IIIT- Delhi M.Tech. Admission Forms
Life Science, now-a-days have been increasing rapidly. This life science includes the study of biology, computation, and mathematics. M.Tech. CB programs include the study of these three fields. Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology Delhi (IIITD) invites the candidates for pursuing M.Tech and PhD. Programmes in their institutions. The candidates can apply for the programme before the last date of online application. The official website of IIITD is www.iiitd.ac.in
The filling of online application form of M.Tech and PhD. starts from 21st March 2016. The last date of submission of application form is 11th April 2016. The candidate needs to pay an amount of Rs. 350/- through gateway methods or through credit cards or debit cards.
- Eligibility Criteria for M.Tech
- B.Tech/BE in CS/IT/Math-and-Computing
B.Tech/BE in any other discipline and must have done the following in their programme:
- at least one computer programming course, and
- at least two mathematics courses
- All applicants must have a valid GATE score (2015/2016).
- They must have a CGPA of at least 6.5 out of 10 or 65% in B.Tech/BE and 60% in all previous degrees including 10+2.
- IIIT-Delhi provides relaxation to SC, ST, OBC, PwD and CW category candidates. Candidates under these categories must have CGPA of at least 6.0 out of 10 or 60% in B.Tech/BE and 55% in all previous degrees including 10+2.
Note: Candidates who are appearing in the final examination are also eligible to apply. They are required to provide their last CGPA/aggregate percentage of marks.
Eligibility Criteria for PhD.
For CSE/ECE students
- BTech / BE / MTech / MS / ME in CS / IT / ECE / EE
- CGPA at least 7.5 on a scale of 10 (or equivalent). If your institute does not provide CGPA in the transcript, then at least 70% marks is required to be eligible.
- MCA/MSc(CS/IT/ECE/EE and allied ares) degree is considered equivalent to the BTech/BE degree. Such students are also eligible to apply with the condition that they have BSc in Computer Science or BSc in any other subject with Mathematics as one of the courses. The marks requirement is same as that given above for BTech/BE degrees.
For Mathematics students
MSc in Mathematics is also eligible for PhD in CS/ECE who meets the following requirements:
- At least 70% marks in both B.Sc and M.Sc.
- Strong inclination towards CS/ECE.
- For M.Tech
The selection for M.Tech admission will comprise of three stages:
- The applicants will be screened on the basis of GATE scores and their previous academic record (B.Tech/BE, 10+2).
- Maximum of 80 students will be invited to IIIT- Delhi to participate in the second stage.
- The selected candidates have to appear for a written exam in IIIT-Delhi that will test the candidates on mathematics, analytical abilities and comprehension skills.
- Depending on the results of this test, a maximum of 50 candidates will be invited to take part in the third stage, which will take place at IIIT Delhi.
- The candidates will be interviewed by the IIIT Delhi Faculty members
- For PhD.
- Eligible candidates can apply by sending an application directly to the faculty member of the institute depending on the research interests.
- The application must include the C.V. and other relevant information.
- Candidates must furnish all the necessary credentials in original (mark sheets, certificates, publications, research/professional experience etc.) at the time of interview.
- Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- The written and test will be conducted on 9th April 2016 at IIIT- Delhi.
- The written test will comprise of two parts.
How to Apply:
- The interested candidates can visit the official website of IIIT-Delhi to fill the application form.
- The candidates interested in M.Tech or PhD can apply according to their wish and eligibility.
- The candidate can apply through online mode only.
- Candidates are advised to read the instructions carefully and fill the application form online.
- The candidates are required to pay an online amount of Rs. 350/- through online.
- The candidates are required to keep scanned passport size photo and signature for filling the application form.
- After completion, candidate can submit their application form within the specified period of time.
Application/ Processing Fees:
- The candidates are required to pay an online application fee of Rs. 350/-.
- The mode of payment of fee is online only.
- Scholarships: The eligible candidates will receive GATE scholarships.
- Fees: The entire fee for M.Tech is Rs. 2.5 Lacs.
- For M.Tech
- Online Application Starts on -March 21, 2016 (Monday)
- Last Date of online Application -April 11, 2016 (Monday)
- Announcement of shortlisted candidates -April 14, 2016(Thursday)
- Test & Interview (at IIIT-Delhi campus) -April 23, 2016(Saturday)
- Publication of final Result -April 25, 2016 (Monday)
- Admission (at IIIT-Delhi Campus) -May 02, 2016(Monday)
- Starting of Refresher module (Tentative) -July 01, 2016 (Friday)
- For PhD
- Online application form start on -10th March 2016
- Last date of application – 27th March 2016
- Announcement of short-listed candidates – 31st March 2016
- PhD admission exam & interview – 9th April 2016
- PhD admission result announcement – 16th April 2016
Advertisement and Application Form Link Details:
The application form can be filled from the official website of IIIT- Delhi or https://www.iiitd.ac.in/admission/mtech/2016/details till 11th April 2016 for M.Tech and 27th March 2016 for PhD.