IIFT: IIFT Notification 2017
IIFT stands for The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) which was established in 1963. To help in the foreign trade management Government of India has established this institution, at present it has two campus one at Delhi and another at Kolkata. Last year all the students of the MBA( IB) was placed in the 75 renowned companies across the globe. The institution is following a regular upgrading the knowledge and the pattern of the studies for the candidates keeping the need of the Government in mind. Every year IIFT releases IIFT Notification for the MBA Entrance exam. Here we compile all the information regarding MBA(IB) courses and the entrance exam for MBA(IB) 2017.
IIFT – MBA(IB) 2017:
To meet the country’s growing demand in International business management the IIFT is admitting the students for the MBA (IB) courses. The courses material of the MBA ( IB) is giving more emphasis on the analytical and quantitative study on the International Business Management. The course is comprises of six semester in which recently the authority has included three foreign languages also, they are French / Spanish/ mandarin. The aspirants have to choose any one of them.
Every year the IIFT conducts an entrance test for the aspirants who wants took admission for the MBA(IB), this year also they has released the notification IITFT Exam 2017 for the candidates who want to get admitted in the IIFT for the MB(IB).
Important Dates for IIFT 2017 Entrance Exam-
|IIFT 2017 entrance exam notification expected||15th July 2016|
|Last date for obtaining application from cash counter (Offline)||5th September 2016|
|Last date to receipt application||5th September 2016|
|Last date for online registration||5th September 2016|
|Admit card availability||first week of November 2016|
|IIFT 2017 Examination Date||27th November 2016|
|Result announcement||January 2017|
|Commencement of course||First Week of July 2017|
Eligibility Criteria for the Entrance Exam of IIFT 2017
The IIFT has released the notification for the Entrance Exam 2017 in that the authority has mentioned the eligibility criteria of the candidates. So to appear in the test the aspirants has to fulfill the all the criteria mentioned by the Examination board of the IIFT. The eligibility criteria are composed of three different categories they are: Nationality, Age, and Qualification.
Any one across the world can appear for the IIFT 2017 Entrance Exam and the terms and condition is same for all. They have to choose any one of the campus from two option.
- Age Limitation:
There is no age bar for the applicants; any one of any age can appear for the exam.
- Qualification: Graduation from any recognized university / Final year student of an graduate level course but they have to produce their final certificate within 07/10/17
These criteria are only for the written test exam for next two of the selection procedure the candidates has to clear the written test.
IIFT 2017 Selection/Admission Procedure:
The selection procedure of the IIFT includes four steps. The first one is Written test for which they has declare the notification for the application and the date of the commencement of the exam. The different steps of the admission procedure are:
According to notification published by the authority of the IIFT the written test will be conducted for the interested candidates who want to seek admission in MBA (IB). Anyone who has a three graduation degree or in the final year of the degree can appear for the exam and there is no age bar. As the IIFT 2017 Notification the exam is going to be held on November 2016. Most probably the result for the authority will declare the result by January 2017.
The written test exam is followed by an essay writing test, the candidates who clears the written test round are get the eligibility to participate in the essay writing test. Here the aspirants have to write an essay on given topic in a fixed period of time. The aim of conducting this round is to check the strength of the aspirants in communication. After the declaration of the result of the written test the IIFT will declare the date for the essay writing test.
Group Discussion & Personal Interview:
This is the final round of the selection procedure, the candidate who will clear the essay writing round are called for this round. The aspirants who can clear all the rounds get the admission in the IIFt.
Check Here – Personal Interview and Group Discussion Tips
Essay writing and GD&PI rounds will be conducted in the month of January/February 2017. The cities where this round will be scheduled are as follows-
The students has to go to the chosen city after they clear the written test
IIFT 2017 Application Fee:
The application fee for the candidates is as mentioned below:
|Category||Amount for Demand Draft|
|General / OBC (Non Creamy Layer)||Rs 1550|
|Foreign National/ NRI/ Children of NRI||Rs 4500|
How to apply for IIFT Entrance Exam 2017:
- Visit the official site of the IIFT i.e. http://tedu.iift.ac.in/iift/index.php and then find the link for MBA(IB) Entrance Exam
- The link will navigate to a new page.
- Her you have to select the link: Apply online
- In that portal link go to the link showing : Click here to apply on line
- Here you choose the option Apply now, in the application portal you also have to choose the category in which are applying
- After choosing the category the candidates will be followed to a new page where there is instruction for the Online payment or by draft
- The candidates who paying the fees through online transaction they can go for the online payment after filling up the form but who is going for the demand draft payment they have to download the form fill up it and it send it with the required documents and the demand draft in the below mentioned address:
Sh. Gaurav Gulati, SAO (Academics),
Indian Institute of Foreign Trade,
B-21, Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi 16
- Now who are sending online they need to fill all the details as required for registration and submit it, if they can submit successfully an application number will be generated. Please note down that application number.
- Now the applicants will have to login again then follow the links to complete the details as required.
- Then pay the fee online
- Now upload the image and the signature ( size of each should not exceed 50KB)
- Now take a print out of the filled form
- The copy of online filled application forms has to be sent to IIFT through speed post/ registered post. Within 10 days it should reach the IIFT address mentioned above.
- In case of payment through DD, the DD with full name, address & application number on reverse side of the DD has to be enclosed.
- Name slips with applicant’s name & address written on it.
- 2 adhesive stickers, labels
- Copy of the educational qualification certificate
- Copy Caste certificate if necessary
- Copy of requisite certificate, if belongs to foreign nationals/ Children of NRI categories /NRI.
- Copy of GMAT score card, if belongs to foreign nationals/ Children of NRI categories /NRI.
For more detail you can check the official notification of the IIFT – here (http://iiftadmissions.net.in/ )
Check Here – GATE 2017 Notification
IIFT 2016-2017 Exam Pattern:
The IIFT is regularly changing its exam pattern for the entrance of MBA (IB). Approximately 125 MCQ will be present in the question paper will have type questions
It consist of four sections
- Verbal Ability
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Ability
- Reading Comprehension & General Awareness
|Section||Number of Questions||Marking Scheme|
There is a negative marking scheme also, for every wrong answer 1/3rd marks will be deducted.
Click Here for – Descriptive Idea of the IIFT exam pattern
IIFT 2017 Exam Centers:
The IIFT is going to conduct the entrance test in different cities across the country the candidates are requested to carry their admit card and a proper identity proof like:
- Driving Licence,
- Election I-Card,
- College I-Card,
- PAN Card.
The 20 cities where the exam is going to be conducted are:
|S.No||Name of the City|
The companies who are Recruiting the students of the IIFT MBA (IB)
Here is the list of the companies who are recruiting the aspirants from the IIFT in their different departments.
|Name of the Roles||Companies Recruiting|
|Risk Management||JP Morgan, ICICI Bank Religare|
|Investment Research||Goldman sachs|
|Finance Role||Amazon, Flipkart, Vodafone, Wipro|
|Investment Banking & Management||JP Morgan, Goldman sachs, HSBC, Nomura, Bank of America Continuum|
|Corporate & transaction/ treasury banking roles||Axis bank , CITY bank, Yes Bank, SBI, ICICI Bank, Goldman sachs, IDFC bank|
|Business consulting||Cognizant, Delloite, IBM|
|Business process consulting||TCS, HCL,HP,|
|Executive Search||Russell Reynolds, Michecal Page|
|Sales & Marketing||ITC, L’Oreal, Pernod Ricard, 3M, CCLG|
Let’s have a look on the records of last year performance of the IIFT in the recruitment drive, Here you will get an idea how IIFT admission 2017 is important for the aspirants who wants to make career in MBA
|Parameters of IIFT’s performance||Recruitment Record Of IIFT on 2016|
|No. of women Participating||53|
|Total number of company giving offer||81|
|No. of International offers||15|
|No. of PPOs||65|
|No. of lateral Offers||101|
|Average Salary offered||18 LPA INR|
|Highest Domestic offer||29 LPA|
|Highest International offer||USD 1,50,000|
Important Links For the IIFT 2017 Entrance Exam Notification:
Official Site: http://tedu.iift.ac.in/iift/index.php
Notification Site: http://cc.iift.ac.in/docs/IIFT/Admissions_2017_Pilot/index.asp
Application Portal: http://iiftadmissions.net.in/