Link Your Mobile Number To Aadhar Card
Aadhaar has undoubtedly become a crucial document not only to establish your identity and avail government’s social security schemes but also for financial matters such as filing tax returns and keeping your bank account active. There are various benefits of linking your mobile number to your Aadhaar. Have a look on the below steps to link your Mobile number to Aadhar card, In this process an OTP is sent to the mobile number linked to your Aadhaar. You can also update personal details linked to your Aadhaar online by using an OTP sent to your mobile.
The government is expanding the scope of Aadhaar Linkage to more essentials. Aadhaar the 12-digit Unique Identity Number (UID) is issued by the UIDAI (Unique Identification Authority of India). Sources state that phones not linked to aadhaar will be deactivated after February 2018.
Telecom companies have been instructing users to start the process of linking your mobile number to Aadhaar Card. The linking is done as per the orders of the Supreme Court.
There are other uses of linking your mobile number to Aadhaar.
If You Have Opted For ‘e-kyc’- Aadhaar Based Activation:
In case you have opted for the above by providing the biometrics while applying for the mobile connection, you need not go through the Aadhaar-SIM linking process again. Other subscribers need to visit the outlets and follow simple steps to complete the mandated E-KYC process.
e-KYC is an Online Method of providing details as per Know Your Customer norms.
If you’re looking to link your mobile number with Aadhaar, there can be two scenarios:
- You are linking it for the first time
- You have changed your phone number and want to update your Aadhaar data by replacing the old number with the new one.
Linking Your Mobile Number To Aadhaar For The First Time:
This needs to be done offline. Most online transactions are OTP (one-time-password) authenticated i.e. the OTP is sent to the registered mobile number. Obviously, online authentication is not possible as you are linking your number for the first time.
To do this offline you need to follow these steps:
- You need to get the Aadhar Update /Correction Form. You can either visit the Aadhar Centre or download the form from the UIDAI website.
- Fill out the form correctly; submit it to the concerned person at the Centre and mention on the form that only mobile number is to be updated.
- While submitting the update form, along with photocopy of your Aadhaar card you also need to provide photocopy of an Identity proof document such as PAN Card, Passport, Voter ID card etc.
- After the submission your biometrics will be verified at the enrolment Centre. Your thumb impression will be verified. While applying for Aadhaar your biometrics were recorded and to authenticate the changes, they are verified.
- After verifying the biometrics, you will be given an acknowledgement slip. Usually it takes 2-5 working days for updating to happen but as per the UIDAI helpline the turnaround time for updating is 10 days.
Updating Your Mobile Number:
Updating the mobile number can be done online, but make sure that your existing number linked to your Aadhaar, is functional and handy before you go for the online update. This is because the OTP to authenticate the updating would be sent to your existing number. You will be able link your new mobile number with Aadhaar only after submitting the OTP sent on your old number.
- On the UIDAI website, there’s an option under the Aadhaar Update tab that will redirect the user to the Aadhar Self-Service portal.
- Enter your Aadhar number, and the Captcha text and request for OTP.
- The OPT will be sent to your existing mobile number, and after submitting it you’ll be redirected to a new page, where you can update the desired details.
- Under ‘Select field(s) to update’, select ‘Mobile Number’
Now enter your new mobile number that you want to record in the database and submit.
Check Now – Aadhar Card Recruitment
In Case You Lost Registered Mobile Number:
- Download the form from the Aadhaar portal
- Whatever information you want to get updated.
- Mention working mobile number
- Put the completed form in an envelope super-scribing “Aadhaar Update/Correction”
- Post it to one of these addresses-
- UIDAI –Post-Box No. 10, Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh- 482001, India
- UIDAI – Post Box No 99, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad-500034, India.
- A notification for update will be sent to your new given mobile number.
If You Have Idea /Airtel Sim:
Airtel / Idea
- Visit your nearest Idea/Airtel Center and provide your mobile number and Aadhaar Number
- The store executive will provide a four-digit verification code on your mobile from the re-verification application.
- The subscriber with then provide that code to the executive and provide his/her biometric.
- After 24 hours, you will receive a confirmation SMS, to which reply “Y’ to complete the e-KYC process.