IIT Madras Recruitment 2017 – Assistant Professor and Associate Professor posts
IIT Madras Recruitment 2017 – There are vacancies for the posts of Assistant Professor and Associate Professor at the Indian Institute of Technology Madras.
The selection panel of IIT Madras invites eligible and deserving candidates to apply for the temporary posts of JAssistant Professor and Associate Professor under two different projects.
The Indian Institute of Technology Madras has issued Advertisements under the IIT Madras Recruitment 2016, to recruitment talented and deserving eligible candidates for the post of Junior Research Fellow under the project ‘DAE’ on ‘Investigating the Receptor Binding Abilities of radiolabeled Apelin peptide to its cognate GPCR (APJ Receptor) with potential for drug discovery’ and for the post of Project Associate under a research project funded by National Institute of Ocean Technology, Ministry of Earth Science at Department of Ocean Engineering, IIT- Madras. Both these projects have an initial tenure of 1 year, which may be extended according to the selected Candidate’s performance.
IIT Madras Recruitment Notification Details:
Any kind of Notification regarding vacancies at IIT Madras or information regarding the on-going projects is available on the official website of IIT Madras.
IIT Madras Recruitment Vacancy Details:
There is only one vacancy for each post at IIT Madras under different projects, as mentioned above.
The required qualifications necessary for an applicant to apply for a post under IIT Madras differs with the applying post. The mandatory qualifications for the applicants according to the applying post are given below.
For Junior Research Fellow:
- The applicant must have acquired a MSc. Degree in Industrial Microbiology/ Biotechnology or any other equivalent degree from any recognized University or Institution, preferably with a CSIR/ UGC-NET qualification.
- The applicant must have some work experience in Experimental Molecular Biology and protein Structure- function studies.
For Project Associate:
- The applicant must have acquired a B.Tech/ M.Tech/ M.S. degree in Mechanical Engineering/ Aerospace Engineering/ Ocean Engineering or any other related Engineering or any other Science Discipline from any recognized University or Institution with good academic records.
- Along with the above mentioned mandatory qualifications, a few skills are also required as necessary for the applicants to have. Those skills are given below.
- The applicant must have good verbal/ writing skills in English and a good control over language.
- The applicants must have good programming knowledge using FORTRANS/ C/ C++
- The applicant must be an expert in computational fluid dynamics/ turbulent flow/ turbo machinery.
- The candidate should also have understanding of ocean waves/ current / tide.
- The applicant should have good Optimization methods/ statistical analysis.
- The applicant should have a good knowledge of turbo machinery simulation using Open foam as an advantage.
- The age limit of the applicants will be later decided by the Organization.
- Any relaxation in age of the applicants will only occur in a few selected cases in accordance with the Government of India rules.
- For the post of Junior Research fellow SC/ ST candidates will be preferred.
- Candidates will be shortlisted from the total number of applicants on the basis of their Qualifications, past experiences and academic records.
- The shortlisted candidates will then have to appear for a written examination and a personal interview.
- Candidate clearing all the above steps will be selected for the respective posts by the Selection Panel of IIT Madras.
- The qualifications and skills of the applicant will be the most important aspect for the applicants. The final decision will be taken after the personal interview of the applicants by the Interviewing jury, and it will be unquestionable.
The salary structure of the candidates differs according to their posts. The amount of salary will be fixed and any negotiations in the salary on the part of the applicants is neither expected nor appreciated.
For Junior Research Fellow:
The selected candidates will get a monthly fellowship of Rs. 25,000/- Besides this the applicants will also get 30% HRA as salary for being selected in Indian Institute of Technology jobs.
For Project Associate:
The candidate will have to start their job at a consolidated monthly payment of Rs. 25,000/-
How to Apply:
The application process for the applicants is essentially the same for both the posts.
- The applicants will have to visit the official website of IIT Madras.
- On the homepage, the applicants will have to choose and open the link as per their applying posts.
- Afterwards, the applicant will have to select on the pdf link as peer their applying post
- To this, a pdf will be opened, which should be read by the applicant very carefully.
- The applicants will then have to prepare an application as per the mentioned format. The format of the application is mentioned below, in the ‘Note’ section.
- Attaching the attested copies of all the required documents and affixing the photograph, the application should be sent to the respective postal address of the Co-ordinators according to the applying post. The postal addresses to which the application should be sent according to the applying post are mentioned in the ‘Note’ section.
- The application and copies of the documents should be sent in an envelope, super scripted with the name of the post.
Application Fee/ Processing Fee:
There is no application fee to apply for either the post of Junior Research Fellow or the post of Project Associate.
- The last date to apply for the post of Assistant Professor is 23th April, 2017.
- The last date to apply for the post of Associate Professor is 23th April 2017.
Advertisement and Application Form Link Details:
The official website of IIT Madras is given below. iitm.ac.in
IIT Madras Recruitment 2017 Assistant Professor and Associate Professor Notification: Download now
The applicants applying for the post of Junior Research fellow can refer to the following email ID.
The applicants applying for the post of Project Associate can refer to the following email ID.
- The applications of the applicants should be sent in the following format.
- Date of Birth
- Educational Qualifications
- The applicants applying for the post of Junior Research Fellow should send their applications on the following postal address:
Dr. GOPAL KRISHNA A
DEPARTMENT OF BIOTECHNOLOGY
CHENNAI- 600 036
- The applicants applying for the post of Project Associate should send their applications on the following postal Address:
Dr. ABDUS SAMAD
DEPARTMENT OF OCEAN ENGINEERING
INDIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY MADRAS
CHENNAI- 600 036