How To Prepare For CDS Exam
Often categorized as one of the toughest competitive examination, the CDS examination is about to be conducted by UPSC. Well, the question on everyone’s mind is How to Prepare for CDS Exam?. Union Public Service Commission conducts CDS that is Combined Defence Service Examination for recruiting captivate and eligible candidates for the various available posts in Defence and government sector. Due to its popularity, there have been large number of people seen attempting this examination which makes it difficult to score higher marks since it is tough, however, with proper guidance, studies, and these tips mentioned below, hopefully it will garner good results and you will be able to score extraordinarily higher and that would increase the chance of selection considerably.
CDS Exam Pattern:
UPSC conducts CDS I and CDS II for concerned job profiles across the country where each question paper consists of three subjects that are General Knowledge, Mathematics, and English. Each subject has MCQ type of questions for which the directives to prepare are given below.
How to Prepare for CDS Exam for English Subject?
It is important to get good hold on grammar and vocabulary since the question paper is set in English and a major section of questions are dedicated to english. The syllabus for English subject is available online which covers topics such as Selecting Words, Antonyms, Synonyms, Comprehension Questions, etc.
Check now – UPSC Calendar
Tips to Prepare for CDS Exam English:
- Read magazines, books, english newspapers, books, etc to improve grammar and vocabulary.
- Speak in English with everyone to practice the language.
- Grab Dictionary and other grammar reference books.
- Try to learn new words every day.
- Solve mock test to improve english subject.
How to Prepare for CDS Exam fro GK Subject?
General Knowledge or GK is an important section where questions are asked on Universities, Indian Economy, Indian History, Indian Navy, Current Affairs, etc. To prepare well for GK, you can read newspapers daily to stay updated about trends and events. Watch news channel daily to improve the knowledge and then try solved papers and mock test to test the knowledge.
How to Prepare for CDS Exam for Mathematics Subject?
Maths form the 1/3rd part of the CDS Examination which makes it scoring and important. The questions are on subjects such as Statistics, Geometry, Trigonometry, Algebra, Mensuration, etc. The students must try to attempt questions and theorems and must have basic concept cleared for any theorem or sum. Solve test papers and mock test to gain more knowledge.
Common tips to prepare for CDS Exam:
- Firstly, download the complete syllabus from the website of CDS or UPSC for each subjects that will be coming in the examination.
- Next is to devise a strategy to learn all the subjects one-by-one and do the scheduling that enhances the knowledge overtime.
- For GK, stay updated with newspapers and news channels and other mediums.
- Practice for each subjects by attempting the mock test and solved papers available online or purchase reference books for the questions papers.
- Time Management is equally important as learning all the subjects of CDS. Devise a schedule and learn accordingly so that each subject is properly revisioned.
- Solve previous year questions papers and make the revision more strong.
- And lastly, it is very crucial to be confident about the upcoming examination.
Some important links to check
|UPSC Recruitment||UPSC CMS Application Form||UPSC Civil Services Recruitment|
|UPSC IES ISS Final Results||UPSC CDS Syllabus||UPSC Geologist Exam|