NEET 2018 Admit Card:
The Admit Card is the most important document which is required to be produced at the examinations and must be preserved until the results are not declared.
The Admit Card will be issued in the 1st Week of April 2018 and must be downloaded by following the below given steps –
- The candidates can visit www.aipmt.nic.in where the link to the Admit Card will be displayed.
- Click on the link and enter the credentials asked and the Admit Card will be displayed.
|Starting date for Application Form||2nd Jan 2018|
|Final date for submission of applications||1st Feb 2018|
|Receipt of Acknowledge||1st Feb 2018|
|Final date for Form submission||1st Feb 2018|
|Admit Card availability||20th April 2018|
|Examination Date||7th May 2018 (Morning & Evening)|
|Results||25th May 2018|
NEET 2018 Exam Centers in India:
|STATE/UT||CITY||City Code||STATE/UT||CITY||City Code|
|ANDAMAN & NICOBAR||PORT BLAIR||901||MAHARASHTRA||AURANGABAD||944|
|DADRA & NAGAR HAVELI||DADRA & NAGAR HAVELI||911||KOHIMA||954|
|DAMAN & DIU||DAMAN||912||ODISHA||BEHRAMPUR||955|
|JAMMU & KASHMIR||JAMMU||927||TIRUCHIRAPALLI||970|
|MADHYA PRADESH||BHOPAL||939||WEST BENGAL||DURGAPUR||982|
The official website of NEET 2018 is www.aipmt.nic.in
Check Now – NEET Counselling Dates