Indian Economic Service Exam 2017 – UPSC IES/ISS 2017 Exam – Apply Online Today – www.upsc.gov.in – Last Date – 3rd, March, 2017
Indian Economic Service Exam 2017 notice has been released by UPSC. The Commission is conducting competitive exam for filling up vacancies in IES and ISS. Eligible candidates have to register and apply online before the last date of 3rd March, 2017. Go through our below provided details published by our competent website team to understand the application method.
The UPSC Jobs in Indian Economic Service (IES) and Indian Statistical Service (ISS) are filled up with merit candidates who score high marks in the competitive written exam. The final selection is given only after certificate verification and personality test/interview. Make sure you submit applications early and select the closest exam centre. The sooner you apply, the greater the chances of getting the desired exam venue.
Prepare for the subjective type IES exam by concentrating on theory, problem solving, analysis, and practical applications within India. The admit cards and other useful information is updated regularly on this page by our competent website team. So stay connected and bookmarking our useful pages in the browser for future updates or quick reference.
Check here – UPSC Recruitment
UPSC IES and ISS Vacancy Details:
The details for the vacancy in UPSC are tabulated here as per official terms of reference –
|S. No.||UPSC Category||Age Limits||Educational Qualifications||Selection Method|
|1||Indian Economic Service – IES||21 yrs. – 30 yrs. as of 1st Aug; Relaxation Rules Apply||PG – Economics/ Applied or Business Economics / Econometrics||Written Test With Subjective Questions ; Interview/ Viva Voce|
|2||Indian Statistical Service – ISS||Bachelors or Masters – Statistics/ Applied or Mathematical Statistics||Written Test With Objective and Subjective Questions ; Interview/ Viva Voce|
Indian Economic Service Exam 2017 Examination For Engineering Courses:
The following details pertaining to the IES Exam 2017 can be noted by interested aspirants –
Examination Name: Indian Economic Service Exam 2017
Type Of Examination: Written Test With Subjective Type Questions.
Exam Centres: Metro Cities And State Capitals
Examiner: Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)
The eligible candidates have to register online and pay the following processing fee –
|General And OBC Candidates||Rs 200/-|
|SC, ST, PH, And Female Candidates||No Fee|
|Offline Payment||SBI Cash Deposit|
|Online Payment Options||Net banking, Credit/Debit Cards|
The examination pattern and evaluation scheme adopted by UPSC is listed below –
- The exam will have two parts i.e. Part I with written test and Part II with interview.
- The standard of questions will be of graduation level in English and General Studies.
- The subject questions will have higher standard at PG or Masters degree level.
- All the question papers for Indian Economic Service will only be subjective.
- The candidates should be able to display proficiency in theory, facts, problem solving, and India specific problem analyses.
- The exam is set on only in English and you should answer the subjective questions with economy of words in an effective manner using grammatically correct English .
- The answers have to be written in one’s own hand and extra time is not permitted.
- The interview and viva voce during Part II are evaluated in purposeful and critical manner and there is no cross-examination of the candidate.
- The exam paper subjects and marks allotment scheme are given below –
|S. No||Exam Pattern||Name Of Exam||Total Marks||Total Time|
|1||Part I||Written Test||1000||2 to 3 hours|
|2||Part II||Viva Voce/ Interview||–|
|Indian Economic Service|
|S. No.||Subject||Maximum Marks||Allotted Time|
|1||General English||100||3 hours|
|2||General Studies||100||3 hours|
|3||General Economics – I||200||3 hours|
|4||General Economics – II||200||3 hours|
|5||General Economics – III||200||3 hours|
|6||Indian Economics||200||3 hours|
How To Apply IES/ISS Exam:
- UPSC accepts online mode applications only from eligible candidates.
- First you have to open the official website at the link – http://www.upsc.gov.in/
- Next, Click ‘Indian Economic Service and Indian Statistical Service Examination, 2017’
- Study the official notice thoroughly for comprehensive terms of details.
- After that, click the link ‘Online Application for Various Examinations of UPSC”
- Select the ‘Indian Economic Service Examination’ entry in the table for first part.
- Fill in the basic information to receive the registration number.
- In the second part, you have to pay the fee, select the exam centre, and upload scans of photo and signature.
- Finally, Check your email account for system generated confirmation message.
The important dates as per Indian Economic Service Exam 2017 are as follows –
|Release Date Of Official Notification||8th February, 2017|
|Last Date For Online Registration||3rd March, 2017 By 6 PM|
|Date Of Examination||May 2017|
|Date Of e-Admit Cards||3 Weeks Before Exam|
The link to official website of UPSC for submitting applications is at: http://www.upsc.gov.in/
The links to the official notices: http://www.upsc.gov.in/sites/default/files/Notice_IES_ISS_Examination_2017_N.pdf
Online registration process – https://upsconline.nic.in/upsc/mainmenu2.php