Income Tax Department Recruitment 2017 – Tax Officers, Inspectors, LDC, AO & PS Cadre, Steno, Driver, TA, etc., – 20750 Posts Vacant !
Income Tax Department Recruitment 2017: The Income Tax Department has released a vacancy notification for a large number of positions. You can apply online after checking the official advertisement for eligibility requirements. The academic qualifications for the above positions include SSC, HSC, Diplomas, BSc, B Com, BA, etc,. Interested aspirants can visit the official website to submit online applications before last date. A valid email id and mobile phone number, scans of documents and photo, and other testimonial photocopies should be kept ready by the applicants.
Income Tax Department Vacancy Details
The Income Tax Department has released the following vacancy details in the advertisement –
|Sl. No.||Job Title||Age Limits|
|1||Income Tax Officer||Minimum Age – 18 years.
Maximum Age – 35 years.
SC, ST – 5 years
OBC – 3 years
|4||Inspector Of Income Tax|
|6||TA/Steno Grade II/ Driver|
|Total Posts – 20750|
The educational qualifications required include Diploma and school certificates such as HSC and Matriculation. Aspirants should have passed their Bachelor’s Degree in Science or Mathematics and Statistics. Income Tax Department desires candidates who have high school certificates, degrees and diplomas only from recognised school boards/colleges/universities. The Typing skill requirements for relevant posts include Hindi speed of 15 wpm and English speed of 20 wpm.
- Minimum age limit for all candidates is 18 years.
- Maximum age limit for qualification is 35 years.
- Candidates from OBC Community receive 3 years relaxation in upper age limit.
- The age relaxation is up to 5 years for SC,ST candidates.
The Income Tax makes recruitment based on the qualification criteria and performance in the written test. Aspirants who qualify in the written test are eligible for attending the interview. Candidates who give merit performance in the written test and the correct responses in the interview have a good chance of getting appointments.
The selected candidates are paid monthly salaries as per the Government rules. The income tax department offers appropriate pay band and grade pay as per the job title and cadre. The selected employees also receive impressive bonuses based on their performance on the job.
How to Apply Income Tax Department Jobs:
- The aspirants are advised to keep ready scans of documents, photo, signature.
- The eligible candidates have to submit online applications at the following website – www.incometaxindia.gov.in
- Under the “What’s New” section, Click the appropriate notification link.
- Read all the official terms of reference for eligibility criteria and selection method.
- Click the Apply Online link and fill the application form with correct details.
- Submit the application form after verifying the input information.
- For reference, Download and take a printout of the application form.
As per the Income Tax Department Recruitment 2017 Notification, The following important dates are mentioned –
|Date Of Official Notification||Coming Soon|
|Start Date For Application Submission||2017|
|Last Date For Application Submission||2017|
The link to official website of Income Tax Department is at: www.incometaxindia.gov.in
Income Tax Department Recruitment 2016 Gujarat – Income Tax Inspector, Tax Assistant, and Multi- Tasking Staff posts
Income Tax Department has put forth an employment notice on their official website related to vacancies they have in their department with the title such as Income Tax department Recruitment 2016. The posts they have entitled to offer jobs for are for Income Tax Inspector, Tax Assistant, and Multi- Tasking Staff posts and they have been in search of interested and eligible candidates for the same. This employment notice will enable the applicants to know all about the process, which category they must fit in of sports, what must be their salary, how much seats are empty, what is the deadline, etc. One who is deeply interested to apply, can go through the proficiency test put forth by the department and tuck in their Qualification documents and submit on the counter before the deadline passes away .
Based on the employment notice liberated by Income Tax department, they have given list of vacancies for the posts they are offering; details about them are below,
|Sr.no||Name of the Post||Number of Vacancies|
|1.||Inspector of Income Tax||7(Gen:5, OBC: 1, SC: 1)|
|2.||Tax-Assistant||19(Gen:11, OBC:4, SC:3,ST:1)|
|3.||Multi-Tasking staff||21(Gen:12, OBC:5, SC:3, ST:1)|
|Total Vacancies||47 seats|
- One can submit the post name in their form or specify during the interview.
On basis of advertisement given by Income Tax department they have given list of wants they see in their applicant,
- One with Graduation from any well-known university will be accepted.
- The applicant must have represented in any International Competition.
- They must have been cleared Department of Youth affairs and sports, State/UT in any National Competition,
- The applicant must have represented In Inter-University Tournaments and State schools Team in National sports,
- One who is a sportsperson awarded nationally for physical efficiency will also be accepted.
- One must be able to prove and provide above documents for their selection.
Age criteria is a matter of importance which has been decided by the department which is,
|Name of the Post||Age-Limit|
|Inspector of Income Tax||Not Less than 18 years not more than 27 years|
|Tax-Assistant||Not Less than 18 years not more than 27 years|
|Multi-Tasking staff||Not Less than 18 years not more than 25 years|
Age relaxations will also be granted on providing documents:
|General OR OBC||5 Years|
|SC OR ST||10 Years|
On basis of advertisement given by Income Tax department they have given list of procedure one has to go through to be selected,
- All applications will be collected and proper and eligible candidates will be selected through hand picking.
- All required eligibility will be matched and then the person matching the maximum will be selected.
- The selected ones will be called for Ground OR Proficiency Test.
- In case if the applications received are more, a short-list will be displayed directly(if Ten times the total vacancy available)
- Field trials will be taken and marking will be done.
- A shortlist based on the trial will be displayed.
- Then a written examination will be taken of the selected ones.
- If one is selected for the post of Tax assistant they will be told to give additional test of Computer skill test as per the recruitment rule.
After going through above all process, once one has been selected they will be paid following amount of pay,
|Name of the Post||Pay-scale|
|Inspector of Income Tax||9300 INR-34800 INR(plus grade pay of 4800 INR)|
|Tax-Assistant||5200 INR-20200 INR (Plus grade pay of 2400 INR)|
|Multi-Tasking staff||5200 INR-20200 INR (Plus grade pay of 1800 INR)|
How to Apply:
Following are some details of steps given for applying for the above post in Income Tax department,
- The very first step is that one has to visit the official website which is www.recruit.incometaxgujarat.org
- The website will have all the data and instructions which one must read carefully.
- On the homepage one must click on the tab “Recruitment of Meritorious Sports Persons in the Income Tax department, Gujarat” and must be clicked.
- The link will open, containing all instructions about the post which are vacant, one must read it and click on “I Agree” tab
- Then “apply now” tab must be chosen, which will open a link which will show the application form.
- But, first the website will ask oneself to “sign in” or register.
- Proper details must be filled and “okay or submit” must be chosen.
- Account must be logged in and then all details must be filled.
- Scanned documents must be uploaded.
- Passport photographs must be uploaded.
- The filled form must be printed
Conditions of Employment
- Once one has been selected for any job post, they will be posted at any area in Gujarat.
- One will not be transferred or be liable to be transferred before completion of their 10 years duration serving the job.
The date which is given below must be followed to avoid any missing of any given procedure,
|Last date to submit forms||18/9/2016|
The official Income tax department recruitment – Download Notification