Karnataka Scholarship 2017–2018
According to the Prime Minister of India those students who cannot afford the school education or higher studies can now avail Karnataka Scholarship which is available for ST, SC, OBC and minority section of Karnataka. This scheme focuses on providing financial assistance to economically weaker section of the society who finds it difficult to get education. Karnataka Scholarship scheme includes Karnataka Post Matric Scholarship and Karnataka Pre-Matric Scholarship. Students who wish to avail these benefit can now apply online before the due date. Read the following and you will find all the relevant details about the scholarship program including the eligibility criteria, amount and duration, courses offered, important dates, procedure of applying and more.
Karnataka Scholarships Scheme Eligibility Criteria:
- Students who are applying to avail benefits from this scholarship program must make sure that they should have secured minimum 50% marks in the last examination
- The annual income of their parents/guardian from all sources should not exceed Rs. 1 lakh.
Karnataka Pre-Matric Scholarship Duration and Amount:
|Tuition fee from class 6th to 10th||Rs.350/- monthly subject to actual.||Rs.350/- monthly subject to actual.|
|Admission fee from class 6th to 10th||Rs.500/- annually subject to actual.||Rs.500/- annually subject to actual.|
|Maintenance allowance is paid for a certain period of time not exceeding 10 months in an academic year.
(i)Class 1st to 5th
|Nil||Rs. 100/- monthly|
|(ii)Class 6th to 10th||Rs. 600/- monthly subject to actual.|
Karnataka Post-Matric Scholarship:
Courses under Post Matric Scholarship:
- Diploma Courses
- Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree courses of Science, Commerce & Arts
- PG, UG and Diploma Courses of Computer Applications & Management
- Polytechnic courses
- Various Vocational & Technical Courses
- (XI & XII)
- Integrated LAW (B.Sc. LLB, BBA. LLB UG)
- Nursing (Midwifery UG and Auxiliary Nursing, GNM)
- Research Programmes (M.Phil., D.Pharma, Rural Development & Ph.D.)
Post Matric Scholarship Scheme Eligibility Criteria:
|Class||Class PG, UG, M.Phil., 11 & 12, Ph.D., Diploma Students|
Post Matric Scholarship Amount and Duration:
|Item||Hosteler *||Day scholar|
|Admission and tuition fee for vocational and technical courses of 11th and 12th level including charges for raw materials, etc.||Rs.10,000 p.a.||Rs.10,000 p.a.|
|Admission and tuition fee for classes 11th and 12th||Rs.7,000 p.a.||Rs.7,000 p.a.|
|Ph.D. and M. Phil.||Rs.1200 p.m.||Rs.550 p.m.|
|Tuition fee and admission fee for post graduate and undergraduate.||Rs.3,000 p.a.||Rs.3,000 p.a.|
|Classes 11th and 12th including vocational and technical courses of this level.|
|Maintenance allowance for 10 months only in an academic year including expenses for study material, etc.||
|Courses apart from professional and technical courses at post graduate and undergraduate level||Rs.570 p.m.||Rs.300 p.m.|
Check Now – Best Scholarships in India
Duration of Scholarship:
Karnataka Scholarship is applicable for the entire course and Maintenance allowance will be provided for 10 months only in an academic year.
Procedure to Apply for Karnataka Scholarship 2017:
- First of all, students who are willing to take up this scholarship must log on to their official website – scholarships.gov.in
- Now click on “state schemes” tab available in the middle right side of the homepage.
- Choose an apt scholarship scheme mentioned under “Karnataka” section.
- Click on the “Guidelines” link available and read it carefully.
- You will have to click on “New User? Register” link and fill Karnataka Scholarship application form including essential details.
- Complete the details and click on submit tab
- You will then receive an “Application Id or password” on your registered email address or contact number.
- Now go back and click on “Login to Apply” link and enter the Application Id or password with captcha.
- Click on the “Login” tab.
- Fill the Karnataka Scholarship online application form correctly
- You will also have to upload a scanned photograph and images of certificates and documents.
- Click on the “Submit” button and take a print out.
Renewal of Karnataka Scholarship:
The Karnataka scholarship can be renewed for the forthcoming academic year. Candidates must make sure that they secure minimum 50% marks in the examination for next renewal.
- If you want to renew the scholarship, candidates will have to visit the official website.
- Click on “Apply for Renewal” tab.
- You need to enter the details requested in the dialog box.
- Click on the suitable tab.
- Apply for Renewal of Karnataka fellowship.
Official Website – https://scholarships.gov.in/
Official Karnataka Scholarship Link – Apply Now
Have a look on Imp Links
|Scholarships List in India||Post-Matric Scholarships Scheme|
|Scholarships in India||How To Get Scholarship|