IIT Kharagpur Recruitment 2016 – JRF/SRF/RA/PE and Other Job Posts
The positions (temporary) of Junior and Senior Research Fellows, Junior and Senior Project Officers, Project Engineer, and Research Assistant for various departments are available according to a notification issued by IIT Kharagpur Recruitment 2016.
According to notification issued by IIT Kharagpur Recruitment 2016, the Project’s Administrative Office invites applicants to apply for the positions of Senior and Junior Research Fellows, Project Officers, Research Assistant, and Project Engineers. Walk-in interviews are also scheduled for four positions in CSE and School of IT departments. The total number of vacancies available is 29 Nos.
According to notification issued by IIT Kharagpur Recruitment 2016, The institute undertakes various projects that are time bound. These projects are initiated and supervised by various Schools, Departments and Centres belonging to the institute. Selected candidates will work on projects in various fields like Computer Science, IT, Electronics and Communications, Agriculture, Food Engineering, Humanities and Social Science. Candidates with initiative and a flair for research will work in junior and senior positions commensurate with their qualifications.
IIT Kharagpur Recruitment Notification Details:
An official notification was issued by the Administrative Officer for Projects at IIT Kharagpur’s Sponsored Research & Industrial Consultancy. The notification has been issued for the benefit of eligible candidates and invites them to apply for projects that are time-bound. The notification also informs candidates who are eligible and interested to walk-in for an interview . The walk-interviews are for JRF/SRF posts in Departments of Computer Science and Engineering, Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, and the School of IT. Interviews will be held only for qualified candidates, and they should give prior notice by email along with their CV.
IIT Kharagpur Recruitment Vacancy Details:
The Vacancy available according to the IIT Kharagpur Recruitment 2016 is for research work, for which the details are given below –
|S.no||Post Name||No. of Posts||Salary||Walk-in Date and Time||Application Last Date|
|1||JPO||2||20000/- 25000/-||19th July, 2016 at 9-30 AM||19/07/2016|
|20th July, 2016 at 4-00 PM||19/07/2016|
|4, one each||34000/-
|2||25,000/-28,000/-||3rd August, 2016 at 9-00 AM||03/08/2016|
|13||JRF||1||25,000/-||3rd August, 2016 at 9-00 AM||03/08/2016|
|16||SRF||1||25,000/- to 28,000/-||–||10/08/2016|
JRF/SRF – Junior /Senior Research Fellow; JPO/SPO – Junior /Senior Project Officer
RA – Research Assistant
As per the advertisement issued by the IIT Kharagpur Recruitment 2016, the required qualification for the different posts are as relevant to different departments. Senior positions require desirable experience which is relevant to the field of study. The qualifications that are essential and desirable for various posts are listed below according to Sl.No. from above table:
- CSE B. Tech or higher or equivalent ; 7.5 CGPA or 70% marks
- Knowledge in web technologies like J2EE, jQuery,etc., and RDBMS skills.
- 3 yrs. experience candidates get relaxation in eligibility.
- JRF: CSE/IT M.Tech with CGPA 8 or 75% plus 85% in school. / B. Tech (CSE or IT.) with CGPA 8 or 75% plus 85% in school; good scores in GATE or NET
- SRF: JRF qualification above plus 2 yrs. experience in research
- JRF :M. Tech in Materials Science or Engineering/ Metallurgical or Nanoscience & Tech. with experience in Phase transformation, Microstructure analyses, Heat-treatment, Polycrystalline material, is preferred.
- SRF :M Tech plus 2 yrs. experience proved by published papers in above mentioned subjects and projects for JRF
- RA :PhD in above mentioned subjects and projects for JRF
- PE – ME or M.Tech with First Class in CS or Electronics ; 2 yr. work in Computer Networking and VLSI design – EDA tool management
- iv) B Tech or BE in Instrumentation or Electronics . 1-2 yr. work in Board level testing & assembling, PCB design, instrument maintenance,Soldering. Diploma Engineer in Instrumentation or Electronics or Electrical should have 4-5 yrs. work experience similar to B, Tech.
- M. Tech or ME in Electronics and specialization in VLSI & Microelectronics . 1-2 yrs. SOC design Experience
- B.Tech or BE in Electronics plus 1-2 yrs. VLSI layout & design experience.
- JRF :M.Tech OR ME / M.Sc. in CSE/IT/ECE with valid GATE/NET score. Preferred experience in Xilinx FPGAs and CAD tools System design,implementation
- SRF : JRF qualifications with 2 yrs. as researcher
- PGe in Management or Commerce or Economics
- BE or BTech plus MBA.
- Survey Knowledge which should be data collection based .
- Econometrics ,statistical packages,tools hands-on experience.
Relevant Experience for RA will be Valid GATE Score/UGC-CSIR-NET/ UGC-NET .
- M.Tech or ME in Telecommunication & Electronics plus Microwave Engineering specialization .
- Life Sciences/ Allied subjects M.Sc and 2 yrs. as researcher
- (Biotechnology/ Chemical Engineering/Biomedical Engineering/) M.Tech or M. Pharm (no research experience needed but welcome)
- Valid GPAT or GATE score or NET plus equivalent qualification of relevance
- Minimum 60% marks and academic track must be good.
- LC-MS and GC-MS expertise is preferred.
- 7.5/10 GPA is minimum or 70% marks in M. Tech / ME / Electrical /MS in Electronics and Communications Engineering. For SC/ST after relaxing 7/10 CGPA & 60% marks
- 1)B.Tech in ECE /EE or a M.Tech in EE/ECE or Physics M.Sc. & Electronics or Photonics specialization
- 2)valid NET or CSIR or score in GATE
- 3)First class from higher secondary.
Candidate travels to Russia, so passport desirable. Previous applicants please refrain.
- JRF M.Tech or ME in CSE/ECE/IT or IT/CSE/ECE B.Tech with 80% marks min. or CGPA 8.0 from Tenth std. plus valid NET/GATE score.
- SRF JRF qualifications plus 2 yrs. as researcher.
Relevant Experience is cryptography . Exceptional candidates get relaxation.
- JRF: M. Tech / ME or equivalent in information Technology, Computer Science & Engineering, Electronics & Comm. Engg or Electrical Engg. Or equivalent, with minimum 70% marks throughout, starting from Class X ;BE /B. Tech or equivalent in ECE,CS,IT, or Electrical Engg. or an equivalent with 85% minimum from Class X, plus high GATE/NET score with validity
- SRF: JRF qualifications plus 2 yrs. as researcher
ME /M. Tech or equivalent in Electrical Engg/IT/CS/ECE. Or equivalent plus 70% marks from Class X .
- Tech. in Electrical / Electronics, with experience in Programming
- M. Tech. in Agricultural or Water Resources or Civil Engineering/Remote Sensing/Electronics plus image processing specialization with or without Computer Science or
- M. Sc. in Remote Sensing/Soil Science/Microbiology plus NET/GATE valid score
- M. Tech. in Industrial Automation or Robotics and control or Mechatronics or Electronics Engineering or Machine Design or Farm Machinery and Power. or
- B. Tech. in Electronic Engineering /Mechanical/CS plus 2 yrs. working on Robotics & controls.
Relevant Experience in Image processing, MATLAB Programming, Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers preferred.
- M.S. or M. Tech. in CSE/School of IT, ,Electrical Engg.,ECE, M.Stat. i.e.Master of Statistics or
- B.Tech. in above subjects plus GATE/NET valid score.
- 75% marks or more from Higher Secondary along with B.Tech 1st Class (> 6.5 CGPA) plus M.Tech. 1st class in (> 6.5 CGPA).
Relevant Experience in Computer Vision or Digital Image Processing, Digital Signal Processing, Pattern Recognition, Neural networks, Machine learning, Probability Theory courses. Python, C, C++, Matlab programming skills must be good.
As per the advertisement issued by the IIT Kharagpur Recruitment 2016, the age limit is not specified for the posts.
As per the advertisement issued by the IIT Kharagpur Recruitment 2016, the applications submitted by eligible candidates with necessary attestations will be examined, the candidates will be shortlisted based on experience and qualifications, and interviewed for subsequent selection. The notification informs the selected candidates that they shall be permitted to register for MS or PhD . This is however subject to requirement fulfilment for admissions to MS or PhD programs
The first two walk-ins mentioned in the above table are at Department of Computer Science and Engineering, 2nd Floor, Takshashila Building, IIT Kharagpur. The posts with Sl.No. 12 and 13 in above table have the walk-ins at School of Information Technology, Takshashila Building.
As per the advertisement issued by the IIT Kharagpur Recruitment 2016, the salaries are clearly mentioned in the above table for various posts. The salary structure varies depending on the post and the department and are in the range of 12,000/- to 36,000/- and are commensurate with qualifications and experience of selected candidates.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates are requested to apply on a plain paper. They have to submit a full bio-data with “SRIC Reference” written on the top of the application. In addition, the attested copies for all testimonials should be attached. A demand draft (DD ) has to be drawn as application fee. It must be in IIT Kharagpur favour and should be payable at Kharagpur on or before last date mentioned for each application in the above table.
The candidates who are eligible can walk-in for an interview with relevant documents, testimonials, etc., for four vacancies as mentioned in the above table. They have to come prepared after paying the application fee. Exemption for fee is provided for females, and the fee is not payable for some posts. Additional details are available at the website, and the applications can be sent to:
Administrative Officer (Projects)
Sponsored Research and Industrial Consultancy
Indian Institute of Technology
The last dates for application receipt as well as the time, date, and venue for four walk-ins are mentioned in the above table. The walk-ins are scheduled for 19 and 20 July for first two posts while for remaining two posts they are on 3rd August.
Advertisement and Application Form Link Details:
The official website is at:http://www.iitkgp.ac.in/
The official notification with links to additional details for each post is available at: http://www.iitkgp.ac.in/topfiles/sric_job.php
The positions mentioned in the notification are only temporary assignments and are under the title of Sponsored Research and Industrial Consultancy. Exceptions are made based on merit and exceptional abilities for some posts and relevant authorities’ discretion is final.
IIT Kharagpur Recruitment 2016 notification for various Posts at www.iitkgp.ac.in
IIT Kharagpur, which can be abbreviated as Indian institute of technology, Kharagpur is an engineering institution for public which is eventually set up by the Government of India. The firm was set up first in the year 1951. This was the first ITT firm and is considered to be national-importance by the country for that sort. Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru saw a dream of making India self-sufficient and so the institute was set up in order to train engineers and the scientists after 3 years of India’s independence. So, IT provides various job-opportunities to applicants who wish to apply for the firm and do something good and remarkable for the society and the country as well. The students and the Administration of IIT Kharagpur are called as ”KGPians”.Among all the IITs present in the country, IIT Kharagpur is considered to be the most vivid and largest one of all having about 2100 acres of campus.
Opportunities are being provided in IIT Kharagpur for filling up vacancies for job in various categories some of them are Junior Research fellow, Research assistant, etc. Jobs are given in the administration field pertaining to vivid job posts in Kharagpur .Websites are being continuously updated often for job vacancies. There would be more updates to be forecasted, so the applicants must be updated daily in order to hunt down jobs available in IIT Kharagpur This month, however, Government jobs are being available and offered to interested applicants. The applicants who wish to apply for the same and have ambition to do something in IIT works as a career, can apply and be updated, likewise.
Indian institute of technology, Kharagpur is offering 29 seats or job positions in the Institute. Applicants can fill out the forms and submit within thirty days of the notification first updated.
|1.||Junior Research fellow-1||2 seats|
|3.||Junior Project officer
|4.||Junior Or Senior Research fellow||1 seat|
|5.||Junior Or Senior Research fellow||1 seat|
|7.||Research Associate (WWM)||1 seat|
|8.||Project assistant MFI||2 seats|
|10.||Junior Research Fellow (large energy deficits)||1 seat|
|11.||Junior Research Fellow(Measurement in management)||1 seat|
|12.||Junior Or Senior Research fellow(water management)||1 seat|
|13.||Junior Or Senior Research fellow(in Architecture, Iconography, Archaeology)||1 seat|
|14.||Junior Project assistant TIV||1 seat|
|15.||Junior Research Assistant(GAE)||1 seat|
|16.||Junior Or Senior Research fellow(HPF)||1 seat|
Job-profile of the Vacancies:
|1.||Junior Research fellow-1||Friction Stir welding of aluminum and steel sheet metals for automobile components|
|2.||JRF-2||Development of a single stage, isolated PV-Micorinverter with MPPT, Battery charging capability and Low coupling Capacitance.|
|3.||Junior Project officer
|Setting up teaching learning center for Design, Pedagogy and Research.|
|4.||Junior Or Senior Research fellow||Microencapulation of phase change material using fluidic method|
|5.||Junior Or Senior Research fellow||In situ learning of uranium|
|7.||Research Associate (WWM)||WWM|
|8.||Project assistant MFI||MFI|
|9.||Physiotherapist||Evaluating Clinical feasibility and effect of Neuromuscular electrical stimulation, Therapy of quadriceps.|
|10.||Junior Research Fellow (large energy deficits)||High energy and power density solutions to large energy deficits|
|11.||Junior Research Fellow(Measurement in management)||Improved water use efficiency, and agricultural productivity using micro sensor method|
|12.||Junior Or Senior Research fellow(water management)||Water management while using hydrofracking operation of shale gas field|
|13.||Junior Or Senior Research fellow(in Architecture, Iconography, Archaeology)||Archaeology of Chandraketugarh|
|14.||Junior Project assistant TIV||TIV|
|15.||Junior Research Assistant(GAE)||GAE|
|16.||Junior Or Senior Research fellow(HPF)||HPF|
Applicants who wish to apply for IIT Kharagpur must have following qualifications:
One must be a B.Tech OR M.tech OR B.E. OR Ph.D or Post-Graduate OR MBA or Graduate OR B.Sc or in any subject equivalent to above stated subjects from any recognized institute or university
- Age-limit range will be displayed and decided by Kharagpur board.
- There are separate relaxations granted for Other Backward classes, Scheduled Caste, Scheduled tribes and Unreserved categories. The candidate is required to submit the respective documents to gain reservations in this matter.
|1.||Junior Research fellow-1||25000 INR|
|3.||Junior Project officer
|4.||Junior Or Senior Research fellow||25000 INR|
|5.||Junior Or Senior Research fellow||28000 INR|
|7.||Research Associate (WWM)||36000 INR|
|8.||Project assistant MFI||12000-18000 INR|
|10.||Junior Research Fellow (large energy deficits)||25000-28000 INR|
|11.||Junior Research Fellow(Measurement in management)||25000-28000 INR|
|12.||Junior Or Senior Research fellow(water management)||25000-28000 INR|
|13.||Junior Or Senior Research fellow(in Architecture, Iconography, Archaeology)||25000-28000 INR|
|14.||Junior Project assistant TIV||15000 INR|
- Selection will be done just by the interview by IIT board.
- Applicant will be e-mailed for further process and whether they are being called for interview process.
- In interview, the applicant will be judged on their presence of their mind and answering skills.
- All the Applications submitted will be verified and accordingly, candidates selected will be shortlisted.
- The list will be either displayed on the website itself, or either the applicant will be sent notification through email.
- When the applicant has completed their Interview or written test, they will be called for the next round through email. Henceforth, valid email must be submitted.
- Also, the call-letter might not be sent through mail and hence, the applicant must maintain the print out and carry with them while reaching the premises for further round.
- The shortlisted applicants according to the merit or according to reservation will be displayed.
How to Apply:
- Applications forms from the official website which is www.iitkgp.ac.in must be downloaded, filled and submitted.
- For some categories of posts one is required to go for walk-in interview directly, for that one must carry all required testimonials and id proof with them, on the spot they will be notified whether they are hired or not.
- All Application forms must be submitted Online only, and no posted documents or forms will be accepted.
- All the required documents must be submitted, cross-checked, verified.
- Attested or not, the documents must be submitted likewise.
- Notifications details and updates must be looked after by the applicant to avoid any important detail or date to skip.
- Forms must be submitted well before the deadline; submissions before the deadline will only be accepted otherwise, will be considered invalid
- Incomplete forms or unsigned forms will be considered as invalid and will not be accepted.
- Minimum of 3 photographs are needed to be attached.
- Extra pair of copies must be maintained with the applicant for further use.
|Sr.no||Job-Post||Last date of form submission|
|1.||Junior Research fellow-1||20/05/2016|
|3.||Junior Project officer
|4.||Junior Or Senior Research fellow||26/05/2016|
|5.||Junior Or Senior Research fellow||31/05/2016|
|7.||Research Associate (WWM)||2/06/2016|
|8.||Project assistant MFI||3/06/2016|
|10.||Junior Research Fellow (large energy deficits)||24/5/2016|
|11.||Junior Research Fellow(Measurement in management)||26/5/2016|
|12.||Junior Or Senior Research fellow(water management)||31/5/2016|
|13.||Junior Or Senior Research fellow(in Architecture, Iconography, Archaeology)||31/5/2016|
|14.||Junior Project assistant TIV||2/06/2016|
Advertisements And Link details:
- http://www.iitkgp.ac.in/topfiles/sric_job.php (Advertisement)
- One can go on the Official website for any redressal (www.iitkgp.ac.in)