Navodaya Entrance Exam 2018 Notification for Admission in Navodaya Vidyalaya Schools
Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti entrance notification 2018 to be released as per the schedule in each dist of all states. The Jawahar Navodaya Entrance exam 2018 notification was announced by the JNVS officials through press media. Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya entrance exam is for admission of eligible candidates in 6th class for the academic year 2018-2019. Interested candidates applying the Navodaya Entrance exam 2018 should fill the and submit the JNVS Application form before the last date that is – 25th November 2017. Candidates should apply the JNVS entrance exam though its official website i.e, www.nvshq.org. JNV selection test 2018 details like eligibility, How to Apply, Age limit, Imp Dates, Schedule, exam dates and more details were published in the article below.
About Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti :
Government of India introduced the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya scheme under the national policy of Education in 1986. Presently these Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalayas JNVs are spread in 29 states and 7 union territories of India. These schools are run by the government of India through an autonomous organisation known as the Narvodaya Vidyalaya Samiti. The runs co-educational residential schools financed and administered by the government of India. It holds Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya selection test at class VI, every year to enrol students in their schools.
Education, boarding lodging, books, uniform etc. is free of cost for the selected candidates. However of class IX to XII have to pay minimal fees of Rs 200 per month. SC/St/Girl/Physically challenged students’ whose family income falls below the poverty line are exempted from paying the fees.
Objectives of the Scheme:
- To inculcate good quality modern education.
- To provide the children with a strong cultural base, inculcate values; generate awareness on environment and social issues.
- To ensure that the children gain competence in three languages English, Hindi and their mother tongue.
- To bring about national integration through migration of students to different parts of India.
JNVS Entrance Eligibility:
- Candidates of those districts where Navodaya Vidyalayas exist are eligible for applying.
- The candidate appearing for the selection test must be studying in class V in the academic session of 2016-17. He can be studying in a Government/Government aided or other recognized schools or pursuing a ‘B’ certificate course of National Institute of Open Schooling in the same district where he/she is seeking admission
- Candidates who seek admission under rural quota should have passed classes III, IV and V from a Govt. / Govt. aided / recognized school in a school located in a rural area.
- Candidates, who will be giving their class V exams from National Institute of Open Schooling, must finish their exams on or before 25th Nov 2017. They should also be under the prescribed age limit.
- Students who have not been promoted and admitted in class V before 15th September, 2017 are not eligible to fill the application form
- No candidate can appear for the entrance test twice under any circumstances.
- The parents of the candidates who get selected have to submit Affidavit/Residence Certificate in prescribed Performa and other documents asked for by the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti at the time of admission.
- 75% percent of the seats are reserved for the candidates’ from rural areas and the rest seats can be filled up by candidates from urban areas of the district.
- There is no reservation for transgender candidates; they will be included in the boy’s category.
- Reservation based on community SC/ST is determined in proportion of the population of each community in the concerned district. The maximum it can go is 50% taking together SC and ST candidates. Here also the candidates belonging to these communities will be selected on merit basis.
- One third of the total seats are reserved for the girls and three percent seats are reserved for the physically challenged children
Candidates seeking admission in class Vi in the Navodaya Vidyalaya should not have been born before 01.05.2004 and after 30.04.2008. This age limitation applies to all categories and there is no age relaxation for any community. In case of doubt regarding overage one may be referred to the Medical Board for confirmation of the age and the decision of the Medical Board will be final
- Only those candidates will be selected for admissions who qualify in the selection test.
- The selected candidate will have to show all his certificates and testimonials for verification at the time of admission. Failing to do will lead to rejection of the candidate.
- If the documents provided by the candidate are found to be false or bogus, the candidates candidature will be cancelled.
- There will no re-evaluation and re-totalling of marks, and any request for that will not be entertained.
- Parents and candidates are hereby informed that the selected candidate may have to migrate to non Hindi speaking districts and vice verse for a year in class IX. If the parents or candidate refuses for the same his admission in the JNV will be terminated.
- Parents and candidates please note that the candidate will be admitted in that particular JNV where he has given his JNV selection test.
- Request for shift in JNV on grounds of the medium of instruction and transfer of parents to different district or state will be entertained. It should be obtained before 15th May, of the year of seeking admission.
- Physically challenged candidates selected for admission will have to produce a medical certificate signed by Chief Medical Officer of the District at the time of admission.
- The candidates have to appear for the selection test at the examination centre allotted to him. It will be indicated on the admit card of the candidate. They will not be permitted to sit for the test from any other centre. Please note that request for change of centre will not be entertained.
- No candidate will be allowed to sit in the test without the admit card.
- The language of examination for the candidate will be the medium of language he has been studying in class V. It will be same as the information provided by the candidate in the application form and admit card. The test booklet is available in the following languages: Assamese; Bengali; Bodo; English; Garo; Gujarati; Hindi; Kannada; Khasi; Malayalam; Manipuri; Marathi; Mizo; Oriya; Punjabi; Sindhi (Arabic); Sindhi (Devnagri); Tamil ; Telugu; Urdu; Nepali
- The test will be for a period of two hours. The question paper will have three sections with objective type questions. there will be 100 questions in total each question carrying one mark.
- A separate answer sheet will be provided to the candidates along with an OCR sheet. Candidates can use only blue or black ball point pen, use of pencil is prohibited.
- Candidates have to be careful in marking the answers; answer once written cannot be changed. Over writing, cutting or erasing on the answer sheet is also not allowed.
- There is no negative marking scheme; one mark will be allotted to each correct answer.
- Candidates should read all the instructions and examples very carefully before answering any question.
- Candidates should also ensure that the test booklet given to them is in the same language as they had opted for. In case it is of a different language he should request for change at the beginning of the examination. No explanation in this regard will be entertained after the examination Is over.
- Candidates should answer those questions first for which they know the answer correctly, this they need to do to save time. Once he completes the questions, and if time permits they can attempt those questions which he has left.
- The candidates will have to obtain qualifying marks in all the three sections
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall after thirty minutes of the start of the exam.
Nature of the Test Section:
- Mental Ability Test (MAT) It is a non – verbal test; based on figures and diagrams questions. It meant to assess general mental functioning of the candidates. Questions include odd one out; direction sense; pattern recognition; figure series; analogy; mirror images; space visualisation
- Arithmetic Test The main purpose of this test is to measure candidate’s basic competencies in Arithmetic. It includes questions on. Number and numeric system; Four fundamental operations on whole number; fundamentals of Fractional number; Factors and multiple; LCM and HCF; . Decimals and fundamental operations; Conversion of fractions to decimals and vice-versa; Distance, time and speed; Simplification of Numerical Expressions; Percentage and its applications; Profit and loss; Simple interest; Perimeter, area and volume
- Language Test. The purpose of this test is to assess reading and comprehension skills of the candidates. The test consists of three passages. And based on the passages questions related to grammar, comprehension and writing skills are put down to test the language skills of the candidate.
How to Apply JNVST Application Form/ JNVS Entrance Exam Application Form:
- Application forms are available with the prospectus free of cost. It can be brought from the Block Education Officer (BEO); District Education Officer (DEO); Headmaster of any Govt. / Govt. aided / NIOS where the candidate is studying and Principal, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya. In case of unavailability of the form one can copy the format of theform from the official website www.nvshq.org.
- Candidates have to submit the filled in application to the Block Education Officer latest by 16th September 2016. The application form should be duely signed by the Head of the recognized school/Special Education Scheme where the candidate is studying in Class-V
- Admit card to the candidate will be prepared by the Principal, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya; and will be issued to them through the office of the Block Education Officer. In case the candidates do not receive their admit card one week before the JNV selection test, are advised to immediately contact the Principal, JNV/BEO/DEO for the same.
- The results of the JNV selection test is expected to be announced by first week of April 2017 for summer bound; last week of May for the winter bound and first week of July 2017 for extreme winter bound JNV admission period.
- The selected candidates will be informed through registered post. Th results will also be uploaded on the official website. www.nvshq.org of Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti.
Some important guidelines:
- Candidates and their parents are advised to read the prospectus and application form carefully before filling the application form.
- Candidates should fill the application only after they are satisfied that they are eligible for applying for it and fulfill all the required criteria. Applicants are advised to fill in complete and correct information in the application form.
- The candidates require to affix one recent passport size photograph on the application form and another one on the admit card. The photo graph should be attested by the head of the school or institute where the candidate is studying in class V.
- Both the candidate and guardian have to sign on the application form. The candidate also needs to sign the admit card in the presence of the Head of the Institution where he/she is studying at the time of the submission of the application.
- The application will be rejected if it is incomplete or if any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or bogus.
- The decision of the authorities of the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti will be final, and their decision cannot be questioned.
Application Fee/ Processing fee:
There is no application fee. The prospectus and the application form can be obtained free of cost from the Block Education Officer (BEO); District Education Officer (DEO); Headmaster of any Govt. / Govt. aided / NIOS where the candidate is studying and Principal, Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya.
Download here – Navodaya Vidyalaya Admit Card
- 25th November 2017 : Last date for submission of filled up application forms.
- 10th February 2018, 11:30 A.M (Saturday): date of selection test for the states of Andhra Pradesh, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh (except Dibang Valley & Tawang Districts), Bihar, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh (except Chamba, Kinnaur, Mandi, Sirmour, Kullu, Lahaul & Spiti and Shimla Districts), Jharkhand, Kerala, Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Manipur, Orissa, Punjab, Rajasthan, Tripura, Telangana, Uttar Pradesh, & West Bengal (except Darjeeling), Union Territories of Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Chandigarh, Dadar & Nagar Haveli, Daman & Diu, Delhi, Lakshadweep and Pudducherry.
- 8th April 2018, 11:30 A.M (Saturday): date of selection test for the States of Jammu and Kashmir (except Leh, Kargil & Doda), Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Uttrakhand and in the Districts of Dibang Valley and Tawang of Arunachal Pradesh, in the Districts of Chamba, Kullu, Mandi, Sirmour of Himachal Pradesh, in the District of Darjeeling of West Bengal.
- 9th June 2018, 11:30 A.M (Saturday): date of selection test for the Districts of Leh, Kargil & Doda of J&K State and in the District of Kinnaur, Shimla and Lahaul & Spiti of Himachal Pradesh State.
Advertisement and Application Form Link Details:
Details about the Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya Selection Test – 2018 can be obtained from the official website www.nvshq.org of the Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti.