Indian Economic Service Syllabus
Are you appearing for Indian Economic Service (IES) and Indian Statistical Service (ISS) Examinations? Then, Check out the latest Indian Economic Service Syllabus on this page! Go through the UPSC IES/ISS Exam Syllabi and UPSC IES /ISS Exam Pattern and prepare according to a plan. On this page we have tabulated all the details including the complete syllabus, subject names and allotted marks. Download the latest Indian Economic Service Syllabus 2017–2018 online and secure high scores for merit list ranking.
Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) recruits regularly for civil services and other Indian Government departments. The candidates have to apply in response to the notifications and appear for the written exam round. Central Government Job aspirants can check the below provided IES/ISS syllabus and exam patterns and resume their exam preparation with renewed vigour. On this single page, We have designed and posted the complete details of the IES Exam Pattern 2017-18 for your benefit. Take a look…
Check now – UPSC Recruitment
UPSC ISS / IES Exam Scheme:
The competitive written examination has the following two selection rounds:
- Part I: Written Examination
The written examination is conducted to shortlist the eligible candidates by evaluating their General Awareness, English Comprehension, and Academic Knowledge in Economics and Statistics for IES and ISS respectively. The candidates have to answer objective and subjective type questions in English within the allotted time limits. Meritorious aspirants who satisfy the cut off criteria are shortlisted for viva voce round.
- PART II: Viva-voce
The short listed candidates have to undergo medical examination and appear for the viva voce with their admit cards. The UPSC board appoints unbiased interview panel to assess the performance of invited candidates and allot them a maximum of 200 marks. The aspirants have to appear in formal dress and answer personal queries and general questions on current affairs topics. The candidates have to display skill, sound judgment, reasoning power, good character, and comprehension abilities.
Check now – UPSC NDA Interview Questions & Answers
UPSC IES/ISS Syllabus:
The following guidelines related to the syllabus are relevant and significant:
- The Statistics and Economics papers will have Master’s degree standards.
- Theoretical understanding, analytical problem solving skills, and facts are vital for writing descriptive / long answers.
- General English paper tests the candidate’s’ comprehension and writing skills.
- General Studies paper has GK and current affairs questions from Indian History, Geography, Constitution, and Polity.
- The scientific subject understanding can be tested in General Studies paper.
Check now – IFS Preparation Books
UPSC IES/ISS Exam Instructions:
- The combined competitive exam is held across various venues in India.
- The exam date and centres can be changed at the discretion of UPSC.
- Download the admit card from the official website and take a print out.
- Arrive early at the exam centre on the specified date at least 1 hour early.
- Carry your e-admission certificate and ID proof for verification.
- Follow fair methods in the examination hall and write legible answers.
UPSC IES/ISS Study Material:
Prepare for the IES Exam after confirming the latest syllabus and exam patterns. Study according to a plan and rely on preparation books and study material. The study material includes standard text books, Yearbooks, English Language Improvement Books, and other popular books of general interest.
Note: Go through all the relevant details of the official website and confirm the IES/ISS 2017-18 Exam pattern and IES syllabus for upcoming selections.
Join us on Facebook, Google Plus, or Twitter, and receive fresh job updates. We will directly post the latest opportunities to your Twitter time line and Facebook wall. Stay connected with our website for future updates on UPSC IES/ISS Syllabus, Admit cards, and results. Subscribe for our free email service and receive all the related updates to your mailbox.
Some Important links to check
|Jobs by Qualification||Career In Indian Railway|
|UPSC Calendar||SSC Calendar|