ISM Dhanbad Entrance Exam 2017
ISM Dhanbad which is elaborated as Indian School of Mines, is offering seats to candidates interested in M.Sc., M.Tech, Msc.Tech, in year 2017.
DESCRIPTION ABOUT ISM DHANBAD:
- ISM Dhanbad is offering entrance exams for applicants for following courses for the duration of 2 & 3 years,
- M.Sc. Tech.
- PhD Programmes.
ISM Dhanbad is arranging ISM Entrance Exam for applicants who haven’t appeared for GATE exams.
- Priority is given to the students who have appeared for GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering ).
|NAME OF THE EXAMINATION||ISM EE|
|INSTITUTE||ISM DHANBAD (Indian School of Mines Dhanbad)|
|TYPE OF EXAM||
|ENTRACE FOR COURSES:||
|CATEGORY OF THE EXAMS||Post-graduate|
|PREFERRED STUDENTS||Who have appeared for GATE.|
3.Following are list of courses available:
|1.||M.Sc. Tech (Applied Geophysics)||3 YEARS|
|2.||M.Sc. Tech (Applied Geology)||3 YEARS|
|3.||M.Sc. (Chemistry||2 YEARS|
|4.||M.Sc. (Applied Physics)||2 YEARS|
|5.||M.Sc. (Mathematics & Computing)||2 YEARS|
|6.||Research Programmes :||
- Another LIST OF PROGRAMMES:
|1.||COMPUTER SCIENCE & ENGINEERING|
|2.||ELECTRONICS & COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING|
|4.||ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING|
|7.||INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING AND MANAGEMENT|
|8.||MAINTENANCE ENGINEERING AND TRIBOLOGY|
|12.||MINING MACHINERY ENGINEERING|
|14.||POWER SYSTEM ENGINEERING|
|15.||UNDERGORUND SPACE TECHNOLOGY|
ELIGIBILITY FOR THE FOLLOWING COURSES ARE GIVEN BELOW:
At least 55% aggregate marks, without rounding off, (in Honors/Major/Main subjects) for Un-Reserved/OB Category Candidates and at least 50% aggregate marks, without rounding off, (in Honors/Major/Main subjects) for SC/ST Category candidates. Honors/Major/Main subject must have weightage higher than the other subsidiary.
|COURSE||SUBJECT COMBINATION REQUIRED||DURATION|
|M.Sc. Tech (Geology)||
Geology as Equivalent and two complimentary subjects from Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry.
|M.Sc. Tech (Applied Geophysics)||
|M.Sc (Chemistry )||
|M.Sc (Mathematics and Computing)||
1.In all the above courses, Degree applicants are elgible and should posses the given requirements by the recruiters
- The students applying for AGP course should confirm that they have done Maths (with Mathematics, as subject code not Physics code) as subsidiary subject for 2 yrs/4 semesters.
- Candidates should finished the Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology or equivalent recognising from the UGC/AICTE approved institutes
a Master’s degree in Science (as specified)
- Candidates should have minimum 55% or CGPA/CPI in the point s wise have 5.5 in 10 point scale (without rounding off) and SC/ST candidates need have 50% or CGPA/CPI. The reservation candidates should posses 5.0 points out of 10 points.
- Candidates applying on the basis of GATE must have vaild GATE score card
- Candidates must have studied Mathematics as a compulsory subject in their Intermediate. This clause is not applicable for those who have not studied Intermediate
- Candidates must be below the age of 30 years (Relaxation as per norms).
On the basis GATE scores and personal Interview.
Candidates who get good scores on ISM EE 2016 exam will be selected
ISM EE EXAM PATTERNS:
There will be 3 parts of multiple choice type questions based on the given syllabus:
- Section A: 30 questions and each carrties 1 mark
- Section B: 20 questions and each carrties 2 marks
- Section C: 10 questions and each carrties 3 marks
- Negative marking – 25% weightage
- Applicants, born on or after 01-10-1992, is applicable for admission.
- Age limit is relaxed by 5 years for the for SC/ST/ PD applicant and that of OBC applicants is relaxed by 3 years.
RESERVATION OF SEATS:
Allocated the reservation on Seats:
|PERCENTAGE OF SEATS RESERVED||CLASS||CATEGORY|
|15 %||SC (Scheduled-Castes)|
|7.5 %||ST (Scheduled-Tribe)|
|27 %||OBC (Other Backward Class)||Non-Creamy Layer|
|3 %||PD||As per directions by the government|
|PERCENTAGE OF SEATS RESERVED||CLASS||CATEGORY|
|1 seat each||
||As per instructions of the Government|
FEE-STRUCTURE: (FOR 1st SEMESTER):
|GE/OB/DP/JK/PS/PD||Rs.30,700/- (Rs.5000/- refundable)|
|SC/ST||Rs.22,700/- (Rs.5000/- refundable)|
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT FEES:
- Fees might change from time to time.
- These are the fees at the Time of Admission.
|2 year M.Sc./3 year M.Sc. Tech Programs||29th February 2017||(Monday, 11.00 Hours)|
|M.Tech (2 year & 3 year) & PhD Programs||10th March 2017||(Thursday, 11.00 Hours)|
- Registration must be done by candidates by giving a working Email ID, Contact Number, Name of the applicant, Sex, Father’s and Mother’s Name and password
- A valid URL link will be sent to their working Email with the activation link which must be validated to log in the portal
- After logging in, candidates have to register their personal details, Academic details
- Applicant photograph & Signature scanned as per the specifications must be uploaded
- Candidates subjected to pay the application fee online..
- Candidates must have a copy of application for the reference.
FORM FEE: Rs.1000
- ADDRESS: Dhanbad-826004 (Jharkhand),
- Advertisment NOTIFICATION : F11-4/67-U3, dated 18.9.1967 of Govt. of India),
- PHONE NO.: 0326-2235625;
- EMAIL [email protected]
- WEBSITE www.ismdhanbad.ac.in