IIT Guwahati Recruitment 2016 – Vacancies for temporary posts of Senior Research Fellow, Junior Research Fellow and two attendants
The Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati invites applicants to apply for the vacancies at IIT Guwahati through walk-in interviews. The jobs are well-paying and require hardworking eligible candidates for the posts of Senior and Junior Research Fellow and two attendants.
Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati recruits candidates for the temporary posts of Senior and Junior Research Fellow and attendants in the research project ‘Design and Development of proper bonding mechanism of individual AAC block units in well system of a structure’ which is sponsored by Department of Science and Technology, New Delhi with their industrial partner KD Infra, Guwahati. These temporary posts of the candidates are initially for 1 year and are most likely to be extended up to 3 years.
Any details or information regarding the walk-in interview, or the selected candidates after the interview will be available on the official website of Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati.
IIT Guwahati Job Vacancy Details:
The vacancy details of the various posts are as given below.
|Sr. No.||Name of the Vacancy||Number of vacancies|
|1||Senior Research Fellow||1 no.|
|2||Junior Research Fellow||1 no.|
|3||Attendant 1||1 no.|
|4||Attendant 2||1 no.|
As there are very limited vacancies for the posts at the Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, the candidates should come with proper documents and a CV.
The qualification of the applicants differs with the posts they are applying for. The required qualifications are as follows.
For Senior Research Fellow:
The applying candidate must either have a Bachelor’s degree in the stream Civil Engineering with an experience of the 3 years or the applying candidate must have a M. Tech degree in Civil Engineering.
For Junior Research Fellow:
The applying candidate must either have a bachelor’s degree in mechanical Engineering or a Bachelor’s degree in Production Engineering.
Attendants 1 & 2:
The applying candidate must have completed his education at least till 10th Std.
Check Here – Jobs in Assam
The age limit of the applying candidate will be in accordance with the rules and norms of Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati. Any Reservation or relaxation in the upper age limit will be in accordance with the Government of India laws.
Selection of the candidates will be through walk-in interviews. The qualifications and past work experiences of the applicant will be very important. Though only 3 years of work experience is required for applying for a senior Research Fellow, more experience will be better. Also a good academic record of the candidate will cast a positive effect in the qualifying performance of the applying candidate. The performance of the applicant in the interview will also be very important. The decision of selecting appropriate candidates for the vacant posts is completely on the interviewing jury. Thus, the applicants are suggested to come with their proper CV and documents and come prepared for the interview.
Check Here – Interview Questions with Answers
The salary structure changes along with the applying posts of the applicants. The salary structure of the applicant according to the posts they are applying is given below. Though the salary of the job is enough but a good amount gets added to the salary of Senior research fellow every month in the form of HRA and medical. Thus the salary for the various vacant posts is as given.
- The monthly salary for the job of a Senior Fellow Researcher is Rs. 28000/- per month along with the HRA and medical.
- For the job of the Junior Research Fellow, the consolidated salary of the month is nearly Rs. 28000 /-.
- Also for the job of the attendant 1, the candidate will get Rs. 9000/- along with HRA and medical as per the rules.
- For the job of attendant 2, the monthly salary is Rs. 8000/- consolidated.
Check here – Latest Government jobs
How to Apply IIT Guwahati Jobs:
- To apply for the vacant posts at Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, the applicants have to appear for the interview at the given time and venue with the application form, the applicant’s latest CV and all the required documents of the applicant.
- The application form for applicants’ is available on the official website of Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati, along with all other useful information regarding the vacancies.
- The candidates should bring the original documents for the verification of age, qualifications, work experience, etc. and attested copy of the CV and each of the documents.
- When the candidates reach for the interview they need to report to the PI Dr. U. S. Dixit or the Co- PI Dr. Arun Ch. Borsaikia, Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Guwahati, Guwahati- 781039.
Application Fee/ Processing Fee:
Since the selection process of the candidates is through walk-in interview, there is no processing fee for the job. Any details regarding the Application Fee will be available on the official website of Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati along with the application form and details of how to pay that application fee.
The date of the walk-in interview is 11th July, 2016 at 10 am.
Advertisement and Application Form Link Details:
Any information regarding the vacancies at IIT Guwahati, or details regarding the walk-in interviews or the application form is available on the official website of the Indian Institute of Technology Guwahati.
Check Here – IIT Guwahati Recruitment Notification
Also the email ID of the PI Dr. U.S. Dixit and Co-PI Dr. Arun Ch. Borsaikia might prove useful for the candidates to report to them. Hence, their email IDs are as given below.
- Any applicant can apply for more than one post at the same time, but he/she will have to fill separate forms for all the applying jobs and hence give separate interviews for all of them.
- As the vacancies are very limited, the applying candidates must remember that their performance at the interview matters a lot.
- The applying candidates should report to the PI or Co-PI, Department of mechanical engineering, IIT Guwahati, Guwahati- 781039 on time. Once the interviewing process closes no more application form will be accepted.