How To Perform Well In Exams: Government & Private Competitive Exams
Exams are held by Government and Private Organizations for recruitment of suitable candidates with desirable qualifications, relevant experience, satisfactory aptitude and social awareness. All the candidates have one concern how to perform well in exams? here are few helpful tips useful for candidates. The exams could be held online or offline, and can take the form of written exams, oral tests, viva voice, personal interviews, skills tests, and physical endurance tests. Merit is judged based on marks allotted as per predetermined evaluation rules. The interested candidates are notified of all the specific details so as to ensure transparency in selection and to follow Government guidelines, rules, and orders.
In the Government Organizations, The established rules, laws, and infrastructure ensure that the exams follow a familiar pattern for jobs in various sectors like – Defence, Railways, Central and State Governments, Policing, Postal Services, and Education. In contrast, The private organizations recruit for various positions based on exams decided as per their own internal rules. In lieu of this, The private employment seekers have to be tech-savvy and make use of social networking and online services to stay ahead of competition.
The following guidelines have been framed taking the time and technology factors into consideration. The aspirants are invited to go through these instructions to ensure successful performance in both government and private examinations –
The ubiquity of internet services and the availability of numerous private jobs in IT sector has made technology indispensable. The aspirants can peruse the following tips –
Search The Web:
- A computer with efficient configuration and internet connection with reasonably speedy connection should be used.
- The latest browser version from Chrome, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc., must be used.
- The aspirants have to search the internet using search engines like Google, Yahoo, Ask.com, Bing, etc.,
- Searching keywords should be specific and relevant.
- All the above mentioned skills help save time and in quickly accessing necessary online resources.
Be An Efficient Computer User:
- Good typing and browsing skills have to be acquired.
- Browser features like bookmarks, history, caching, and extensions should be properly understood and utilized.
- The basics of computer usage have to be learnt and applied efficiently.
- Computer skills include keyboard shortcuts; data storage, retrieval and printing using pen drives, scanners, printers, etc.,
- Basic web skills like uploading, downloading, browsing, saving, copying, and deleting files.
- The above mentioned skills are very useful in the context of exams as they help aspirants complete initial steps of preparation like researching official notes, storing information, downloading study material, applying correctly for jobs, etc.,
- The skills are also essential for online applications, downloading admit cards/hall tickets, checking for updates regarding exams and appointments, etc.,
Subscribe For Services:
- The aspirant can consult online resources like job portals and academic websites in addition to the official company sites.
- These online resources tabulate the latest exam calendars.
- The candidate can quickly search the job portal for information on exams under different categories like Education Boards, Banks, PSC – State and Central, Railways, Universities, etc.,
- The exam details for private sector are also listed.
- The browser feature like bookmark has to be used efficiently. The aspirant can quickly bookmark the relevant websites.
- The bookmark manager can be used to organize the information. Aspirants who are not keen on note taking can use technology for quickly gathering all the exam details.
- The aspirant can consider signing up with the education and job websites.
- Online training with mock tests are available along with question papers and study material.
- The aspirant can register at the job portal and take high-quality tests to gauge his or her own performance.
- The tests are available in online and offline modes.
- Candidates are also offered the opportunity to retake exams to improve performance.
- The online test scores may come in handy when seeking a private job.
Take Follow-up Action:
- The aspirants who register for coaching using online services can interact regularly with website personnel using email services.
- Feedback can be received, and test scores can be compared with other competitors.
- Subscribers can seek additional help in the form of email and mobile alerts for exam dates.
Time plays a major role in planning, preparing, and executing a study plan. The following tips can be considered for implementation for efficient performance in Government and Private Exams –
- If there is considerable time for exams the aspirant has to take practice tests primarily to assess his or her readiness.
- English vocabulary is very important and weekly improvement in terms of number of words learned must be shown.
- The aspirant can master 20 to 25 words per week.
- Coaching and tutoring has to be considered early and not at later stages of preparation.
- Syllabus completion has to be kept in mind and any backlogs in terms of uncovered chapters, difficult topics, postponed assignments have to be addressed.
- English Writing has to be practised with earnestness.
- The performance appraisal has to be done, and based on confidence and comfort levels the aspirant has to go ahead with intensive preparation.
- Practise tests have to be taken in a comprehensive manner henceforth.
- Tests should be practised every one or two weeks.
- All the test-taking strategies, questioning patterns, frequency of topics, marks allotment, etc., have to be understood and remembered.
- Comprehension skills have to be mastered by taking up essay-writing with all possible commitment.
- The candidate has to take timed tests and ensure he or she is satisfied with the speed of performance as well as accuracy in each section.
- The practise test should be given importance but casual approach should be avoided.
- The aspirant can take the test in a peaceful manner in a relaxed atmosphere.
- As the date of exam approaches, The aspirant has to concentrate on health, relaxation, eating nutritious food, and drinking clean water.
- A medical check up can be scheduled for reassurance.
- Sleep has to be regulated and mental peace has to be ensured in the final few days before the test.
- All the stationery, admit card or hall ticket, personal id, etc., have to be kept ready.
- On the day of test, The candidate has to eat protein-rich breakfast.
- The candidate can seek spiritual support in the form of blessings and good wishes from elders before leaving for the venue.