Military Engineering Service Recruitment Details
Military Engineer Service recruitment invites the candidate to apply for the vacancies against various posts. The various vacancies are for Motor Driver, Peons, Chowkidar, Safai Wala, Meter Reader, Can Man and Storekeeper.
- The last date for submission of application is 19th April 2016 for all candidates till 5 pm.
- The last date for submission of application is 26th April 2016 for the candidates belonging to Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Ladakh Division of J&K State, Lahaul & Spiti Dist. And Pangi Sub Div of Chamba Dist. Of HP, A&N Islands & Lakshadweep.
- Tentatively written examination will be conducted on 24 JUL 2016.
- However, final date, time, venue will be intimated in the Call letter and same also will be available on MES Website.
- The following are the vacancies against the respective post.
- However these vacancies are tentative and the MES reserves the right to change it irrespective of time.
- Reservation for SC/ST/OBC/Ex-Serviceman/PH etc. categories is available as per extant Govt. Orders.
- PH (Physical Handicap) category will be considered for persons suffering from disabilities of forty percent and above only.
- The posts carry All India Service Liability (AISL) i.e. the candidate on selection may be asked to serve anywhere in the country.
- All vacancies of caneman shall be considered against PH categories considering @ 1/3rd each for blind, hearing impaired and legs impaired.
|Sr.no||Category/ Command||Total vacancies||Command||Vacancy|
|1.||Civil Motor Driver
Note: EC-Eastern Command, WC-Western Command, NC-Northern Command, SC-Southern Command, CC-Central Command, SWC- South Western Command
The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- The minimum qualification required for the candidate to apply for any of the post is matriculation or equivalent exam recognized by the Board/ University.
- The age limit for the candidates applying under general category is between 19 yrs and 27 yrs.
- The crucial date for determining the age limit shall be 19th April 2016.
- However, this age limit is relaxed for the candidates applying under reservation category.
- The OBC candidates are age relaxed upto 03 yrs, SC/ST upto 05 yrs, and PH for 10 yrs.
- PH Candidate belonging to OBC and SC/ST are relaxed upto 13 yrs and 15 yrs respectively.
- The widow, divorced women, Central Govt. Civilian Employees (SC/ST) who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on Closing date are relaxed upto 40 yrs.
Note: Candidate should note that only the Date of Birth as recorded in the Matriculation Secondary Examination Certificate or an equivalent certificate available on the date of submission of application will be accepted for determining the Age eligibility and no subsequent request for its change will be considered or granted.
- The candidate needs to qualify the written examination for the post.
- The written exam comprises of 25 marks for General Reasoning and Intelligence, 25 marks for Numerical Aptitude, 30 marks for General English & General Awareness and 50 marks for Specialized topic.
- The Paper will consist of Objective Type- Multiple choice questions only. The questions will be set both in English & Hindi, except Part III
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- There will also be skill test for the candidate if applicable in that category.
Note: Success in the examination confers no right of appointment unless government is satisfied after such enquiry as may be considered necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects of appointment to the service/ post.
- The Pay Band for the candidate applying for Storekeeper-II, Civil Motor Driver, and Meter Reader is Rs 5200- 20200 with grade pay Rs 1900/-.
- The Pay Band for the candidate applying for Chowkidar, Safaiwala, Caneman and Peon is Rs 5200- 20200 with grade pay Rs 1800/-.
How to apply:
- Candidates must apply in the application format published along with this advertisement and fill up all the columns in their own hand in block letters. Candidate may also apply on plain paper but the format should exactly be the same as published in the advertisement.
- Applications on formats other than the one indicated will be summarily rejected.
- If any wrong entries are made by the candidates in the application form, their applications shall be rejected and the Deptt will not be responsible for such rejection. No representation against such rejection will be entertained.
- Application filled in on the format used for previous recruitment or some other advertisement will not be considered. The candidates should further note that Application Form will NOT be supplied by the Deptt.
- Applications on the prescribed format should be submitted along with the documents / certificates given below:-
- Two self-addressed envelopes of size 28 cm x 12 cm with postage stamp of Rs 60/- affixed on each envelope for the post of CMD (OG) & Caneman and one self-addressed envelopes of size 28 cm x 12 cm with postage stamp of Rs 60/- affixed on envelope for all other posts of D’Man, Storekeeper-II, Meter Reader, Peon, Chowkidar & S’wala.
- Admit Card for Written Test. The admit card for written test shall be submitted in duplicate as per format duly affixed with self-attested passport size photograph in the space provided for and by duly filling Ser No 1 to 3, along with the application form. Mere submission of admit card does not imply or convey any assurance that the candidate will be called for the written test.
- Self attested photocopies of educational qualification certificates, caste certificate and certificates in support of any claim/ relaxation (wherever applicable) are to be enclosed with the application.
- The complete application form should be posted to the concern office address.
Application Fee/ Processing fee:
Applications on the prescribed format should be submitted along with the documents / certificates given below:-
Two self-addressed envelopes of size 28 cm x 12 cm with postage stamp of Rs 60/- affixed on each envelope for the post of CMD (OG) & Caneman and one self-addressed envelopes of size 28 cm x 12 cm with postage stamp of Rs 60/- affixed on envelope for all other posts of D’Man, Store Keeper-II, Meter Reader, Peon, Chowkidar & S’wala.
- The last date of application form is 19th April 2016 till 5 pm for all candidates
- The candidates belonging to ASSAM, MEGHALAYA, ARUNACHAL PRADESH, MIZORAM, MANIPUR, NAGALAND, TRIPURA, SIKKIM, LADAKH DIVISION OF J&K STATE, LAHAUL & SPITI DISTT AND PANGI SUB DIV OF CHAMBA DISTT OF HP, A&N ISLANDS & LAKSHADWEEP has their last date of application to be 26th April 2016.
Advertisement and Application Form Link Details:
To download the form, go to the link: