- 1 Joint MCA Entrance Examination Assam 2017 or JMEE 2017 – Assam Engineering college, Guwahati and Jorhat:
- 2 Eligibility:
- 3 Age Limit:
- 4 Selection Process:
- 5 How to Apply:
- 6 Application Fee/ Processing fee:
- 7 Important Dates:
Joint MCA Entrance Examination Assam 2017 or JMEE 2017 – Assam Engineering college, Guwahati and Jorhat:
Applications are invited from interested eligible candidates for admission into 1st semester classes of MCA course for 2017-18 sessions. Candidates can apply online by filling up the online form available at www.dteassam.in. The candidates will have to appear for Assam Joint MCA Entrance Exam JMEE 2017; the exam will be conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Assam. The selected candidates will be allotted seats in
- Assam Engineering college, Guwahati
- Assam Engineering college Jorhat.
- The interested candidates should have completed graduation or attained a Bachelor’s degree (with minimum three years duration) from a recognized university or institution. The candidate should have studied and passed mathematics; as one of the compulsory subjects in intermediate (10+2) level or while doing graduation.
- The candidate from general category should have secured minimum 50% marks and candidates from SC/ST/OBC categories should have secured minimum 45% marks in their graduation or degree examination.
- Applicants appearing for the final year of graduation are also eligible for applying. In case they are selected for admission they will have to produce the final mark sheet, certificate of qualification that they have attained the graduation degree at the time of admission or within two months of taking admission. Failing to do so will automatically lead to cancellation of their candidature for admission in the course. They will also have to produce all mark sheets up to fifth semester of their degree level for verification at the time of counseling; this will be taken as documentary evidence that he/she has cleared all the subject exams till the fifth semester,
The applicant should be between the age of 20 years to 26 years on 1st day of July 2016.
- The candidates will have to appear for the Joint Admission Examination which will be conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education, Assam. The exam duration will be for three hours. The exam will have a single question paper with four separate sections:
- Mathematics: this section will consist of30 Questions
- Reasoning: this section will consist of30 Questions
- English: this section will consist of 20 Questions
- Fundamental of Computers: this section will consist of 20 Questions
- The whole question paper will be of 400 marks. All the questions will be multiple choice questions. Each question will carry four marks each. A negative marking scheme is also followed in this exam. Candidates will be awarded four marks for every correct answer and one mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
- A merit list of the candidates qualifying in the exam will be prepared. The merit list will be prepared on the basis of the performance and marks obtained in the exam by the candidates. The merit list will be uploaded on the website www.dteassam.in.
- The selected candidates will then be called for counseling and admission into the course.
How to Apply:
- Interested candidates please note they have to apply online to take admission in MCA Course for the session 2017-18 at Assam Engineering College, Guwahati and Engineering College, Jorhat.
- They can start applying online from 15.04.17 to 14.05.17.
- The candidates will have to visit the website www.dteassam.in; here they will find all information related to the admission and selection process. The application form is also available here.
- The candidates are advised to read all the information and instructions well before filling up the form.
- The candidates will also have to make a bank draft of Rs 1000/- drawn in favor of “The Director, Technical Education”, Assam payable at State Bank of India, Kahilipara. They will have to enter the payment details while filling the application form.
- The candidates will also have a scanned copy of a recent passport size photograph and a scan copy of signature of their signature. They will have to upload these while they are filling the application form.
- The candidates are advised to enter all the information asked in the application form. After they are done with the filling they are advised that they cross check all the detail entered into the application form once again for errors and mistakes. Once they are satisfied they can click the submit button.
- Candidates please note that once the application Is submitted no editing or changes can be made in the application form.
- Once the application is accepted they the system will automatically generate registration number. Candidates are advised to note this registration number carefully, as it would be required for future use.
- The candidates then have to take a print out of the online form. They have to sign the application form and attach the bank draft along with it. Both the application form and bank draft together is to be posted through Speed Post to the Directorate.
- If any information provided by the candidate is found to be false or bogus the candidature of the candidate will be cancelled. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- Admit Cards or Hall Tickets can be downloaded from the website from 1st June 2016. Candidates will have to provide the application number and date of birth to download the admit card.
- Candidates please note that no candidate will be allowed to sit in the exams without the admit card.
- The candidates have to select their exam centre carefully and enter the same in the application form. Request for change of exam centre will not be entertained in any circumstance.
Application Fee/ Processing fee:
The applicant have to pay an examination fee of Rs 1000/- in the form of a bank draft drawn in favor of “The Director, Technical Education”, Assam payable at State Bank of India, Kahilipara
- 15.04.17: Candidates can start filling the online application form.
- 14.05.17: Last date for submitting online application form.
- 20.05.17: last date for receipt of bank draft and application form at the directorate office.
- 01.06.17: Candidates can download their admit cards from the website.
- 26.06.17: date of Joint Admission Exam
Advertisement and Application Form Link Details:
All information regarding Assam Joint MCA Entrance Exam or JMEE 2016 can be obtained from the following website – http://www.dteassam.in/docs/Ad-MCA-2016.pdf
Online Application Link – http://dteassamexam.in/dte/jleejmee16/index.php?menu=mcaHome