IISER Thiruvananthapuram Recruitment 2016-2017 – Junior Research Fellow, Project Assistant
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Thiruvananthapuram has released latest jobs advertisement named as IISER Thiruvananthapuram Recruitment for the post for Junior Research Fellow and Project Assistant.
Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram Recruitment 2017 invites applicants to apply for the position of JRF or project assistant at IISER. Suitable candidate will be selected from the applicants on the basis of qualifications and past work experiences.
Established by the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram is an autonomous Institution established with a motto of promoting high quality Science Education and Research in India. IISER has issued advertisement for the recruitment for the post of JRF or Project Assistant on the funded project called ‘Project A3: Comparative biogeography of plants on the Western Ghats’. This project is funded by the funding agency DBT. IISER requires candidates having aptitude and a strong motivation towards research in Evolutionary Ecology. The work of the selected candidate will mainly involve phylogenetics and biogeographic analysis on Western Ghats plants. Also, this project might give the selected candidate the opportunity to become a part of other PI research Group’s ongoing projects.
Any information regarding vacancy, eligibility criteria for the vacant posts, the list of shortlisted candidates eligible for interview will be uploaded on the official portal of IISER Thiruvananthapuram.
There is only one vacancy for the post of JRF or Project Assistant at IISER. It is a temporary job with tenure of 1 year which is extendable based on the performance of the selected candidate.
Following are the required qualifications to apply for the post of JRF or Project Assistant at IISER.
- The applying candidate must have attained a minimum of 60% marks or an equivalent grade in the preferable qualifying degree.
- The applicant must have at least one of the following qualifications:
- A post graduate degree in any area of Basic Sciences in Biology with NET qualification.
- A graduate degree in a professional course in biology with NET qualification.
- A Post graduate degree in professional course of Biology.
- A candidate having a Master’s degree in biological Sciences may also be appointed for the vacant post in case if there is no candidate with suitable qualifications as mentioned above.
Besides the above given mandatory qualifications of the applicants, there are several preferential qualifications for the applicants. Though these qualifications are not mandatory, candidates having these qualifications will be primarily preferred. The applicants with the following qualifications will be primarily preferred.
- An experience in basic molecular ecological techniques like DNA extraction, DNA Sequencing and PCR.
- Field experience and expertise in taxonomy.
Check here More :
The age limit of the applying candidates is fixed to be 32 years by IISER. Any relaxation in the upper age limit of the applicants because they belong to SC/ST/OBC/PwD or women categories will be in accordance with the government of India rules. Thus, there will be a relaxation of 3 to 5 years for the above given categories as per government norms.
IISER Thiruvananthapuram Recruitment Selection Process:
For the selection process, some candidates eligible for interview will be shortlisted from all the applicants. These candidates will be selected on the basis of their qualifications matching with the mandatory and preferential qualifications mentioned above, the past work experiences of the applicant and their academic records. As it is not possible to interview each and every candidate having the mandatory qualifications; hence some candidates will be selected by the recommendations of the Screening Committee, the Project Leader/ principal Investigator based on the previously given points. Thus it is suggested to the applying candidates to mention all their qualifications and experience in the relevant field. The shortlisted candidates will then be called for interview after which the candidate will be decided for the vacant post based on the applicant’s’ performance in the interview.
The salary structure for the posts of JRF or Project Assistant at IISER is as follows.
JRF= 25,000+HRA and Project Assistant= 20,000+HRA
The above given salary will be fixed for the posts. Any further negotiations on salary on the part of the applicant is neither expected nor appreciated.
How to Apply IISER Thiruvananthapuram Recruitment:
- The applicants must download the application form from the official portal of IISER, and after filling online application form, they should complete it by attaching scanned photocopies of the required documents and the photographs.
- The application must be submitted to a site as given below, with a subject line ‘DBT funded position in Plant Evolutionary Ecology- the applicant’s’ name’
- Along with one page of statement of interest, the application should also contain a detailed resume. Also, including exact contact details of the candidate is mandatory.
- IF shortlisted for the interview, the candidate should bring along the originals of all the applicable certificates as a verification to their age, qualification, past work experience, etc.
Application Fee/ Processing Fee:
As the final selection of the candidates is done by the process of interview, there is no processing fee for the selection process.
Any information regarding the application fee, will be available on the official portal of IISER.
Find Here – More Kerala Jobs
The last date to apply for the posts of JRF or Project Assistant online is 31th May, 2017. After this date no more applications will be accepted.
Advertisement and Application Form Link Details:
Any kind of notification regarding vacancy at IISER will be first declared at the official portal of IISER. The information regarding the date, time and venue of the interview will be declared first on the IISER official portal. The official portal of IISER is given below. www.vanasiri.in
IISER Thiruvananthapuram Recruitment Notification for post on funded project : Download PDF
The completed online application forms should be submitted on the following link.[email protected]
To know more about other latest openings the applicants should follow the link given below. http://www.iisertvm.ac.in/openings.phpx
- The appointment of this job is completely temporary and will hence terminate with the termination of the project, without any notice.
- The appointed candidate shall have no claim of appointment or absorption in Funding Agency or in IISER Thiruvananthapuram.
- For appearing in the interview no TA/DA will be admissible to be paid to the appointed candidate.
- Any kind of interim enquiries or correspondences or communication of any sort will not be entertained on the matter.