JEE Main 2018 – Check Complete Details and Apply Now
Joint Entrance Exam (JEE) is an All India test conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). Interested candidates with necessary eligibility criteria are instructed to apply using the online mode starting December. The entrance is conducted for admission into Under Graduate (UG) courses in Engineering and Architecture at Technological Institutes like NIT, IIT, etc., The paper 1 is for admission into BE/ B Tech courses while B Arch/B Planning courses need students to appear for paper 2. Successful students get admitted into 65 Technological Institutes that accept JEE Main 2018 scores. The interested candidates have to ensure eligibility criteria and submit online applications after going through the terms of reference in the official notification. The official portal provides the active links, notifications, and admit cards online in a timely manner. Candidates are instructed to regularly check the online resources for future updates. The JEE Main 2018 examination can be attempted for a total of 3 times only.
The tabulated information for UG programmes is presented below –
|Sl.No.||Programme Name||Educational Institutes||Exam||Eligibility|
|1||Undergraduate Engineering Programme – BE,
B Tech, B Arch,
|NIT, IIIT, Centrally Funded Institutions||Paper 1 ; BE/B Tech||Class 12 – 50%;
JEE Main 2018
The above mentioned eligibility criteria are minimum and essential for qualification. Additional details are provided below –
- 3 Year diploma holders are also eligible for JEE Main 2018 exam.
- JEE Main 2018 Exam is required eligibility for JEE Advanced Test for IIT admissions.
JEE Exam Going to held on – 08th April 2018
The age limits for eligibility to the JEE Main 2018 exam are listed below –
- All applicants should be born on or after October 1,1991.
- SC,ST,PWD Candidates receive 5 years relaxation in age limits.
There will be two papers in the examination. Candidates seeking admission into B.Tech/B.E have to appear for the Paper I. Candidates seeking admission into B.Arch/B.Planning have to appear for the Paper II. Paper I will be for a total of 360 marks with 30 objective multiple choice (OMC) questions of 120 marks each from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Paper II will be for 82 marks with 50 questions for aptitude test, 30 questions from Mathematics test and 2 questions for drawing test. The Exam can be taken in English and Hindi Medium across centres in India. In Gujarat, Candidates have the additional option of taking the test in Gujarati.
JEE Main 2018 Participating Institutes:
The students who succeed in the JEE Main 2018 exam get admitted into various technological colleges and institutes. The admission schedule begins after the results are declared and seat allocation is done on the basis of All India Ranking, State, Category, and availability of seats in the chosen programme or college.
The following participating institutes are listed for the benefit of the aspirants –
- National Institute of Technology – NITs – Across India.
- Indian Institutes of Information Technology – IIITs – Across India.
- Technical Institutes which are funded fully or partially by State and Central Governments.
- Haryana, UP,MP,WB, Maharashtra, Punjab, Gujarat, etc., Counselling
The application fee details for the JEE Main 2018 exam are tabulated here –
Male – Offline Exam
|SC/ST/PWD/ Female Candidates – Offline Exam||General/OBC – Online Exam||SC/ST/PWD/ Female Candidates – Online Exam|
|I or II||1000||500||500||250|
|I & II||1800||900||1300||650|
How to Apply JEE Main 2018:
Candidates interested in participating in the JEE Main 2018 can apply using the following procedure –
- Aspirants have to apply using only the online mode.
- Candidates are not provided any printed application forms.
- The onus of ensuring eligibility criteria rests completely with the candidate.
- Candidates should have to keep ready all the necessary qualifying certificates, mark sheets, and supporting documents.
- The official website can be opened in the browser using the following link – www.jeemain.nic.in
- The application link is activated in December and candidates have to submit applications before the last date.
- Candidates are instructed to read the terms of reference of official notification before sending their applications.
Important Dates :
|Events||Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|Release of JEE Main 2018 Notification||3rd week of November 2017|
|JEE Main Registration Date||1st week of December 2017|
|Facility of Correcting Images||2nd week of December 2017|
|Last Date Of JEE Main Registration 2018||1st week of January 2018|
|Last Date of Fee Payment||1st week of January 2018|
|Opening of Application Form Correction Window||2nd half of January 2018|
|Availability of Admit Card||2nd week of March 2018|
|Examination Date for offline exam(Pen & Paper Based Test)||1st week of April 2018|
|Examination Date for online exam (Computer Based Test)||08th April 2018|
|Answer Key & OMR Sheet Availability||3rd week of April 2018|
|Declaration of Result (Score & Rank)||4th week of April 2018|
The link to the official website of JEE Main is at : http://jeemain.nic.in/WebInfo/Public/View.aspx?page=77