Karnatak University Recruitment 2017 – Teaching Assistant
Karnatak University, Dharwad or KUD for short, has recently published an advertisement ” Karnatak University Recruitment 2017″ informing eligible candidates of vacancy for Teaching Assistant. The University is hiring for a program it has initiated under Guest Faculty The following advertisement provides all necessary information pertaining to the posts including job particulars, requisite qualifications for the candidate, salaries and fellowship details, application procedure, important links to official websites and downloadable documents, etc., Eligible candidates looking forward to work in above positions, as advertised by Karnatak University Recruitment 2017, can peruse the following advertisement carefully for comprehensive details pertaining to the vacancies.
Karnatak University Recruitment 2017 informs the interested candidates about vacancy for Project Fellows and Technical Assistants positions. These positions are for a program titled : “DST–PURSE–Phase II Program” under the supervision of P. G. Department of Studies in Chemistry at KU. The program receives funds from Department of Science & Technology or DST, and requires candidates with – scientific temper to perform research under supervision, ability to be a team member, and knowledge of scientific equipment maintenance. There are five posts available as of now.
According to the Karnatak University Recruitment 2017 advertisement, the Program Coordinator has issued an advertisement on 19th March of 2017, inviting applications for the above mentioned posts. An invitation has been extended to qualified candidates interested in the program to apply by submitting an application only in a fixed format . The application format is available at official website. A hard copy has to be delivered by post to the office before or on 25th August of 2017.
The official notification states that both the positions require candidates to work on a program with a well-defined objective. The funding for project is for 4 yrs. or till project terminates. The selected candidates will work under supervision of Professors and Doctoral Supervisors from different departments of Sciences like Botany, Physics, Chemistry, Biotechnology, Microbiology, and Applied Genetics.
The vacancy details for the Project Fellows and Teaching Assistant. positions as per the information provided by the Karnatak University Recruitment 2017 advertisement are as follows:
- For the post of Guest Faculty there are total 3 seats available.
- For the post of Teaching Assistant. there are total 14 seats available.
The total number of vacancies available are 17 Nos.
The Guest Faculty and Teaching Assistant. positions require the following essential qualifications as per the information provided by the Karnatak University Recruitment 2017 –
- M.Sc. degree in any of following – Biotechnology or Physics or Zoology or Applied Genetics or Biochemistry or Microbiology or Botany or Chemistry or Geology plus 55% marks as minimum . Relaxation in marks is 50% for candidates from following categories : SC or ST or Cat-I.
- Candidates with experience as researcher along with SLET or NET or GATE qualification are given preference.
- B.E. degree in Electronics & Electrical or ECE or Mechanical or Mechatronics or Instrumentation
- M.Sc. in Chemistry or Physics.
The Karnatak University Recruitment 2017 advertisement does not explicitly mention any age requirement for the posts of Project Fellows and Technical Assistants, but candidates with essential qualifications and appreciable enthusiasm for research work are preferred.
As per the details provided by the Karnatak University Recruitment 2017 advertisement, the following steps are implemented for selecting a suitable candidate for Guest Faculty and Teaching Assistant posts:
- Verification of Application and Bio-data for correctness and eligibility.
- Short listing of candidates based on eligibility criteria and experience.
- Call for interview to be held subsequently to select suitable candidates. Interview date is provided via email or on phone.
- The specialization will determine the assignment of supervisor under whom project is to be done.
The Karnatak University Recruitment 2017 advertisement informs the eligible candidates seeking selection for Guest Faculty and Teaching Assistant. Posts, that emoluments will be commensurate with the position offered. Both the Guest Faculty and Teaching Assistant. will receive a consolidated pay to the amount of Rs. 20,000/- every month.
Application Fee :
The Karnatak University Recruitment 2017 advertisement informs the eligible candidates applying for above posts that there is no application fee.
How to Apply:
As per the particulars provided by the Karnatak University Recruitment 2017 advertisement, the procedure for application to the posts of Guest Faculty and Teaching Assistant. is as follows:
- Candidates who are eligible with essential qualifications have to apply. Candidates awaiting their academic results will also be considered if they apply.
- The applicant must submit the application in a fixed format with full information sought.
- The personal, academic, contact, and experience details have to be provided along with a passport photo that must be affixed properly.
- Applicants are encouraged to provide any proof to strengthen their claim for the posts. This could include any previous research work or publications in journals.
- The above application has to be forwarded to the following address only :
Prof. Mahadevappa Y. Kariduraganavar, Program Coordinator,
DST–PURSE–Phase II Program,
G. Department of Studies in Chemistry,
Karnatak University, Dharwad-580 003,
The Karnatak University Recruitment 2017 advertisement mentions the following last date for application submission –
|The Last Date For Application Receipt||25th August, 2017|
The Link to the official home page for Karnatak University is at:
The notification link to posts of Guest Faculty and Teaching Assistant is at:
The Karnatak University Recruitment notification document for download – Get PDF
- The applications for the post must be submitted in a timely manner with complete details.
- Applications submitted after due date will be rejected summarily.