HPCET 2017 Notification:
Want to take admissions in any engineering college in Himachal Pradesh? Apply for HPCET 2017 which is expected to be held in the 2nd week of May 2017. The candidates will have to appear for the entrance test in order to enroll for your desired engineering programs. Himachal Pradesh Technical University will be conducting the exam for which the scores are accepted across all participating colleges in the state of Himachal Pradesh. The aspirants can gain more information on HPCET 2017 such as its eligibility criteria, syllabus, exam pattern, the procedure to apply online, etc in this given notification.
HPCET 2017 Eligibility Criteria:
- The participants should have qualified HSC or 12th from any recognized Board or School with Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects.
- Apart from the compulsory subjects, candidates wanting to enroll for other engineering courses must have Chemistry/Biotech/Biology or Vocational subjects as an option.
- Further, he/she must have obtained at least 45% in the qualifying exams whereas the candidates belonging to SC/ST category must have obtained minimum 40%.
How to Fill HPCET 2017 Application Form:
The Himachal Pradesh Technical University is the governing authority which is responsible for accepting the application, organizing entrance test across various centres and release results on its official website. The Application form for HPCET 2017 Test will be uploaded on the official website soon after which the candidates must submit the form in order to appear for the test.
- Go to www.himtu.ac.in
- On the homepage, click on Online Registration and enter the required details that will help you create an account.
- Then proceed towards application procedure by signing in to the account and clicking on the application form.
- The Application Form will be available on which the candidates will have to feed details and save it before proceeding to the next page.
- At the end of the form, the participants are needed to upload scanned copy of the thumb impression, signature, and applicant’s photograph in prescribed format.
- Further, complete all the other fields present and click on submit button for submission.
- Pay the eligible application fee as per the category using the mode prescribed below.
- Obtain the printout of the confirmation page and the filled application form to use it during verification and counseling process.
The candidates must pay their application fee through Internet Banking or Debit or Credit Card or through e-challan.
HPCET 2017 Exam Centres:
The test is a state level entrance test and hence the exam centres will be in the state of Himachal Pradesh only. The candidates will be able to select their desired exam centres when the slot booking process commences.
HPCET 2017 Exam Pattern:
Following is the exam pattern –
- The test will be organized in offline that is Pen and Paper mode.
- The test will be in English language and will be 3 hours duration.
- The test is bifurcated into three sections namely Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics with each carrying 50 questions totaling for 100 marks for each section.
- The participants will attract deduction of 0.5 marks on every wrong answer and +2 marks for every right answer.
HPCET 2017 Syllabus:
|Chemistry||Biomolecules, Polymer, Solutions, Atomic Structure, Chemical Thermodynamics, Organic Chemistry, Alcohols, Haloalkanes and haloarenes, Atoms and Nuclei, Environmental Chemistry, etc.|
|Physics||Electronic Devices, Oscillations & Waves, Laws of Motion, Work, Electromagnetic Induction and AC, Energy and Power, Optics, etc.|
|Mathematics||Mathematical Reasoning, Sets, Differential equations, 3D Geometry, Trigonometry, Sequences and Series, Integral Calculus, Continuity, Limits, Permutations and Combinations, etc.|
HPCET 2017 Admit Card:
- The presumed date of issuance of Admit Card is in the 2nd week of May 2017. The Admit Card is essential as it contains information on the applicant’s identity, exam centre code, CET Roll No., Application ID and other important information. The candidates must take the printout of the application form once it is upload on the official website www.himtu.ac.in.
- It is also important to check the admit card thoroughly and report to the concerned authority in case if any mistake or error is found. Contact at the given address –
Controller of Examination,
H.P. Technical University,
Gandhi Chowk, Hamirpur – 177 001.
- Printout of the Admit Card is required to be shown during the date of examination as without which the candidates will not be permitted to attend the test.
HPCET 2017 Results:
The Presumed date as the date of issue of results is in the 4th week of May 2017. The University will upload results for all the applicants on its website www.himtu.ac.in. The candidates must check their results and obtain the hard copy of the same for future use. The aspirants will have to wait for few days for the cutoff list to be released after which the admission process will commence.
HPCET 2017 Cutoff & Rank List:
The Himachal Pradesh Technical University will issue the cutoff list and rank list shortly after releasing results. The cutoff score is the minimum score needed to qualify the Entrance Test. The Rank List contains the ranks for each candidate applied for the test. The admission for any engineering program will be done keeping the score and rank in consideration.
HPCET 2017 Counseling:
The aspirants who had qualified HPCET 2017 and JEE Main 2017 will be called for counseling where the equal number of seats are reserved for both the entrance test. The verification of documents will be undertaken at the counseling session and seat allocation will be done as well. There can be multiple rounds of counseling where qualifying candidates will be able to receive at least 02 institutes accepting their scores where they decision will be taken by the applicants.
|Opening date for application form submission||1st week of March 2017|
|Closing date for application form submission||1st week of May 2017|
|Admit Card Availability||2nd week of May 2017|
|Exam Date||2nd week of May 2017|
|Results||4th week of May 2017|
The website of Himachal Pradesh Technical University is www.himtu.ac.in