IRMA Admission 2017 Through CAT/XAT Scores – PG Diploma, Fellow Programme In Rural Management – Apply Online/Postal – Dec 23/30 Last Dates
Institute of Rural Management, Anand (IRMA) invites applications for Doctoral and PG diplomas in rural management for the year 2017. Candidates with graduation or PG require valid CAT 2016 and XAT 2017 scores to be eligible for IRMA admission test. Eligible candidates have to apply online or send hard copy submissions before the last specified dates. Candidates have to pay the specified fee and upload scans of photo and signature while completing application forms. Selection into courses is done on the basis of admission test merit, Group Activities, and interviews. Students with merit receive scholarships for PG Diploma In Rural Management (PGDRM) programme. Candidates enrolled for Fellow Programme In Rural Management (FPRM) receive stipend as per the IRMA Admission 2017 notification. Enrolled students can avail education loans, campus placements, and fee waivers as applicable. Management has made public the official notifications and activated the online application links on October 1, 2016.
The tabulated information for PGDRM and FPRM is presented below –
|Sl.No.||Programme Name||Programme Description||Fellowship||Eligibility (As of June 12, 2017)|
|1||PG Diploma In Rural Management (PGDRM)||AICTE – approved Doctoral for minimum 3 years||Merit Scholarships; Fee waiver For Below Poverty Line students||10 + 2 + 3 with 50% or equivalent GPA;
|2||Fellow Programme In Rural Management (FPRM)||AICTE – approved full time 2 year PG equivalent to Master’s Degree||Starting – Rs 18000/-
After Comprehensive Qualifying Exam –
Rs 20000/- + Yearly Grant of Rs 20000/-
|IRMA – PGDRM OR
55% PG + 50% UG /
5 yr. PG 60% + 1 year work experience OR
4 yr. PG 60% + 3 year work experience OR
UGC JRF valid scores
The above mentioned eligibility criteria are minimum and essential for qualification. Additional details are provided here as per the IRMA Admission 2017 notification:
- NET qualification for FPRM programme is insufficient.
- SC/ST/OBC/DAP candidates receive 5% relaxation in academic marks for specified qualification degrees and diplomas.
- Foreign nationals, NRI, PIO, Gulf residents also require GMAT/GRE scores after Jan, 2012.
The candidates have to be of appropriate age with requisite qualifications to apply for IRMA Admission 2017. No age relaxations are offered to the applicants for admission into PGDRM and FPRM.
According to the IRMA Admission 2017 notification, the following selection process is implemented –
- Candidates have to ensure eligibility by appearing for and qualifying in the CAT 2016 or XAT 2017 exams.
- Applicants who have PGDM qualification from IRMA along with UGC JRF valid scores in relevant disciplines are exempt from admission tests.
- All other candidates have to take online admission test conducted by IRMA on following topic – ‘Issues Of Social Concern’
- PGDRM students are selected for admission on the basis of admission test scores, group activity, and interviews.
- FPRM students are selected for admission on the basis of merit in test scores, interview, and essay presentation.
- Foreign nationals, Gulf residents, PIO, NRI candidates are selected on the basis of GMAT/GRE, CAT 2016, XAT 2017 scores and telephone interviews.
As per the IRMA Admission 2017 advertisement, candidates admitted into IRMA have following financial opportunities –
- FPRM students receive stipend based on availability of funds with periodic revisions. FPRM aspirants receive monthly stipend of Rs 18000/-
- After completing the Comprehensive Qualifying Exam, FPRM students receive Rs 20000/- per month along with a Yearly Grant of Rs 20000/- for 5 years.
- PGDRM candidates can avail educational loans and there are scholarships for meritorious candidates.
The application fee details for the IRMA programmes are tabulated here –
|Category||Application Mode||Fellow Programme In Rural Management (FPRM)||PG Diploma In Rural Management (PGDRM)||FPRM + PGDRM|
|General & OBC (Non-creamy)||Online||1200/-||1200/-||1600/-|
|SC, ST, Differently Abled People||Online||600/-||600/-||800/-|
|General & OBC (Non-creamy)||Hardcopy||1275/-||1275/-||1675/-|
|SC, ST, Differently Abled People||Hardcopy||675/-||675/-||875/-|
|Below Poverty Line||No Fee|
|Payment Modes||Online Payment Gateway, IMS Learning Centre, SBI Branch|
How to Apply:
Candidates interested in the Programmes can apply using the following procedure –
- Aspirants can send applications either by hardcopy or online mode before specified last dates.
- Candidates wishing to submit online applications can use following link in browser – https://www.irma.ac.in/index.php
- Click the links in following order – Admissions -> Apply Online
- Chose one of the five application methods as appropriate.
- Click the corresponding link, fill the application form, upload scans of photo and signature, and pay the fees if applicable.
- Download and take a print out of the application form for future reference.
- Candidates from below poverty line (BPL) have to send hard copies.
- For FPRM admission, those seeking written test exemption have to submit hard copies along with UGC-JRF or PGDRM (IRMA) self attested certificates.
- Hardcopy applications with payment fee has to be mailed to the following address –
Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA)
Anand – 388 001, Gujarat
The following important dates for PGDRM and FPRM are tabulated as per the IRMA Admission 2017 notification –
|Availability Date For Online/Hard Copy Applications||October 1, 2016|
|Last Date Of Online Applications||December 30, 2017|
|Last Date Of Hard Copy Applications||December 23, 2017|
|Date Of ‘Issues Of Social Concern’ Test||February 12, 2017|
The link to the official website of IRMA is at : https://www.irma.ac.in/index.php
The links to the official notification and the application process are at: Download Notification