Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2017- Advertisement for the post of Chief Engineer and Engineer In-Charge
The Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2017 notification was officially released on the website of Kolkata Port Trust. As per the advertisement, the organization has provided details on the vacant positions of Chief Engineer and Engineer in-Charge. The Recruitment will be conducted for the total 04 openings combining these two advertised posts. The candidates are required to check their eligibility given in this advertisement in order to apply. The mode of application is offline submission. The candidates will be subjected to go through the selection process constituted by the Kolkata Port Trust after which the final Merit List of selected candidates will be declared. The participants can apply for the advertised posts within 60 days of publication of this advertisement.
Kolkata Port Trust Jobs Vacancy Details:
The given notification has proposed vacancies for given posts –
|Sr. No.||Designations||Number of Vacancies|
|1.||Engineer In-Charge||01 – OBC
01 – ST
|2.||Chief Engineer||01 – OBC
01 – ST
The aspirants are required to have obtained at least the given qualifications in order to be eligible –
- Engineer In-Charge
The participants must have secured MOT 2nd Class Certificate issued under the Merchant Shipping Act in 1958. The aspirants must have work experience of at least 3 years working as Chief Engineer or at least 04 years of combined experience work experience as 2n Engineer and Chief Engineer on Board a Foreign going ship.
- Chief Engineer
He/she must have secured MOT 1st class Certificate issued under the Merchant Shipping Act of 1958. The aspirants must have work experience of at least 3 years working as Chief Engineer or at least 04 years of combined experience work experience as 2n Engineer and Chief Engineer on Board a Foreign going ship.
With reference to the Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2017, the candidates must not exceed the age limit of 30 years for the post of Engineer In-Charge and 37 years for the post of Chief Engineer. He/she will be eligible to get relaxation period as per the norms of the company. The Relaxation period is applicable for SC and ST category.
With regards to the Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2017 notification, the Salary Structure for the advertised posts is as followed –
- Chief Engineer
The Salary will be in the Pay scale of 32,900/- to 58,000/-.
- Engineer In-Charge
The Salary will be in the Pay scale of 20,600/- to 46,500/-.
Apart from the basic salary, candidates will also receive Grade Pay and other Benefits and Allowances as per their grade and positions.
The participants will have to submit their application through offline submission. The candidates will have to walk-into the Interview at the address provided below. During the Interview round, the selection commission will select the suitable candidates based on their performance, their qualifications and other parameters given.
Walk-In Venue –
Kolkata Port Trust,
Haldia Dock Complex.
Note that the organization will not provide any TA/DA to the aspirants attend the interview.
How to Apply Kolkata Port Trust Jobs:
The candidates who are gearing up to attend the Walk-In Interview must follow the steps prescribed below in order to submit application without errors and mistakes to avoid the application to get rejected.
- The very first step is to visit the website www.kolkataporttrust.gov.in where the information of the advertised posts are aailable.
- On the homepage, go to the “Vacancy” section where the official notifications are released.
- The next instructions is to select the option that says “Walk-In Interview for the post of Chief Engineer and Engineer In-Charge under M.O. Division, Haldia Dock COmplex… 19th September 2016”link.
- Here the official notification will be shown which can be referred to gain more information on the vacant positions.
- Now prepare the application form as per prescribed in the advertisement.
- The next instruction is to affix the important documents on the application form along with passport sized photo and signature wherever required.
- Provide the application and attached documents during the Walk-In Interview round for verification.
- Take the printout of the filled application form along with documents for future reference
The following are the important dates as per the Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2017 notification –
|Closing Date for application submission||Within 60 days after the publication of advertisement.|
|Date of Interview||19th September 2016 to 21st November 2016.|
The official link to the Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2016 advertisement is http://www.kolkataporttrust.gov.in/showfile.php?layout=1&lang=1&level=1&sublinkid=2182&lid=1861
Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2016 – Lady Security Guards/ Constable Posts on Contract
The Kolkata Port Trust has recently published an advertisement “Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2016” informing physically fit female candidates of vacancy for Constable or Lady Security Guards positions. The vacancies have been advertised due to a requirement at Kolkata Dock System. The following advertisement provides all necessary information pertaining to the post including job particulars, requisite qualifications for the candidate, pay scale details, application procedure, important links to official websites and downloadable documents, etc., Eligible candidates looking forward to work as a Constables or Lady Security Guards, as advertised by Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2016, can peruse the following advertisement carefully for comprehensive details pertaining to the available vacancies.
Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2016 informs the interested candidates about vacancy for Constable or Lady Security Guard positions. These positions are to fill the requirement needs in Port Security Organization of the Kolkata Dock System located in Kolkata. The job requires physically fit and alert women with the ability to work in shifts. The selected candidates will be entrusted with the responsible duty of protecting the property and assets of the Port Trust which include money, stores, goods, and all other materials owned by the Trust. Candidates who are given the posting have to be flexible and display willingness to work at any location assigned to them, which will be done as per the requirements of the organization. The selected candidates will be entitled to leave on medical grounds and shift work will be assigned as per the roster with one day weekly off. There are 6 posts available as of now.
According to the Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2016 advertisement, the Secretary of Kolkata Port Trust or KoPT, has issued an advertisement recently, inviting applications for the Constable or Lady Security Guard posts. An invitation has been extended to qualified candidates interested in security work to apply by submitting their applications in a fixed format that is provided with the notification. The submission has to be made by post and the last date for receiving the application is mentioned as 18/08/2016. Applications are invited only from candidates who are willing to abide by the terms and conditions of the organization, which are provided with the notification.
Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2016 advertisement mentions that the duration of appointment is on a contract basis and is for one year only. The appointment may be terminated by providing a notice of one month and this can be done either by the employee or the organization. The Port Trust alone has the right to extend this contract after one year, and is subject to the willingness of the selected candidates. The extension may or may not be given in which case the contract will terminate after one year. The Secretary informs all the candidates that appointments can also be terminated due to misbehaviour on the job, unsatisfactory performance, or insubordination.
The vacancy details for the Constable or Lady Security Guards positions as per the information provided by the Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2016 advertisement are as follows:
- For the post of Lady Security Guards/Constable there are total 6 seats available.
- For the post of Lady Security Guards/Constable, the contract is temporary and for one year.
The total number of vacancies available are 6 Nos.
The Constable/Lady Security Guards post requires following essential qualifications as per the information provided by the Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2016 –
- The applicant should be a retiree from either RPF or CISF and CRPF. A retiree from WB or Kolkata police will also be considered eligible.
- Experienced candidates with ability to handle situations pertaining to law and order, and crowd control are given preference. Preference is also given to candidates who are good at checking and frisking visitors and suspects.
- CISF retirees will get preferential treatment at selection.
- Essential qualification for the candidates is physical fitness with an alert mindset.
The Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2016 advertisement explicitly mentions an age requirement for the Constable/Lady Security Guards position. The female candidates who will be considered for security duty must be below the age of 60 years. Appointment will be denied for older candidates.
As per the details provided by the Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2016 advertisement, the following steps are implemented for selecting a suitable candidate for Constable/Lady Security Guard posts:
- Only eligible candidates who agree with the Port Trust’s terms and conditions will be considered for selection.
- Candidates who applied in fixed format and submitted all relevant certificates, proofs and testimonials will only be considered for short listing.
- Verification of Applications for correctness and eligibility.
- Subsequent selection depending on the decision of Selection Committee which is at the discretion of Kolkata Port Trust.
The Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2016 advertisement informs the eligible candidates seeking selection for above mentioned posts that a consolidated remuneration will be paid to the appointees. The salary will be on a monthly basis with allowances and expenses as mentioned below –
- A monthly pay of Rs.14,500/ with Rs 100/- for usage of mobile phone and Rs 120/- allowance for uniform.
- Both outdoor and indoor medical facilities availed only at KoPT Centenary Hospital. This is only for the employee. Medicines, treatment, diagnostic tests, and other medical products that are purchased outside will not be reimbursed
- TA/DA entitlement when there is an official tour requiring travel outside the headquarters.
Application Fee :
The Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2016 advertisement informs the eligible candidates applying for above mentioned posts that there is no application fee. Candidates who secure the appointment will have to pay a rent or license fee for accommodation if applicable.
How to Apply:
As per the particulars provided by the Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2016 advertisement, the procedure for application to the above posts is as follows:
- Candidates who are eligible with essential qualifications have to apply.
- The applicant must submit an application in fixed format available for download at official website. The link is provided below.
- All the information requested has to be provided and all necessary copies of proofs, certificates, and testimonials must be enclosed in an envelope along with a passport photo.
- The envelope should have the following superscription: “Application for engagement as lady Security Guard / Constable on contractual basis”
- The above mentioned documents have to be forwarded to the following address by post:
Port Security Organization,
P-65, C.G.R Road,
Kolkata – 700 043
The Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment 2016 advertisement mentions the following last date for application submission –
|The Last Date For Application Receipt||18th August, 2016|
The Link for Kolkata Port Trust website is at: http://www.kolkataporttrust.gov.in/
The Kolkata Port Trust Recruitment Notification and application format available here: Download PDF
- The applications for the post must be submitted in a timely manner with complete details.
- Applications submitted after due date will be rejected summarily.