Job Oriented Courses After 12th Class:
Imagine This! A student who has studied at the same school for 12 long years has passed out with distinction. Now he or she has a make or break choice. What kind of higher education or job oriented courses after 12th class should be pursued for achieving career success and for settling down in life ?
Students facing this tough question would be around 16 to 18 years of age. Teenage years can be confusing and making a life-impacting decision without thought and guidance can be disastrous.
Don’t Rush Into Making A Decision :
- You may think, ” I have done this before.” I opted for the right stream after Class X. So, What is the big deal now?
- Fascination for Science, Profitability of Commerce, and Learning Capacity for Humanities/Arts may have attracted you to pursue a stream back in school.
- The important thing to do now is to assess where you stand this moment.
- How did you perform in Class XI and Class XII? Are you satisfied with your results and merit standing? Have you noticed any discernible change in your attitude to academic streams ?
- Ask the above-mentioned questions and then make a decision regarding the suitable academic stream after 12th.
Decision Should Be Aided By Precision :
- Do not waste too much time after exams. You can do a self-assessment study to figure out your personality type and aptitude.
- Try to take a test and have it evaluated qualitatively to figure out your attitude. You can always figure out your aptitude with the more popular marks-based tests.
- The ambitious aspirants can try IQ, Mensa, and other online aptitude tests.
- The interested candidates can always attempt the previous entrance exam papers related to national level higher education.
- If you are confident and sure about the consistency of your academic inclinations, then you can be straightforward like this –
- The Art stream students can consider art, management, humanities, media, journalism, fashion, and tourism for their higher education.
- The PCB or Biology students can aspire for a career in medicine, pharmaceuticals, scientific research and development, or latest technological studies in Genetics, Microbiology, BT, etc.
- The PCM or Math students can aim for higher studies in Engineering, Information Technology, Architecture, Graduation programmes in Physics, Chemistry, Maths, etc.,
- All the students who finished 12th can also change their academic stream and pursue further studies in management, law, fashion, social work, textiles, and library science.
Find Here – Career Options After 12th Science/Commerce/Arts
List Of Options Available After 12th Standard:
The following list of options can be considered for exercising a choice after 12th Class-
- Engineering and Technology
- Arts and Humanities
- Medical and Veterinary Science
- Management and Business Studies
- Science Graduation
- Commerce Bachelors
Math, Logic, and Analysis:
If your foundation is strong in mathematics, physics, logical reasoning, and analytical skills, then you should seriously consider pursuing Engineering. A penchant for formulae, numbers, and theory has to be combined with the desire to design, invent, build, maintain, process, and improve systems, devices materials, and machines. The specializations are listed below –
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Agricultural Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Food Technology
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Textile Engineering
Market Trends, Biz Buzz, Graphs, and Charts:
Management studies should be taken up by students who aspire for nation building, prosperity, power, and international travel. This popular stream for higher studies requires numerical, communication, social, analytical, decision-making, and other transferable skills along with pragmatism and a practical approach. Challenging and responsible positions in corporations and private organizations can be sought by succeeding in the following specializations and disciplines –
- BBA – Bachelor of Business Administration
- Finance Management
- Human Resource Management
- Event Management
- Marketing Management
- International Business Management
- Operations Management
- Retail Management
I Want To Help, Serve And Heal !:
Medical professions require commitment, long hours of study, service-orientation, helpful nature and compassion. Discipline and determination have to be consistent and meritorious results can ensure a satisfying and rewarding career in Healthcare, Pharmaceutical Companies, Hospitals, Nursing Homes, and Research Laboratories. Independence can also be cherished by practising in private after studying for any of the following –
- Medical Lab Technician
- Occupational Therapy
Degrees For Pedigree:
You might have heard elders say things like – get a degree, graduate first then you can party, go to college and finish your studies, we will see about business later, etc., The desire to graduate and collect a recognised and reputed degree or diploma is found everywhere. The number of courses and colleges that offer this opportunity is a testimony to this fact.
Graduate studies can be pursued in Science, Arts, Commerce, and Humanities before seeking greener pastures in terms of a job, self-employment, or research activity.
Science should be studied in order to be innovative, inventive, and to develop a sharp mind. The following specific subjects can be pursued based on aptitude –
- B. Sc., B. Sc. (Hons.)
- Dairy Technology
- Naturopathy & Yogic Science
Commerce is the life blood of any modern nation. Understanding money, accounts, and economics is vital for successful functioning of any legal ,social, political and technological organization. Commercial understanding of competitive markets opens up new avenues and job opportunities in various private and public sectors. The following professional and service oriented courses can be pursued by Commerce stream students after 12th.
- CS (Company Secretary)
- CA (Chartered Accountant)
- B.El.Ed.– Bachelor of Elementary Education.
- B.SW.– Bachelor of Social Work.
- D.El.Ed.– Diploma in Elementary Education.
Arts & Humanities:
Ambition has to be tempered by talent and creativity has to be unleashed. Arts and Humanities can be pursued by socially active, service-oriented, politically-inclined, and artistic students. The successful graduates can find fruitful positions in Academia, or in Entertainment and Hospitality sectors. They can always seek self-employment using their honed skills and talents. Some of the best options in this stream include media, cultural studies, animation, painting, photography and cookery. The following subjects can be perused for choosing the best option based on talent and desire –
- Law Courses
- Mass Communication
- Aviation & Hospitality Management
- Visual Arts
- Animation & Multimedia
- Hotel Management & Catering
- Fashion Technology
- Literary Arts
- Performing Arts
Best Wishes and Be Lucky!