IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2016 – Clerical Cadre Vacancies, Grade – VI Posts Apply Online Before 12th September
The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has released the official notification for IBPS Clerk recruitment 2016 to above mentioned vacancy. The Institute invites online applications from the eligible candidates for the Common Written Examination (CWE). The vacancy is only for Clerical Cadre positions in various Banks. Eligible candidates can visit the official website from 22nd August of 2016. Comprehensive information including educational criteria, job profile, pattern of examination and dates, application and payment procedures, total vacancy, selection process, significant dates, and links to official website are provided below. Interested candidates can go through the following instructions before applying.
The IBPS has been given the mandate to conduct Exams for selecting clerks for various banks like Allahabad Bank, Andhra Bank, Dena Bank, Indian Bank, Vijaya Bank, etc., The positions are open to both unreserved and reserved candidates. Qualified candidates seeking a rewarding career in these Banks can apply and pay the fee between 22nd August and 12th September. Candidates within the age limits can apply for a position in only one particular UT/State. There are a total of 19241 clerk positions available for recruitment. The IBPS Director has released the official note under the title “COMMON RECRUITMENT PROCESS FOR RECRUITMENT OF CLERKS IN PARTICIPATING ORGANISATIONS (CWE CLERKS-VI)”
The appointment is made to various clerical positions by the participating organizations i.e. the above mentioned banks as per their official conditions and terms. Original testimonials are checked, and appointees cannot appeal for change in organization. The clerical cadre for Grade VI have to offer assistance in various banking services allotted to them by the superiors. The various office-related activities like accounts checking, cash counter handling, record and ledger maintenance, along with other assigned duties have to be performed with care and diligence in a prompt and courteous manner.
The details pertaining to the above mentioned vacancy are listed below –
- For the vacancy in Clerk-VI posts, A recognised degree or equivalent are essential.
- For the vacancy in Clerk-VI posts, The candidate has to be between 20 yrs and 28 yrs of age.
- For the vacancy in Clerk-VI posts, Indian and domiciled candidates are eligible.
- For the vacancy in Clerk-VI posts, The candidates require local language skills and computer proficiency.
There are a total of 19241 positions vacant.
The additional details in terms of qualification for clerical cadre of Grade VI are listed below –
- Domiciled Candidates from Nepal, Bhutan, Tibet, SAARC and African countries should have Indian Government issued certificate for eligibility.
- Computer Literacy is mandatory and relevant Certificate/degree/diploma must be produced.
- Local language skills in terms of reading, writing, and speaking are preferred.
- Ex-Servicemen Candidates should be matriculate with other relevant Army, Navy, etc., education certificates.
Check Here – IBPS Clerk Eligibility Criteria
The following age requirements are essential as per IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2016 notification rules –
- Candidates have to be between 20 – 28 yrs. in age.
- Candidates have to be born between 2nd August 1988 and 1st August 1996.
- Candidates from SC/ST/Bhopal Tragedy/Anti-Sikh riots/JK domiciled quota have upper age limit relaxation of 5 yrs.
- Women, Widows, Divorced and Destitute Women have upper age limit relaxation of 9 yrs.
- OBC candidates receive 3 yrs relaxation in upper age limit.
- Candidates with disabilities get 10 yrs relaxation in upper age limit.
Selection process for clerk positions is listed below in accordance with IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2016 advertisement:
- Candidates with reservation and those who applied for Pre-Exam training will be receiving coaching free of cost. Other expenses have to be borne by the candidates themselves.
- Preliminary exam for 100 marks in English, Numerical and Reasoning ability will be conducted with maximum marks of 30, 35, and 35 respectively.
- Cut-off marks are decided by authorities and a short list is made.
- The short listed candidates have to take the Main exam for 200 marks in five papers of 40 marks each – Reasoning, English, Quantitative Aptitude, GK, and Computer Knowledge.
- Modifications to selection process and appointments are done at the discretion of IBPS.
- Decisions made are final and binding.
Specific emoluments for above vacancy are not mentioned in the IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2016 notification. Salaries commensurate with clerical grade positions will be paid. Additional details can be availed at official website of IBPS.
IBPS Clerk Application Fee :
Eligible candidates have to note the following instructions for fee payment-
- Only Online mode of payment is allowed i.e. Credit/Debit Cards, Internet Banking, etc.,
- Dates of fee payment are on or between 8th August to 12th September.
- SC/ST/Ex-Servicemen/PWD candidates have to pay Rs. 100 only.
- Other candidates should pay Rs. 600/-
- Additional Bank charges have to be paid by candidates themselves.
How to Apply IBPS Clerk:
The following application steps can be implemented:
- Only online application mode should be used by eligible candidates.
- Candidates should keep the following ready before applying –
- Valid e-mail id for communication.
- Scans of photo and signature should be following the official specifications strictly.
- Necessary details, documents and fee.
- Open the IBPS’s website in a browser using the link – www.ibps.in
- The following links have to be clicked in sequence : Homepage -> “CWE Clerks” -> “CLICK HERE TO APPLY ONLINE FOR CWE Clerks (CWE-Clerks-IV)” -> “CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION” – to open the Online Application Form.
- Candidate has to input basic information for provisional registration, and note down the registration number and password.
- Use the above number and password to login later or continue with application procedure by submitting and verifying all details.
- Location for posting has to be specified by candidates.
- Upload the scans and pay the fees using Credit and Debit Cards (Visa/ RuPay/ Maestro MasterCard/), Internet Banking, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets, or IMPS
- Use “SAVE AND NEXT” feature while applying.
- After thoroughly checking the application process, the FINAL SUBMIT button has to be clicked.
- Candidate should also download and keep hard copy/printout of application form and e-receipt for payment.
- The candidate cannot modify details later as per the official instructions.
Check Here – IBPS PO Recruitment Notification
The IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2016 notification tabulates the following notable dates –
|Official Date Of Notification Release||12th August, 2016|
|Starting Date To Apply Online And Pay Fee||22nd August, 2016|
|Closing Date To Apply Online And Pay Fee||12th September, 2016|
|Dates To Download Pre-exam Call letters||25th October to 7th November 2016|
|Pre-exam Training Dates||7th to 12th November 2016|
|Dates To Download Preliminary Exam Call Letters||18th November 2016|
|Online Preliminary Exam Dates||26,27 November; 3,4 December 2016|
|Result Of Online Preliminary Exam||December, 2016|
|Dates To Download Main Exam Call Letters||December, 2016|
|Provisional Appointment||April, 2017|
The link for home page of IBPS website is at – http://www.ibps.in/
The official notification for above mentioned positions can be downloaded here – Get IBPS Recruitment Notification
- Incomplete and incorrect applications are rejected.
- Candidates can download other forms provided as annexure for submission.
- Candidates have to refer to official website for comprehensive information.