IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2017-2018: CWE VII Clerical Cadre Vacancies – Apply From 12th September
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has released the official notification for IBPS Clerk recruitment 2017-2018 to fill up 7883 clerk post vacancies. The Institute invites online applications from the eligible candidates for the Common Written Examination (CWE) VII. The vacancy is only for Clerical Cadre positions in various Banks. Eligible candidates can visit the official website from 12th Sept 2017. Comprehensive information including educational criteria, job profile, pattern of examination and dates, application and payment procedures, total vacancy, selection process, significant dates, and links to official website are provided below. Interested candidates can go through the following instructions before applying.
The IBPS has been given the mandate to conduct Exams for selecting clerks for various banks like Allahabad Bank, Andhra Bank, Dena Bank, Indian Bank, Vijaya Bank, etc., The positions are open to both unreserved and reserved candidates. Qualified candidates seeking a rewarding career in these Banks can apply and pay the fee between 12th Sept 2017 and 3rd October 2017. Candidates within the age limits can apply for a position in only one particular UT/State. There are a total of 7833 clerk positions available for recruitment. The IBPS Director has released the official note under the title “COMMON RECRUITMENT PROCESS FOR RECRUITMENT OF CLERKS IN PARTICIPATING ORGANISATIONS (CWE CLERKS-VII) Vacancies of 2018-2019”
The appointment is made to various clerical positions by the participating organizations i.e. the above mentioned banks as per their official conditions and terms. Original testimonials are checked, and appointees cannot appeal for change in organization. The clerical cadre for Grade VI have to offer assistance in various banking services allotted to them by the superiors. The various office-related activities like accounts checking, cash counter handling, record and ledger maintenance, along with other assigned duties have to be performed with care and diligence in a prompt and courteous manner.
Participating Banks in IBPS Recruitment:
|Allahabad Bank||Canara Bank||Indian Overseas Bank||UCO Bank|
|Andhra Bank||Central Bank of India||Oriental Bank of Commerce||Union Bank of India|
|Bank of Baroda||Corporation Bank||Punjab National Bank||United Bank of India|
|Bank of India||Dena Bank||Punjab & Sind Bank||Vijaya Bank|
|Bank of Maharashtra||Indian Bank||Syndicate Bank|
Since IBPS Clerk Recruitment is to be done on State/UT-wise basis, you can apply to ONLY ONE State/UT. Refer to the Official Recruitment Notification for detailed State – wise Vacancies.
The total vacancies for IBPS Clerk 2017 are 7883.
The additional details in terms of qualification for clerical cadre of Grade VII are listed below –
- Graduate in any discipline from a recognized university
- Domiciled Candidates from Nepal, Bhutan, Tibet, SAARC and African countries should have Indian Government issued certificate for eligibility.
- Computer Literacy is mandatory and relevant Certificate/degree/diploma must be produced.
- Local language skills in terms of reading, writing, and speaking are preferred.
- Ex-Servicemen Candidates should be matriculate with other relevant Army, Navy, etc., education certificates.
Check Here – IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria
The following age requirements are essential as per IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2017 notification rules –
- Candidates have to be between 20 – 28 yrs. in age.
- Candidates from SC/ST/Bhopal Tragedy/Anti-Sikh riots/JK domiciled quota have upper age limit relaxation of 5 yrs.
- Women, Widows, Divorced and Destitute Women have upper age limit relaxation of 9 yrs.
- OBC candidates receive 3 yrs relaxation in upper age limit.
- Candidates with disabilities get 10 yrs relaxation in upper age limit.
Selection Process According to IBPS Clerk Notification:
Selection process for clerk positions is listed below in accordance with IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2017 advertisement:
For shortlisting the candidates written examination will be conducted online in two phases. The first will be the Preliminary Examination & the second will be the Mains Exam.The Candidates who qualify the Prelims will be eligible to write the Main Examination. Marks obtained in the Mains Exam will only be considered in the final selection.
- Preliminary exam for 100 marks in English, Numerical and Reasoning ability will be conducted with maximum marks of 30, 35, and 35 respectively.
- Cut-off marks are decided by authorities and a short list is made.
- The short listed candidates have to take the Main exam for 200 marks in five papers of 40 marks each – Reasoning, English, Quantitative Aptitude, GK, and Computer Knowledge.
- Modifications to selection process and appointments are done at the discretion of IBPS.
- Decisions made are final and binding.
IBPS Clerk Preliminary Exam Pattern 2017-2018:
|Section||No. of Qsns||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30||1 hour|
IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Pattern 2017-2018
|Subject/ Name of the Test||No. Of Qsns||Max Marks||Time for Each Section|
|General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35 Mins|
|General English||40||40||35 Mins|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45 Mins|
|Quantitative Aptitude||50||50||160 Mins|
Specific emoluments for above vacancy are not mentioned in the IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2017-2018 notification. Salaries commensurate with clerical grade positions will be paid. Additional details can be availed at official website of IBPS.
IBPS Clerk Application Fee :
Eligible candidates have to note the following instructions for fee payment-
- Only Online mode of payment is allowed i.e. Credit/Debit Cards, Internet Banking, etc.,
- Dates of fee payment are on or between 12th September to 3rd October 2017.
- SC/ST/Ex-Servicemen/PWD candidates have to pay Rs. 100 only.
- Other candidates should pay Rs. 600/-
- Additional Bank charges have to be paid by candidates themselves.
How to Apply IBPS Clerk:
The following application steps can be implemented:
- Only online application mode should be used by eligible candidates.
- Candidates should keep the following ready before applying –
- Valid e-mail id for communication.
- Scans of photo and signature should be following the official specifications strictly.
- Necessary details, documents and fee.
- Open the IBPS’s website in a browser using the link – www.ibps.in
- The following links have to be clicked in sequence : Homepage -> “CWE Clerks” -> “CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR CWE Clerks (CWE-Clerks-VII)” -> “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” – to open the Online Application Form.
- Candidate has to input basic information for provisional registration, and note down the registration number and password.
- Use the above number and password to login later or continue with application procedure by submitting and verifying all details.
- Location for posting has to be specified by candidates.
- Upload the scans and pay the fees using Credit and Debit Cards (Visa/ RuPay/ Maestro MasterCard/), Internet Banking, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets, or IMPS
- Use “SAVE AND NEXT” feature while applying.
- After thoroughly checking the application process, the FINAL SUBMIT button has to be clicked.
- Candidate should also download and keep hard copy/printout of application form and e-receipt for payment.
- The candidate cannot modify details later as per the official instructions.
Check Here – IBPS PO Recruitment Notification
The IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2017 notification tabulates the following notable dates –
|Official Date Of Notification Release||6th Sept 2017|
|Starting Date To Apply Online And Pay Fee||12th Sept 2017|
|Closing Date To Apply Online And Pay Fee||3rd October 2017|
|Dates To Download Pre-exam Call letters||November 2017|
|Pre-exam Training Dates||13th November 2017 to 18th November 2017|
|Dates To Download Preliminary Exam Call Letters||18th November 2017|
|Online Preliminary Exam Dates||2nd 3rd December 2017 to 9th, 10th December 2017|
|Result Of Online Preliminary Exam||December, 2017|
|Dates To Download Main Exam Call Letters||January 2018|
|Online Main Examination||21st January 2018|
|Provisional Appointment||April, 2018|
The link for home page of IBPS website is at – http://www.ibps.in/
The official notification for above mentioned positions can be downloaded here – Get IBPS Recruitment Notification
- Incomplete and incorrect applications are rejected.
- Candidates can download other forms provided as annexure for submission.
- Candidates have to refer to official website for comprehensive information.